January 2012 Transfer Window Thread *Warning: Contains ITK*

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Ladies and Genitals, it's that time of year again!

It's gonna be filled with hopes, dreams, excitement and utter bullshit... all of which I love in equal amount.

Now, feel free to post I.T.K. here, and ridicule it, laugh at it, believe in it, but lets not try and shoot the messenger (the poster) and aim any criticism at the original 'alleged' I.T.K.

If there is any transfer news that you read post it here. Also Goal.com is only as good as I.T.K.

Anyway - here's a few rumours, I.T.K. and speculation

IN:
Kaka - Apparently Harry has said that he thinks he past it

Vertonghen

Leandro - Apparently same stage at the summer. We are interested, he is interested - just need to agree on price. Price has gone up £5M since the summer. POTL and another poster have started the 'cryptic' yellow bullshit again.

Remy

Hazard - Not a chance. Seriously, I.T.K. are just stating the obvious now.

Apparently Levy is in talks with the agents of two of the above players. This makes no sense as it would mean that a deal with the club would have been agreed in principle and we would have surely heard about it in the press.

Out:
Caulker - Wants to play at Spurs next season, but only if he gets about 20 in all comps. If not he would want to go out on loan again to a Premiership team, preferably Swansea as he likes the way the play football.

Carroll - Lots of interest in a loan - we are holding out for a Premiership side. Again, possibly Swansea

[itk=POTL date=31st December inout=Out player=Townsend status=confirmed probability=8]Andros Townsend off to Leeds on Season long loan[/itk]

Livermore - Multiple offers, but Q.P.R. looking likely

Transfer Dealings:
This is from The Journo. He got just about everything wrong last transfer window. He was certain we were after Farfan and Huntlear, so really hasn't done his credibility any favours. Anyway he reckons that Harry has told Levy that he wants all of our transfer dealings done by 10th or 11th of January, to avoid what has happened last few windows. We can almost certainly say this wont happen, but it will be interesting to see if we have signed one or two big players by this time.

Re: January 2012 Transfer Window Thread

In a similar theme to Eden Hazard not coming, I can almost certainly confirm Messi, CRonaldo and Iniesta aren't either.

Start of silly season has seen a lot of rumours about Pienaar leaving
fine - but then for squad depth can we afford for Townsend to go out on loan?
if he does go Leeds?
Thought lower EPL club might go for him - be better experience wouldn't it

Think Leandro ship has sailed - our interest generated interest from Spain & Italy
which seems where most Brazilians tend to go

Out - Bassong, Giovani [finally], Pav, Corluka
whether we can use any in part swap deals who knows
Think Gomes will stay and see out contract - leave on a Bosman in June

In - Corluka & Bassong go then defence Samba
would anyone be happy to see Bosingwa? - only 6mnths left on contract
Striker urgently, maybe rw
Drogba & Ade looked v pally in tv interview - who knows DD family settled wants to stay in London
just hope going for a striker not like last Jan window

In all seriousness, I have a very good source who until recently was high up in Rangers (a family member). He told me some time ago that we were looking at a partnership with them, but it fell apart as Rangers did not want to be known officially as a "feeder club".

Been told this week that talks are still on, we will pay an annual fee, send youngsters to them on loan and have first refusal on their players. Of present interest to us are Allan McGregor and Nikica Jelavic.

All sounds plausible as we will need a keeper and Jelavic would add to the Croatian crew we already have. He'd be a decent enough third or fourth striker IMO.

January 2012 Transfer Window Thread

No more than 2 players coming in or going out. Doesn't make sense having a busy January window.

Thelonious Filth said:
No more than 2 players coming in or going out. Doesn't make sense having a busy January window.

^This - Striker/Winger + defender

Maybe a loan as well, and a youngster or two

Evra and Vidić were fucking shit when they first joined though. Took them time to settle, that's the issue I have with the January window. They're better for struggling teams.

Thelonious Filth said:
Evra and Vidić were fucking shit when they first joined though.
Happy for anyone to be shit for six months if they are then superb for years.

AberdeenYid said:
Thelonious Filth said:
Evra and Vidić were fucking shit when they first joined though.
Happy for anyone to be shit for six months if they are then superb for years.
given some of the cunts that support Spurs they'd probably be booked in the Priory with the abuse we'll have dished out between now and the summer.

A very good point.

Some on another forum would see Brad hung drawn and quartered for yesterday's goal. Words fucking fail me sometimes.

I heard someone say we should sign Bridge
I've heard people say we should sell BAE

I need to go on an internet detox.

AberdeenYid said:
A very good point.

Some on another forum would see Brad hung drawn and quartered for yesterday's goal. Words fucking fail me sometimes.

This is the exact reason I gave up the official Spurs forum years ago.

I wouldn't sign Bridge to clean the bogs.

Benny is our weak link, but only Evra (and he's looked iffy recently) and Enrique are any better or as good. Left Back seems to be a weak position worldwide these days.

I think rumours of his demise have been greatly exaggerated. Any error our players make is always blown out of proportion.

All gone quiet on the Vertonghen front? If we had made some sort of agreement back in November or whenever it was, wouldn't we have heard something a bit more definite by now?

Really interested to see what happens up front.

Andros Townsend has joined Leeds United on loan until the end of the season.

The young winger, who has had previous loan experience in the Championship with Millwall, Watford and Ipswich Town, recently signed a new contract with the Club until 2016 and has scored twice in eight appearances in our colours to date
would rather he'd have gone to a Premier League side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom