Ivan Toney

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably a ton of them.

I remember an article in a Swedish paper when a footballer in our top league was revealed to have been betting on games. He said something along the line of everyone betting on something. Maybe not football but almost every player in the league bets on something because they have nothing better to do with their time and money.

So I would not be surprised if there is a similar problem in the English game as well.

No ref has ever been caught in England. I wonder if they are monitored in the same way. Probably not knowing football.

Well; yeh there's strong potential that "stupid" comes into play........ Some people just have a complacency that they won't get caught.

I'm not sure Toney is the brightest...... He allowed himself to be filmed saying "Fuck Brentford" directly into some blokes camera not so long ago.

Not necessarily; no...

Are you an alcoholic cos you go to the pub every Friday night?

That’s the thing isn’t it.

Where is the line between habit and addiction? Does it differ for the individual or is it a clear one. You drink a bottle of vodka every day you are an alcoholic. 2 glasses of wine. Nope.

Over time I’ve pretty much given up any vice I could say (or science says) was addictive. Cigarettes I gave up overnight. Had smoked for over 15 years. Was I ever addicted?

Like sex addicts. Most men I know like sex. None of them are in therapy for it. (That I know of)

Back
Top Bottom