January 2012 Transfer Window Thread *Warning: Contains ITK*

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: January 2012 Transfer Window Thread *Warning: Contains I

[itk=JJetset date=29th January inout=in player=Various status=itk probability=7]"Hard to get players mid season unless you are going to pay silly money. The calibre of players we want, we need to tie down as early as possible in pre contract deals for the summer. Also Daniel must have had an epiphany the last week and changed his tune so it's time to get busy!!"[/itk]

[itk=opensaysme date=29th January inout=in player=Berbatov status=itk probability=5]"I know we've held talks with his reps.

I only ever get told stuff early on.[/itk]

This is possibly the least productive form of procrastination out there.

[itk=Kdspur date=29th January inout=out player=Bostock status=itk probability=8]"bostock on loan to sheff wed for rest of season"[/itk]

Not sure if this is news or not yet - so listing it as ITK for now... if true will go back and correct the 'San Jose Earthquakes' ITK and news reports from a few weeks ago

[itk=Opensayme date=29th January inout=in player=Vertonghen status=itk probability=5]"Got a text from my source.

Apparently we're in the process of putting in a bid for the ajax defender."[/itk]

[itk=Spurvert date=29th January inout=in player=Vertonghen status=itk probability=7]"Agreed before window shuts, to come in summer."[/itk]

If it's agreed before the window shuts, surely he either comes now or we send him back on loan?

Yeah, he's not out of contract so there wouldn't be any advantage.

If think you can still agree to sign players, it just the contracts and FA paperwork that can't be done outside of the window, so players can only actually move during a window. We could presumably have a contract in place so that the deal gets done before as soon as the window opens.

Just wanted to reiterate what we're all thinking ... Sibs is the f*ing shit!!!

Keep doing your thing big dawg!

Daily Star saying that Tom Carroll has joined Derby on loan for the rest of the season. Nigel Clough (Derby manager) saying he hopes to get a "certain someone" on loan today.

I never remember leading up to it. Always thought it was midnight, then had flashbacks to 6pm but that seems too early.

The window is 6pm when it falls on a weekend or bank holiday and rolls over to the next working day.

It is midnight in the summer because of the difference between GMT and BST....

Okay, flashback complete. It has to be 11 or so because last time out Harry and Levy were sharing a late night pizza.

Gonna get messy what with the Wigan game being played on the day.

spooky said:
Okay, flashback complete. It has to be 11 or so because last time out Harry and Levy were sharing a late night pizza.

Gonna get messy what with the Wigan game being played on the day.

And Harry being in court all day. But then he has nothing to do with transfers...if you actually believe him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom