January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed the Summer 2015 Transfer thread hasn't been created yet, plenty of players ready to play in Champions League who would want to join us.

Chadli now firmly a fan favourite, current top scorer. Lamela proving all the critics wrong. Eriksen back to his best. We've even managed to get a result against a big team for once.

Or, you know, we desperately need a striker and David Moyes is coming in.

Who have thought that cold October evening & putting Friedal up top would spark an average of us scoring 16 goals a game

Kool-aid-LEVY_zpsc909d2bb.gif

(ah, the optimism of summer 2013)

Africa Cup of Nations:

No teams have even qualified yet (except for Morocco), so it is possible that we may not lose Bentaleb, Ade, or BAE to international duty at all. However, Algeria is in a group w/ Mali, Ethiopia, and Malawi, so I imagine it'll be a walk for them. Togo will probably come in second in their group of Ghana, Togo, Guinea, and Uganda.

The competition lasts from 17 January – 8 February, meaning we miss the three mentioned players (assuming BAE is even registered) for, at most:

Palace away (10.1 for international preparation)
Sunderland home (17.1)
FA Cup 3rd Round
WBA away (31.1)
NLD (7.2)

I predict we'll have our squad back in time for WBA away. And if a player does go missing, it won't be Ade…

Not directly related to us, but the contract offer for Bakkali has been withdrawn. His contracts keeps him at the club until 30 june 2015. He's been a cunt to tthe club but I hope we go in for him. Massive talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom