January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
His age and price worry me. £30 million for a 20 year old is absolutely massive and the last time we spent hugely on a youth prospect it didn't exactly go to plan. It would be a huge gamble, our biggest transfer ever on a kid.

I agree that we need star players and otherwise should use youth, but it's overly simplistic. Many stars aren't going to come to us and it's as simple as that. Can try all we like, sure, go for it, but at the end of the day it's probably not gonna happen.

There's also a huge gap between "youth player" and "world class star". From that basis, we would never have got Chadli, one of our top scorers, because he is only "good"? We wouldn't have got Bale either and Liverpool wouldn't have got Suarez, who was good but not world class 2-3 years ago. Just massively over-simplifying it.

Buying is always going to be a gamble to some degree, and Depay ain't a bad gamble, I am sure you can see the way we have often bought cheap sometime good sometimes bad but with a sqaud the size it is any purchases we make need to be better than what we have otherwise why buy a player when we already have two others in his position just as good as him, we need to concentrate not on depth, we have that but on quality. IMO Depay, Berahino and players as such would improve us and if we are agressive in chasing them you never know.

If Rabiot is brought in, then it'll surely mark the end of Dembele and/or Paulinho at Spurs.

We wouldn't get him unless we've made assurances about entering the first team fairly quickly, not just sticking him in the U-21s.
I wonder (again, if he comes) whether joining Hugo was an incentive.

you're easily pleased, if it was Benteke or Bony I'd be front and center on the bandwagon

another young defensive midfield prospect doesn't excite me in the slightest
To be fair, I meant with regards to any transfer rumour (I read it back and just knew it may look Rabiot-centric!)

I'd still find watching a young player develop rather exciting - but yeah, surely we'll be doing something with regards to strikers.
It's feeling an awful lot like Poch simply doesn't want to use Ade anymore.

(Now that I've said that, he's guaranteed to start against Chelsea)

To be fair, I meant with regards to any transfer rumour (I read it back and just knew it may look Rabiot-centric!)

I'd still find watching a young player develop rather exciting - but yeah, surely we'll be doing something with regards to strikers.
It's feeling an awful lot like Poch simply doesn't want to use Ade anymore.

(Now that I've said that, he's guaranteed to start against Chelsea)

If we can just off Ade and bring in one of Benteke, Bony or Jackson fucking Martinez we'd be mint for the rest of this season. We need to spend 25-30 mil on a top class striker because that's pretty much what they cost these days. Kane and Soldado would both benefit greatly playing off either of those guys our attacking mids or wingers too. Benteke would probably be our best bet out the 3 and the youngest plus being Belgian he'd fit right in and we'd not have to worry about that stupid fucking acon bollocks every other season.

If we can just off Ade and bring in one of Benteke, Bony or Jackson fucking Martinez we'd be mint for the rest of this season. We need to spend 25-30 mil on a top class striker because that's pretty much what they cost these days. Kane and Soldado would both benefit greatly playing off either of those guys our attacking mids or wingers too. Benteke would probably be our best bet out the 3 and the youngest plus being Belgian he'd fit right in and we'd not have to worry about that stupid fucking acon bollocks every other season.
We lucked out that Togo didn't qualify, too. Would make selling Adebayor in January a lot easier.

he was top class when we bought him

that kinda proves the point tbh

I remember 4-5-6 years ago when it was easy to whinge, shouting, "Go out and splash the cash!".

Since Soldado, Lamela and Paulinho I'm more penny hungry than Levy. Transfer-Phobia, I break out in sweats when anyone mentions anything over £15mil.

I remember 4-5-6 years ago when it was easy to whinge, shouting, "Go out and splash the cash!".

Since Soldado, Lamela and Paulinho I'm more penny hungry than Levy. Transfer-Phobia, I break out in sweats when anyone mentions anything over £15mil.

yeah but the likes of Benteke or Bony there's next to no risk really

you just gotta buy the right players but that's also why them 2 would cost 25-30 mil each as they are EPL proven and have the right attitude but they are attainable

Soldado was a funny one and I was more on the David Villa on the cheap boat back when we got him but levy ballsed that up too. Soldado was a top striker though and still has it in him if we can only get our system set up right

you really gotta look at the situation you bring players in too because we brought the 7 into an absolute clusterfuck with infighting from the playing staff right up to the directors box. Absolute madness and shoddy as fuck leadership.

Poch is having to deal with alot of the same shite AVB did and only now most people are starting to realize that backing the gaffer and giving him time is the only way to change the direction we're heading.

I agree!

Spurs fans during the Summer 2013/14 Transfer window:

Randy_4b32ea_1152423.jpg

Spurs fans by December 2013...

759.gif

yeah but the likes of Benteke or Bony there's next to no risk really
Yes, yes there is risk. Don't be ridiculous, please.

Tottenham Hotspur is where talented up and comers go to die. Sigurdsson got out while he still had some life left in him, luckily for him.

Yes, yes there is risk. Don't be ridiculous, please.

Tottenham Hotspur is where talented up and comers go to die. Sigurdsson got out while he still had some life left in him, luckily for him.

you see the word "next" in the statement

right, now let that their word "next" and the context of it's use marinate for a minute or 2

:freund:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom