January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
That squad is top 8 max. We need better acquisitions than Moreno and Rodriguez if we are to get back to the top 4/5 again. I still see no 20 goal a season striker in there. That's our biggest miss, in my opinion.

Kane's already on 11 in all competitions, but yeh take your point, Depay and Berahino would add goal power thats if Berahino does get done on the drink driving. Need to show some ambition, no more average signings because it wastes our money and prevents more of our young crop of players coming through, we should be looking for only high quality.

Unless that new contract had some clause that Levy is now activating, then these rumors seem way off. Would be a bit strange to loan a 19 y.o.

I agree. He's had trouble getting into their team and was on his way out it seemed, but as they have now agreed on a deal it'd be weird if he wasn't actually in their plans. We shouldn't loan him though. We have our own players to develop.

Wish people would stop with the Depay chat. No way he's coming to us, he has United written all over him. Also, we have no idea what Poch's formation is yet. If Eriksen is playing as a LW then we don't need Depay.

Rod is coming back from a serious injury and looked awful for England. He scored 15 goals in his best ever season and that's it. Defoe got around that level. Is that worth 20 million? No.

Benteke also coming back from serious injury and we don't know what he will be like. He's looked good though and has had a few good season, is worth the 20 mil risk and is younger than Rod (His birthday today, 24...BUY THE MAN A CAKE :adethumbup:)

Loan option for Rabiot seems pointless, would rather develop Bentaleb and we have too many CM's as it is. If it's on a permanent deal then it's an amazing transfer and we can just get rid of Dembele.

Wish people would stop with the Depay chat. No way he's coming to us, he has United written all over him. Also, we have no idea what Poch's formation is yet. If Eriksen is playing as a LW then we don't need Depay.

Rod is coming back from a serious injury and looked awful for England. He scored 15 goals in his best ever season and that's it. Defoe got around that level. Is that worth 20 million? No.

Benteke also coming back from serious injury and we don't know what he will be like. He's looked good though and has had a few good season, is worth the 20 mil risk and is younger than Rod (His birthday today, 24...BUY THE MAN A CAKE :adethumbup:)

Loan option for Rabiot seems pointless, would rather develop Bentaleb and we have too many CM's as it is. If it's on a permanent deal then it's an amazing transfer and we can just get rid of Dembele.

That's the issue with Rabiot, if Demebele, Paulinho and one or two others leave then fine with me but otherwise our squad is too large, it needs cutting first.

The Depay talk is not completely unrealistic, he is still quite young, Eriksen was being touted around Barca, Liverpool, Woolwich and the like and he ended up with us. We are in a strong position to sell 4-5 players and make some cash, if we do I would rather just buy one or two players like Depay for £30 million than 4-5 average ones who will clog up the team and hurt the youth players coming through.

Brilliant individuals can change teams, us with Bale or Liverpool with Suarez, even Sanchez with Woolwich who was around £30 million. We have a history in the market of ambition, from Klinsmann to Ginola to VDV so on and so on. While Depay is good there is no grantee that RM or United will go for him as he is not yet forfilled potential and if a gap appears I say lets go for it. Even Newcastle and Everton are apparently after him so we just might be the pick of the bunch

otball/transfer-news/netherlands-world-cup-star-memphis-4677572

The Depay talk is not completely unrealistic, he is still quite young, Eriksen was being touted around Barca, Liverpool, Woolwich and the like and he ended up with us. We are in a strong position to sell 4-5 players and make some cash, if we do I would rather just buy one or two players like Depay for £30 million than 4-5 average ones who will clog up the team and hurt the youth players coming through.

His age and price worry me. £30 million for a 20 year old is absolutely massive and the last time we spent hugely on a youth prospect it didn't exactly go to plan. It would be a huge gamble, our biggest transfer ever on a kid.

I agree that we need star players and otherwise should use youth, but it's overly simplistic. Many stars aren't going to come to us and it's as simple as that. Can try all we like, sure, go for it, but at the end of the day it's probably not gonna happen.

There's also a huge gap between "youth player" and "world class star". From that basis, we would never have got Chadli, one of our top scorers, because he is only "good"? We wouldn't have got Bale either and Liverpool wouldn't have got Suarez, who was good but not world class 2-3 years ago. Just massively over-simplifying it.

I don't think Berahino would be on my radar any more if I was Poch. When he is scoring he is good, when he isn't he sulks. I don't like players that sulk and mope around the pitch with things aren't going their way... Couple that with the recent drink driving thing he just stinks of bad attitude to me. I wouldn't bother!

Ignore the source website, the quotes are a bit worrying.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...spurs-midfielder-eriksen-4051816#.VH8bsqSsXiQ

PSG coach Laurent Blanc has again talked up the qualities of Tottenhammidfielder Christian Eriksen.

Blanc admits he's a big fan of the Dane, who is returning to his best form under Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino.

"I can tell you that we have seen him a lot lately by sitting in the stands," said Blanc in L'Équipe.

"At Ajax, Eriksen was already good. In England he only got better. Everyone can see he understands his profession well.

"He always sees the solution and can create at any time in the game something. It would be nice if he would soon play with us."

Fuck off you froggy cunt.

Eriksen talked about last season having his own plan in his head that no one else knows about. It's obvious that someday he wants to go to Barcelona and that is what he'll wait for. All Ajax players want to go to Barca, the clubs have a long history of players going back and forth.

I'd be stunned if he went to a worse league to play for PSG. Unless his progress stagnates and things change, I can't see him leaving for anyone except Barca.

Eriksen turned down Man City because he wants regular playing time, now he's in arguably the best league in the world why would he take a step back to join the french league? Im sure he was offered better wages by City he wont leave for P$G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom