January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh fuck off with the whole 'my nan's, brother's best mate is cousins with the kit man' bollocks.

My dog is head of catering at Crawley and has told me that what you've said is a load of wank.

My cousin is a waiter in Crawley and your dog can't fucking cook!

Charlie Austin signing for Southampton. £4,000,000.
am I right in thinking they kept that really quiet?
or had the press reported they were in talks?

it gives me hope we will announce a signing out of the blue like with son.

Austin is a good signing for them. especially for just 4m. as long as he stays fit of course!

am I right in thinking they kept that really quiet?
or had the press reported they were in talks?

it gives me hope we will announce a signing out of the blue like with son.

Austin is a good signing for them. especially for just 4m. as long as he stays fit of course!
We did not want him, take half our young players into night clubs turn them into Lennon's!

Isn't he a winger? We need an out and out striker, already got wingers who can play up front.
I heard he is a striker being deployed as a winger. could be wrong though!

I too want an out & out striker. but I don't feel like poch does.

They look like something out of Dark City

ez53a3a7a1.jpg

At this point I don't have a criteria - someone, anyone is better than no one. Obviously one more suit to us is better but I won't kick up a fuss whoever we sign, as long as we sign someone.

I disagree. If we sign someone for the sake of signing someone then it's a fucking waste. I'm sick of us signing players who have no place in our squad. Gone are the days of ettiene cappoue and stambouli

I heard he is a striker being deployed as a winger. could be wrong though!

I too want an out & out striker. but I don't feel like poch does.

I'd imagine Poch would rather a free scoring attacking midfield type player as a back up to kane as opposed to an out and out striker. I'm pretty confident it's the reason we signed son in the first place. The fact he is an improvement on Chadli as a left winger is just a bonus though.

I disagree. If we sign someone for the sake of signing someone then it's a fucking waste. I'm sick of us signing players who have no place in our squad. Gone are the days of ettiene cappoue and stambouli
In that instance we had CMs for DAYS!!! Paulinho, Dembele, Holtby, Sandro, Huddlestone, Parker

With us upfront no we've got... Kane

In that instance we had CMs for DAYS!!! Paulinho, Dembele, Holtby, Sandro, Huddlestone, Parker

With us upfront no we've got... Kane

It doesn't matter. Pochettino would sooner play lamela, son, Chadli or n Jie up front than he would Charlie Austin. He was offered him and said he'd make do with what we have.

He doesn't want shit players with no future for us just to appease the fans.

It doesn't matter. Pochettino would sooner play lamela, son, Chadli or n Jie up front than he would Charlie Austin. He was offered him and said he'd make do with what we have.

He doesn't want shit players with no future for us just to appease the fans.
We don't have to buy a piece of shit - just because a striker who is strong, fast, can pass, is free scoring, is young, can head and has a great ethic isn't available doesn't mean we should sign a striker - that's kind of a tall bill to fill. I'm fairly certain Pochettino knows that if Kane gets injured none of Son, Chadli or Lamela are going to do half as a good a job as Kane up top.

We don't have to buy a piece of shit - just because a striker who is strong, fast, can pass, is free scoring, is young, can head and has a great ethic isn't available doesn't mean we should sign a striker - that's kind of a tall bill to fill. I'm fairly certain Pochettino knows that if Kane gets injured none of Son, Chadli or Lamela are going to do half as a good a job as Kane up top.

That's your opinion, but clearly not the gaffer's. And I think I would rather trust his.

Have to wonder if the same people saying just sign anyone are the same people who flip out when we sign someone they've never heard of before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom