January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think I could bang in 10 a season in the Netherlands.
If you was'nt American I would of thought you were being "ironic", and that would of made me laugh !
But I think you are, so I don't think you realised that what you just said was funny, so for that reason, you are the weakest link, goodbye !
Having said that, if you really are American, next time you are in Holland, make sure you bring plenty of money with you, you'll be fine.
:defoe2:

If you was'nt American I would of thought you were being "ironic", and that would of made me laugh !
But I think you are, so I don't think you realised that what you just said was funny, so for that reason, you are the weakest link, goodbye !
Having said that, if you really are American, next time you are in Holland, make sure you bring plenty of money with you, you'll be fine.
:defoe2:

1347364432731.png

I'd be happy to have Negredo, but Seville already rejected a roughly £14 million offer and I wouldn't be inclined to reeeeaaalllly splash out on him. .

Where did you hear that mate? Not calling you out just wondering can I also see the source please

Say we sign Willian whose place does he take? Just behind Defoe instead of Dempsey maybe but Dempsey looks most likely to score. Can't drop Lennon to play a from three. Lennon playing too well this season.

Why does this keep coming up, what is ingrained in our minds that we are so concerned about who misses out. If a player is better than what we already have, we shouldn't not sign him just because we have numbers there. I really can't get my head around this mentality and it keeps coming up.

Ye unrealistic at this point but I have only heard about 4 striking targets this window, Llorente, Damiao, Kenwyne Jones, Altidore.

Altidore could be worth a punt if he is cheap enough.
14 goals 18 appearances....3 million. I'd take a punt...ok ok... Dutch league is notorious for bad defending (I wonder how Jan feels about that) but lets say you take away 5 goals as a sub-par league deduction.

9 goals in 18 appearances= 50%

Defoe- 10 goals in 22= 45%

While I have no idea where I am going with this post, the general idea I would like to get across is that 3 million for a 23 year old who has a "deducted" or "handicapped" goal percentage similar to Defoe, seems like a reasonable buy. Others may disagree, and I agree in part, because there is a large league gap but if you watch his goal reels, they are (for the most part) solid goals that would give any defense a run for their money.

Plus, he is pretty swoll and would fill up that lillywhite kit.. :ledleylick:

EDIT: For reference-

This my last Jozy post...until we sign him :baletroll:

14 goals 18 appearances....3 million. I'd take a punt...ok ok... Dutch league is notorious for bad defending (I wonder how Jan feels about that) but lets say you take away 5 goals as a sub-par league deduction.

9 goals in 18 appearances= 50%

Defoe- 10 goals in 22= 45%

While I have no idea where I am going with this post, the general idea I would like to get across is that 3 million for a 23 year old who has a "deducted" or "handicapped" goal percentage similar to Defoe, seems like a reasonable buy. Others may disagree, and I agree in part, because there is a large league gap but if you watch his goal reels, they are (for the most part) solid goals that would give any defense a run for their money.

Plus, he is pretty swoll and would fill up that lillywhite kit.. :ledleylick:

EDIT: For reference-

This my last Jozy post...until we sign him :baletroll:

Looks like he can score a header... Caulker is our only aerial threat ATM so if he's cheap...

Why does this keep coming up, what is ingrained in our minds that we are so concerned about who misses out. If a player is better than what we already have, we shouldn't not sign him just because we have numbers there. I really can't get my head around this mentality and it keeps coming up.
I'm not agreeing with the mentality to which you are referring, but I think you have to agree that Lennon has been one of our best players this season, not only going forward but tracking back as well. So I don't think we should be looking to replace him

Although I must admit, if we brought in Willian, I think he, Dempsey, Bale, Lennon and Siggurdsson could all get a lot of playing time. We have a very busy schedule and a strong squad will be key.

Having said that, I have a nagging feeling Willian might turn out to be a bit of a flop, and £20 million is a lot to spend on a player only proven in Ukraine with 2 international caps. Little bit risky. What happened to the Belhanda rumours, he might be an option

I'm not agreeing with the mentality to which you are referring, but I think you have to agree that Lennon has been one of our best players this season, not only going forward but tracking back as well. So I don't think we should be looking to replace him

Although I must admit, if we brought in Willian, I think he, Dempsey, Bale, Lennon and Siggurdsson could all get a lot of playing time. We have a very busy schedule and a strong squad will be key.

Having said that, I have a nagging feeling Willian might turn out to be a bit of a flop, and £20 million is a lot to spend on a player only proven in Ukraine with 2 international caps. Little bit risky. What happened to the Belhanda rumours, he might be an option

I'm not talking about Lennon at all.. I think Lennon has been playing out of his skin this season.

As a matter of fact lets not even focus on a player, its this idea of, oh we can't buy that good player, because we have 3 worse players instead. It's just mind boggling

Back
Top Bottom