January 2012 Transfer Window Thread *Warning: Contains ITK*

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: January 2012 Transfer Window Thread *Warning: Contains I

spooky said:
Okay, flashback complete. It has to be 11 or so because last time out Harry and Levy were sharing a late night pizza.

Gonna get messy what with the Wigan game being played on the day.

Bet Harry's not looking forward to 2mor that much..

Up early to walk the dogs, Get to London, Court Case all day, Get to WHL for Wigan game, Post game interview, Transfer Madness till late (maybe squeeze in a couple of compulsory SSN interviews!!) Back home in the early hours, satisfy Sandra.

Blanchflower said:
Redknapp will be gutted not being able to stand outside the training ground winding up the Sky reporters

That "We're signing Messi" joke never gets old...

Dicko said:
spooky said:
Okay, flashback complete. It has to be 11 or so because last time out Harry and Levy were sharing a late night pizza.

Up early to walk the dogs, Get to London, Court Case all day, Get to WHL for Wigan game, Post game interview, Transfer Madness till late (maybe squeeze in a couple of compulsory SSN interviews!!) Back home in the early hours, satisfy Sandra.

He also needs to find time to walk the dog.

[itk=The Goart date=30th January inout=in player=unknown status=itk probability=1]"Suddenly, Terry Wogan and The Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band spring to mind."[/itk]

The Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band had a single - The Floral Dance. So this is all to do with the flower bollocks. The Wogan bit? No idea.

Flower could mean anything. Someone on SC has discovered that 'Llorente' is actually derived from the latin for Floral or flowering... so that can be added to all the sunflower bollocks to basically mean if we sign any striker we have been linked with for the last 10 years it will link.

spooky said:
Dicko said:
spooky said:

He also needs to find time to walk the dog.

Think that was covered Spook..

It has been a slow window Prem wide so far for both ITKs and actual deals. Things could pick up today and Tuesday but I doubt it. I think the Financial Fair Play rules are making clubs think twice about spending big money knowing the ramifications of debt. I still don't think a big club will ever be banned from Europe because of FFP but it seems to be working so far. What do the rest of you think?

Ok, the Wogan bit - wogan used to sing over the Floral Dance instrumental song on the radio and eventually released it as a single too.

I now know this... I shouldn't

[centre]
k315964_s21860_brain%20full%20of%20fuck%20sagan.jpg
[/centre]

In other news, Norwegian media today reports that Steffen Iversen's son Joey James (6) has joined the Spurs academy. Not because he's Iversen's son, but because one of Spurs' scouts spottet Joey James playing football in the schoolyard and was impressed by what he saw. Like his father, Joey James is also a striker. Could this little fella be the answer in 14 years or so?

Iversen_1_155655x.jpg

Robbo said:
In other news, Norwegian media today reports that Steffen Iversen's son Joey James (6) has joined the Spurs academy. Not because he's Iversen's son, but because one of Spurs' scouts spottet Joey James playing football in the schoolyard and was impressed by what he saw. Like his father, Joey James is also a striker. Could this little fella be the answer in 14 years or so?

[ Image ]

The Milky Bars are on me!

[itk=Mystery date=30th January inout=in player=General status=itk probability=7]"As I said not too long ago, we are not interested in Hoilett, only possibly Samba. Our interest is still strong on the big man, but as you've probably read in the press, Blackburn will not allow the move... This could well be just a ploy for us to dig deeper in our pockets, which DL won't do! So the chances of us getting Samba aren't that great, but who knows?

In terms of other transfers, we did show an interest in Remy but that's gone stale over the period of time.

Don't be expecting some massive last minute transfer, since Harry isn't really that bothered about us signing anyone, we would only probably get a player in, if it was another gift from DL.

There could well be a few players going out, most of which will indeed be loans for our development squad/youngsters.

That's all the info I really have, I've tried to stay away from it all this window, but met my old contact at Golf yesterday!

Peace"[/itk]

[itk=The Journalist date=30th january inout=in player=Unknown status=itk probability=6]"I think you are all going to be dissapointed.
Told this morning that nothing has changed and even outgoings are a million miles away."[/itk]

I'm fairly relaxed about this now. In reality with Harry in court we're unlikely to see anyone come in. Such is life.

If the right player isn't available then lets not go and blow and shed load of money on him - a new manager might just want to get rid of him anyway.

I definitely don't want to make any 'panic buys' this period (unless it's Miralem Pjanić), or overpay for a player that may or may not fit in at Spurs.

That being said, it is definitely disheartening to see some of the other teams making moves (or at least trying) while we are sitting tight. I think our squad is absolute 'tits' right now, but with the big question mark of Ade for next year (can't see how he's at the Lane), i think we must get a striker in this period so that he has a good deal of time to get used to the league, the team and (most likely) a new country. This would allow them to hopefully hit the ground running next season when we'll need to rely heavily on them.

Leandro would fit the bill (and appears to be a stud), and i really think Moussa Sow would have been great, too (sucks that Fenerbache picked him up on the cheap - €13M). I wouldn't mind Demba Ba at £5-7M (read he's only on £30k/week), but would always worry about his knees and am tired of always fearing that body part. Radamel Falcao ... yes, please! Gonzalo Higuain, Mario Gotze, Edison Cavani, Bojan Krkic, Loic Remy or Fernando Llorente would all be absolutely great buys.

Now is our time to return to glory!

C'mon Levy ...

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed we don't look like signing a couple of people.

Despite the fact he's now badly off form, I think the City game (especially first half) showed we rely on Ade a lot to hold the ball up, and Defoe looks a bit lost when asked to play up top on his own, so if Ade got an injury between now and the end of the season, I think we'd be in big trouble. A young target man who may be happy to play a bit-part role behind Ade until the Summer would be ideal (Damiao fits the bill perfectly).

Also, I think the Watford game showed when we don't have Lennon or Bale in the team we really struggle to get width and break teams down. I certainly think a winger who can play on both wings (Hoilett would be perfect) would be excellent business for us.

Damiao and Hoilett would probably cost the best part of £30m, but would both have a significant higher sell-on fee if they were successful, and most of the transfer fee could easily be recouped by letting go of Pav, Gio, Corluka/Bassong, Niko and Pienaar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom