Ivan Perišić

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good luck with winning the league there!

ss.png

View: https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1748298403610501554

Last edited:
I wonder how much of his wages they will actually cover?
Maybe it's all of it?? No purchase fee to find or amortise..........Means they pay in total £5m until his contract ends???

Hope it's all of it. With Kane, Lloris, Dier and now Perisic off the wage bill that's approx £650k-£700k per week off the wages bill (£36m per annum) + Not having Conte draining another £15m pa (Ange is probably on about £5m - that's the comp we had to pay Celtic) that's potentially a wage bill of £45m off the books.

I doubt Perisic is coming back, this is a loan with a definite view to a permanent move...

Shame , cos he was up there with Modric in terms of ability and experience... Just a shame we never really got to benefit from it (apart from the Liverpool game!)

Good luck Ivan...

Well, to clear up some aspects of this deal -

1) NO he WILL NOT COME BACK. Cause his deal with the club finishes at the same time as this loan. So that is it with him for Spurs. He signed 2 season deal in the beginning.

2) NO, Hajduk WILL NOT cover his salary. He is on more than 200 thEUR per week. Such club does not have funds for that. Most likely it is a deal when Ivan was willing to settle for like 50% salary that Spurs will pay, and he gets nothing from Haiduk for this half of the season. It was his desire to return there, that's why I believe he was willing to make that kind of an agreement (alternative would have been to stay with us and collect 100%). Similar to other Croatian star player Kalinic, who returned to Split to play for 1 EUR salary.

3) NO, this is not a miraculous recovery. It was always said that it is unlikely he would play again FOR US. But please, think about the league we play in... and league Haiduk plays in. Think of the level of competition within our side and Haiduk side. It is very possible that he wouldn't have been used by us to play in top-4-fight in EPL, while it is possible he can recover enough to play in Croatian league with Euro 2024 tournament in mind.

4) PLEASE do not forget that our future high-potential player Luka Vuskovic plays for (well, doesn't really play but is in their books) Haiduk. So we obviously want to get along well with them. And generally Croatia produces some sick talent - we were not winning much from Ivan sticking around, why not build some goodwill with them?

I think in the end everyone won from that. Ivan and his family can get back home (been there, sorry - vastly superior to London :D ), he can try to regain fitness in easier league, more likely to become ready for Euros. We saved SOME salary-money and hopefully built some goodwill :) .

Thank you Ivan for the time. Such an unfortunate injury, wish he had much bigger part to play under Ange. Retrospectively (knowing that Ange training will fuck up players) it might not have been best idea to keep him around for the season, but have to take risks.
Let's see how his and Vuskovic season continues, if they both could be in frame to play, I might consider going to watch them live. Split is such a magnificent city and Croatia such a beautiful country. Go see for yourself, highly recommended!

I reckon there's been a deal done to suit all sides.

Spurs are moving forward, he's out of contract and going in the summer anyway, we ain't going to be including him and pencilling him in to late season plans on the off chance he does recover in time, and so will let him go now. Gets at least some of his wages off the books.

Perisic I suspect is probably forgoing quite a bit of his salary (I can't see a Croatian team forking out much of what he has been earning), in return he's got the carrot of getting fit and playing some football this season and making the Euro's potentially, which wouldn't be available to him at Tottenham.

Hajduk probably paying a small portion of wages but can have a look at him to see how he recovers, and then benefit if he does and gets playing.

Good player I've always liked, only really got some crosses and corners out of him though and a shame we got him very late though when his legs were pretty gone (especially coming new to the PL). Bonkers that Conte thought a 34 year old wingback was a good idea really.

My guess is we negotiated a minor discount in his wage. Or Perisic loses some loyalty payments.
But who knows?
There's definitely no way we're footing the whole of his wages and letting him go, especially as he won't sign another contract, and we've already paid his wages in full since he was injured. We must have massive discount in wages. Likewise I suspect he'll earn more than €5 between now and June.

Back
Top Bottom