January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villarreal defender Mateo Musacchio has revealed that he turned down a move to Tottenham Hotspur because the terms that were offered to him were not good enough.
"When you get offers they have to be good for the club and for the player. In this case it wasn't good enough for either, so in the end it didn't happen"

:levyeyes:

Villarreal defender Mateo Musacchio has revealed that he turned down a move to Tottenham Hotspur because the terms that were offered to him were not good enough.
"When you get offers they have to be good for the club and for the player. In this case it wasn't good enough for either, so in the end it didn't happen"

:levyeyes:
The club, the player and the three people who own the player☆

Still thinking we need a CM of Schneiderlin's mould. Fund using Dembele + Paulinho perhaps.

Leaving Capoue / Schneiderlin / Bentelab / Stambouli / Mason for that position.

Long as we sell though's players to foreign teams no worries. Have to buy a striker in the jan window as well.

The day after Tottenham scored a point at rivals Woolwich in the North London Derby, the strength of Spurs’ attack is put under the microscope in the Sunday Mirror.

According to the tabloid, neither Emmanuel Adebayor nor Roberto Soldado have proved that they can successfully lead the line for Mauricio Pochettino this season, and so the Lillywhites are plotting to recruit a hot-property Spanish striker this January.

As reported in the Mirror:

Tottenham are watching Valencia hitman Paco Alcacer as boss Mauricio Pochettino scours Europe for a front-line striker.

[Pochettino] is desperate to make a January signing and is aware that 21-year-old Alcacer, who recently made his debut for Spain, would be available for around £15million due to a release clause in his Valencia deal.

For the record, Alcacer is under contract at the Mestalla until June 2016.

Alcacer has already scored four goals in La Liga this season.

Looks like Valencia's new Soldado....as long as he doesn't end up as our new Soldado...

The day after Tottenham scored a point at rivals Woolwich in the North London Derby, the strength of Spurs’ attack is put under the microscope in the Sunday Mirror.

According to the tabloid, neither Emmanuel Adebayor nor Roberto Soldado have proved that they can successfully lead the line for Mauricio Pochettino this season, and so the Lillywhites are plotting to recruit a hot-property Spanish striker this January.

As reported in the Mirror:

Tottenham are watching Valencia hitman Paco Alcacer as boss Mauricio Pochettino scours Europe for a front-line striker.

[Pochettino] is desperate to make a January signing and is aware that 21-year-old Alcacer, who recently made his debut for Spain, would be available for around £15million due to a release clause in his Valencia deal.

For the record, Alcacer is under contract at the Mestalla until June 2016.

Alcacer has already scored four goals in La Liga this season.

Looks like Valencia's new Soldado....as long as he doesn't end up as our new Soldado...

Maybe we can include soldado in the deal.

Yeah. One must leave also I guess.

More faith in youth as well as Townsend / Kane / Mason are have been no worse than some players we have signed.

Kane was our best striker the last few games of last season, in preseason and in the few games he has had this season.

He can hold the ball up ( something bobby and ade rarely do), he stays up front so we have a target man and he has a good football brain.

Even so Kane is not enough and I am running out of patience with ade and bobby.

Kane was our best striker the last few games of last season, in preseason and in the few games he has had this season.

He can hold the ball up ( something bobby and ade rarely do), he stays up front so we have a target man and he has a good football brain.

Even so Kane is not enough and I am running out of patience with ade and bobby.

The issue that keeps happening with Adebayor is he is fucked on 70mins. He is a professional footballer and hold be able to play 90mins once a week.

I like Kane. Not top end, but Spurs and can score. Good player to have in the squad.

Sign JayRod as a striker in January and Rafa Silva (currently SC Braga) as LW.
Rodriguez offers a high offensive work rate like Ade combined with a good focus on scoring, exactly what we need imo.
Rafa Silva is a fast, creative AM somehow comparable to Hazard who will (I strongly believe that) make the next step this season meaning he'lol be out of our reach at the end of the season. Get him rather sooner than later.

The issue that keeps happening with Adebayor is he is fucked on 70mins. He is a professional footballer and hold be able to play 90mins once a week.

I like Kane. Not top end, but Spurs and can score. Good player to have in the squad.
I don't have a problem with Adebayor not being great for 90 minutes, since it's pretty clear Pochettino understands and uses the sub-effect well. I don't think Adebayor is as good as he was, and what's left doesn't excuse the flaws in his style of play, when dropped into our system.

In January, I think I'd like to see him send elsewhere, along with Paulinho and perhaps Dembele, with perhaps another LW/Striker option coming into the squad, ideally with out-and-out pace, since that's the main think neither Soldado nor Kane bring, to give us more attacking options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom