Ivan Perišić

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great idea....... Any suggestions?
Vanderson (Monaco). Look like in the same category as Hakimi. I recalled we're linked with him for winter window, then Paul Mitchell picked him up. While not true 2 footed like Perisic, he can use his weaker foot to a decent level.

Didn't know anything about him back then until his move to Monaco. Now after seeing a few Monaco games, I believe he's gonna become one of the best RB. Right now he is around level when Hakimi first moved to Inter playing under Conte IMO. After Monaco missing out on CL (they lost their qualification game), perhaps he's available for sale for irresistible offer?

Back to Perisic, that's a great performance. Refreshing change from how our wing had declined for few years now. Son should be making run more central though. Son habit to move wide would drag more defender out wide, where he should in the box to attack crosses. Just create more space and trust Perisic to be able to deliver.

Last edited:
Good footballer, not often you get both footed footballers..
don't get me wrong EXTREMELY pleased to have him now, but Must have been some player when he had pace

What are you saying?

Last season he clocked higher speed then ANY of Spurs players.
"when he had pace"...

Ivan was absolutely BRILLIANT yesterday.
I was really rooting for him to shoot when he had set himself up so well. Conte did not seem happy that he did not go for the goal, so I assume he will get instructions to do so in coming games.

P.S lad has played 111 minutes and has created 2 assists with that time. One for the equalizer against Chelsea and winning goal against Wolves. Without those 2 we would sit on 3 points, now we have 7.
Wish we would have even half of that quality on opposite wing as well.

Could easily provide 15 assists this season, especially Kane must love playing with him. Can score a goal as well, class footballer and incredibly fit and pacey still for a 33 year old.

One of the best wing-backs in the league for sure.

Last edited:
What are you saying?

Last season he clocked higher speed then ANY of Spurs players.
"when he had pace"...

Ivan was absolutely BRILLIANT yesterday.
I was really rooting for him to shoot when he had set himself up so well. Conte did not seem happy that he did not go for the goal, so I assume he will get instructions to do so in coming games.

P.S lad has played 111 minutes and has created 2 assists with that time. One for the equalizer against Chelsea and winning goal against Wolves. Without those 2 we would sit on 3 points, now we have 7.
Wish we would have even half of that quality on opposite wing as well.
Spot on. He’s in fantastic shape…. Injuries are the only concern. Just don’t overplay him

Spot on. He’s in fantastic shape…. Injuries are the only concern. Just don’t overplay him
he done the smart thing by coming off when that donkey shithouse came on at the weekend. dont want perisic doing intense sprints over 25 yards too much, flirting with injury, especially when the direct opponent is quicker than him.

I am amazed and very impressed with Perisic's contribution so far. Seeing a footballer who is genuinely right and left footed is a rarity. I wonder if Conte might use him at RWB at times, particularly if Sess is performing well... Would be interested to hear others thoughts on this

His pin point accuracy crosses that he whips in with little to no effort, even when having next to no space are something else.

This is a player that will massively influence any cup finals we play in, the way he just started created chances all on his own is something we’ve needed for a very long time.
It’s a crying shame we couldn’t have gone balls deep for him when we bought regillon

Think I’m just gutted we’re only going to see 2 years of this quality

I am amazed and very impressed with Perisic's contribution so far. Seeing a footballer who is genuinely right and left footed is a rarity. I wonder if Conte might use him at RWB at times, particularly if Sess is performing well... Would be interested to hear others thoughts on this
Sess is going to need to be performing at a level way beyond his means for this to happen

He kind of had an odd game today.
Looked out of sorts for long stretches of time with a few blatant mistakes and then pops in with a few dangerous crosses.
Hopefully he's still just getting a feel for the team and players around him.

His service is so good, still think he’s catching up to the pace of the league and getting fit after injury. But he’s so experienced he doesn’t make mistakes.

He had one good cross but I think he struggled generally. It will be an interesting battle between him and Sess, I think in most matches we will see one of them play for an hour before the other one comes on.

Back
Top Bottom