January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is early talk, but I saw this on Reddit:

Greg Stobart said that Jay Rod will only have 6 months remaining on his contract when it will be January.
So basically, (unless he renews his contract) Southampton can either sell him in January and get whatever small fee they can receive, or ask Jay Rod to stay with them for the whole season and then let him leave on free in the Summer.

It's kinda similar to Holtby's situation when we bought him.
And it kinda makes sense (excluding the injury issues) why we weren't so aggressive to get him.

This has Levy written all over it. :levyeyes:

Last edited:
Yep. JayRod is my first candidate. Optionally a new RB if Walker stays injury prone the first season half.
But apart from these it's not really enlightening to discuss winter transfers concerning our complete nescience about the upcoming season half.

The squad for the Premier League hasn't been announced yet, but it will contain of 23 players, with two of Khumalo, Ekotto and Ceballos not included, of the 23 players we have 6 homegrown players.

Yedlin may come in January and then we need to make a decision to sell/loan some of those 17.

Interestingly enough we could buy Schneiderlin and Rodriguez without having to remove any players in January due to them both being homegrown.

Squad of 25 - first team Squad

25 senior players (19 non-HG/6 HG)
HG=homegrown Currently 6. Max 17 non-HG included.

U21: 5 in senior Squad

Keepers: 3 (3 non-HG/0 HG)
Lloris, Friedel, Vorm
HG: 0
U21s: 0

Defense: 9 (6 non-HG/3 HG)
Assou-Ekotto, Chiriches, Kaboul, Khumalo, Vertonghen, Fazio
HG: Naughton, Rose, Walker
U21: Davies, Dier, Veljković

Midfield: 11 (8 non-HG/3 HG)
Capoue, Ceballos, Chadli, Dembélé, Eriksen, Lamela, Paulinho, Stambouli
HG: Lennon, Mason, Townsend
U21: Bentaleb

Attack 2 (2 non-HG/0 HG)
Adebayor, Soldado
HG: 0
U21: Kane

Last edited:
I know this is early talk, but I saw this on Reddit:

Greg Stobart said that Jay Rod will only have 6 months remaining on his contract when it will be January.
So basically, (unless he renews his contract) Southampton can either sell him in January and get whatever small fee they can receive, or ask Jay Rod to stay with them for the whole season and then let him leave on free in the Summer.

It's kinda similar to Holtby's situation when we bought him.
And it kinda makes sense (excluding the injury issues) why we weren't so aggressive to get him.

This has Levy written all over it. :levyeyes:
This is odd, every source I can find says Rodriguez' contract is until 2016, not 2015. Not sure where Stobart got that from.

Jay Rodriguez agrees move from Burnley to Southampton in £6m deal | Football | theguardian.com

Signed a four year deal in summer of 2012. Unless it involves a break clause after three years or the fourth year is a player option or something, he still has 2 years to run.
Yeah that's what I thought too ... and people over at Reddit were asking the same question.
So far the general consensus over there seems to be that it indeed is something similar to the break clause after 3 years, as in it's the player's choice if he wants to add another year after the third.

Yeah that's what I thought too ... and people over at Reddit were asking the same question.
So far the general consensus over there seems to be that it indeed is something similar to the break clause after 3 years, as in it's the player's choice if he wants to add another year after the third.
I dunno, still seems sketchy. There have been many articles about Rodriguez being offered a new deal, and his refusal to sign it, and none mention a break clause or player option. Feel like Stobart just misspoke and he'll correct himself later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom