January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm going to go off piste here but does anyone think we need a striker?

Just think we look a bit short up front. Just saying.

:baletroll:
ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

Sneijder gone to Gala, makes the next week and a bit a bit simpler now.

We could use a top striker but we already have Ade on big wages, I think we will just see January through without a new front man.

Midfield is a big issue, Parker not creative enough to break down teams that sit back, bring Holtby in now and we still have money for a big signing. Moutinho and Holtby would be overkill this Jan which puts the Moutinho deal in further doubt.

Watching the games on Super Sunday exposed our lack of depth, Woolwich, Chelsea, and United all had attacking options on the bench (Nani didnt even get on the bench?) and we had Townsend/Sigurdson. Willian would be a great option to push wingers/number 10.

It's clear we have too many fringe players which makes things a little cloudy when it comes to bringing some one new in, who do we really need to splash the cash on given targets available?

Ideal signings given budget

Llorente - top forward available on the cheap, doesn't sound like we have really tried to make this happen and Juve are now set to get him for free in the Summer but he would porbably be available for under 10M?

Holtby - bring him in now on the cheap, 2M.

Willian - Splash the cash here to get a class player 20M

If we got those players then it's job done but we know it's not going to happen like that. I think Holtby + big cash on Willian is more realistic and we could get by with Defoe/Ade.

I don't think we'll get Llorente. Apparently he's on his way to Juve. I don't think he'll choose us over Juve, even if the Italian game is going to shit. He'll get higher wages, guaranteed Champions League football and more trophies

I don't think we'll get Llorente. Apparently he's on his way to Juve. I don't think he'll choose us over Juve, even if the Italian game is going to shit. He'll get higher wages, guaranteed Champions League football and more trophies
Ye unrealistic at this point but I have only heard about 4 striking targets this window, Llorente, Damiao, Kenwyne Jones, Altidore.

Altidore could be worth a punt if he is cheap enough.

I'd be happy to have Negredo, but Seville already rejected a roughly £14 million offer and I wouldn't be inclined to reeeeaaalllly splash out on him. And definitely not £20 million+.

Say we sign Willian whose place does he take? Just behind Defoe instead of Dempsey maybe but Dempsey looks most likely to score. Can't drop Lennon to play a from three. Lennon playing too well this season.

Back
Top Bottom