Ivan Perišić

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Decent defender, but you can tell speedy wingers will cause him problems.

For the few opportunities he had in the final 3rd today, I thought he did well. If Son picks his head up, he probably would’ve scored his first goal today.

Just absolute top quality. Shame he’s 33 but just looking forward to enjoying watching his twilight years.

Hopefully he can improve sess because he still looks crap.

He had one good cross but I think he struggled generally. It will be an interesting battle between him and Sess, I think in most matches we will see one of them play for an hour before the other one comes on.
I'm a little concerned when we play teams with pacier wingers like Liverpool

Sess had Salah in his pocket last season. Can Perisic do the same?

He had one good cross but I think he struggled generally. It will be an interesting battle between him and Sess, I think in most matches we will see one of them play for an hour before the other one comes on.
I think it’s more about a partnership than a battle. Perisic is class and him and Sess can learn so much off him.

Great point - this seems to have been a key part of Conte’s tactics as a manager which makes it baffling why he’s picking that hunched, unBrazilian shuffler at RWB
its like he has a short memory, doc was on fire in our run in before he got injured. giving us goals and assists and being an absolute nightmare for teams down that right hand side with his box presence and overlaps of the wide forward. it is very strange.

its like he has a short memory, doc was on fire in our run in before he got injured. giving us goals and assists and being an absolute nightmare for teams down that right hand side with his box presence and overlaps of the wide forward. it is very strange.
To be fair he’s coming back from a serious injury so I can see why Royal started first PL game but been four weeks since then and he’s been average (which is as good as he gets). Whilst I agree with Dochertys upside, he’s still not the answer either

Nobody wants to see Doc in the team more than me but in the 12 games Royal has started since Doc got injured we are 7-4-1 with 6 clean sheets.
Draws Brentford, Liverpool, Chelsea, WHU.
Loss 1-0 Brighton.

You could see perisic was really frustrated when his last ball went right across the face of the goal and no one was there. Richarlison was the only one in the box and couldn’t be in 2 places at once.

We need Kane to actually get involved in the box. If city swapped, haaland for kane, they’d be way worse. Because they are actually using Haaland as a CF.

Kane is playing playmaker which is ok if there’s no one better but that leaves a gaping hole where the CF should be. Richarlison can do the job but he has to actually be on the pitch.

You could see perisic was really frustrated when his last ball went right across the face of the goal and no one was there. Richarlison was the only one in the box and couldn’t be in 2 places at once.

We need Kane to actually get involved in the box. If city swapped, haaland for kane, they’d be way worse. Because they are actually using Haaland as a CF.

Kane is playing playmaker which is ok if there’s no one better but that leaves a gaping hole where the CF should be. Richarlison can do the job but he has to actually be on the pitch.

If City had Kane a) they'd not have needed to switch their play up from recent seasons, b) Kane wouldn't need to drop as deep as he often is and c) he'd scored more goal that he does now.

.......One must wonder; will City score more goals overall this season or will Haaland just get most of what they do score?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom