January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes laugh is it's all good you buffoons on here calling people "cunts" and " idiots" for expressing a desire to strengthen in a position we are clearly short in but let's say we don't sign someone and in 3 weeks time Harry Kane gets injured and the goals start to dye up. What will be your fucking excuse then? I bet you will all be coming on here saying " I wish we would of signed a striker now" .... It's not about signing a championship striker and suddenly he's the man who's going to win us the league. Are you all that simple? It's about having that extra option. Having that natural striker to come in and do a job when Kane is off form or god forbid injured. That natural striker who can come in and play with Kane at times. But you mugs keep burying your head in the sand and keep believing Nacer Chadli and Son are strikers!!!!

It's fortunate none of us need to pretend you know anything.

What makes laugh is it's all good you buffoons on here calling people "cunts" and " idiots" for expressing a desire to strengthen in a position we are clearly short in but let's say we don't sign someone and in 3 weeks time Harry Kane gets injured and the goals start to dye up. What will be your fucking excuse then? I bet you will all be coming on here saying " I wish we would of signed a striker now" .... It's not about signing a championship striker and suddenly he's the man who's going to win us the league. Are you all that simple? It's about having that extra option. Having that natural striker to come in and do a job when Kane is off form or god forbid injured. That natural striker who can come in and play with Kane at times. But you mugs keep burying your head in the sand and keep believing Nacer Chadli and Son are strikers!!!!
I don't think any of us are opposed to the concept of signing players to better the team. The people being called cunts are the ones reacting as if we will get relegated if we don't sign anyone or Levy is sitting in a compound full of gold coins like Scrooge McDuck while Messi is saying he wants to sign for Spurs and we are passing on him.

hahahaha

''there MUST be someone''...yet not one person in that camp can suggest someone.

Sort of proves the point that there isn't an abundance of available quality in the market, doesn't it?
I see. So the Levy apololgists are loosening up there excuses already. No available quality in the market. OK.

Poch turned Dier into a defensive midfielder in a few months, I am certain they are working on Son and Chadli to provide cover for that striker position. Nice to work with what we have for a change, both talented players.

Our Key here is Poch I would prefer someone who has worked with him for a year or two to many of our very limited options out there. They know the system, the team, have scored winners for us already this season

I just don't see many options better

That natural striker that Kane isn't? That back up who will play in a system that doesn't use a target man, and which has already used Son successfully as a striker more than once? Pochettino has said he signed Son as a player who can play both with Kane (when used out wide) or as the striker in his system. He then went and did it too. And it's worked out fine.

You're harping on about this unnamed "extra option." What kind of option? Pochettino has talked about using multiple forwards in his line-ups, and has already done this in practice more than one. If you're thinking of some kind of target man to come on and win balls, give up now. We don't play that way, and Pochettino won't change that.

Poch turned Dier into a defensive midfielder in a few months, I am certain they are working on Son and Chadli to provide cover for that striker position. Nice to work with what we have for a change, both talented players.

Our Key here is Poch I would prefer someone who has worked with him for a year or two to many of our very limited options out there. They know the system, the team, have scored winners for us already this season

I just don't see many options better

I once saw him turn water into wine.

Great pictures there, i'm a happy chappy. Love Poch and the team.
For once we have a manager and a team to be proud of, superb.

Get off the clubs back guys and support them!

We are in January not February. And in many recent Januarys we`ve been pushing top 4, Levys kept his hands in his pockets, and we ultimately fade away and miss out. In January 2011 we were 3rd, in the title race, 10 points above Woolwich, and Levy gave us Nelson and Saha.
We all know what happened after that.
And it was all Levy's fault. Harry's actions during the year had nothing to do with it. Harry's inability to find talent had nothing to do with it. It had to be all Levy's fault.

This is spectacular revisionism.

We are in January not February. And in many recent Januarys we`ve been pushing top 4, Levys kept his hands in his pockets, and we ultimately fade away and miss out. In January 2011 we were 3rd, in the title race, 10 points above Woolwich, and Levy gave us Nelson and Saha.
We all know what happened after that.
We will be in February for our next League game, nothing will change by then in the League. We'll be in the title race in February.

Just shows what kind of fan you are that in this excellent season, full of great moments and break out performances, you choose to piss and moan instead of celebrate.

Typical.

I don't think any of us are opposed to the concept of signing players to better the team. The people being called cunts are the ones reacting as if we will get relegated if we don't sign anyone or Levy is sitting in a compound full of gold coins like Scrooge McDuck while Messi is saying he wants to sign for Spurs and we are passing on him.

Who's saying we are going to get relegated if we don't sign someone? That's not what people are saying. People are worried and have every reason to be because we have just 1 striker on our books. Nacer Chadli and Son are not strikers!!! They never have and never will be. They will come in and do a job if we are desperate but we need a natural striker to come in just Incase shit hits the fan. Why is everyone acting like a bunch of clowns and calling people " cunts" for a perfectly reasonable request.

Agreeing with someone who wants to bet AGAINST Spurs.

Maybe Arcspace wasn't so far off the mark.

Ridiculous.
I`m agreeing with his opinion that we should show some intent and make an effort to strengthen the fucking squad. We have been in this situation so many fucking times. Its because I`m so desperate to see Spurs succeed that I`m on here voicing my concerns. So you can fuck off with your cheap Arctw@T slur.

I`m agreeing with his opinion that we should show some intent and make an effort to strengthen the fucking squad. We have been in this situation so many fucking times. Its because I`m so desperate to see Spurs succeed that I`m on here voicing my concerns. So you can fuck off with your cheap Arctw@T slur.
We haven't show intent now?

Keep digging, mate.

It's pretty sad isn't it? Resorting to insults such as "cunt" and "twat" when someone doesn't have the same opinion as you ONLINE ffs. What exactly does it actually prove calling someone a cunt on a message board? Just sad.

Who's saying we are going to get relegated if we don't sign someone? That's not what people are saying. People are worried and have every reason to be because we have just 1 striker on our books. Nacer Chadli and Son are not strikers!!! They never have and never will be. They will come in and do a job if we are desperate but we need a natural striker to come in just Incase shit hits the fan. Why is everyone acting like a bunch of clowns and calling people " cunts" for a perfectly reasonable request.

Just like how Dier isn't a midfielder and Gareth Bale wasn't a winger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom