Injuries. WHY?!?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel like sometimes we are faster at getting players back with that blood spinning technique. Remember when Bale looked like he tore everything in his ankle against Basel last season and was back 2 matches later? Goddamn miracle if you ask me. Also Eriksen this season. Same sort of thing. Blood spinning and back in 3 weeks. I think some of the injuries are just quite shitty and we get #spursy when it comes to injuries.

Most profession players have identified (weaknesses) in their bodies and these should be identifed and specific training regimes designed so that they can strengthen and manage these (weak spots). Pre-season training concentrates on identifying and hopefully improving overall fitness, with the above identifed weaknesses managed throughout the season. A club like Spurs has no excuses regarding the calibre of their physios /trainers and unless players are not honest about their injuries. have no excuse whatsoever in desiging a successful the program to return the injured player back on the pitch sooner rather that later. If they cannot do that then hire someone else unless they are relatives of the Chairman of course!!

Most profession players have identified (weaknesses) in their bodies and these should be identifed and specific training regimes designed so that they can strengthen and manage these (weak spots). Pre-season training concentrates on identifying and hopefully improving overall fitness, with the above identifed weaknesses managed throughout the season. A club like Spurs has no excuses regarding the calibre of their physios /trainers and unless players are not honest about their injuries. have no excuse whatsoever in desiging a successful the program to return the injured player back on the pitch sooner rather that later. If they cannot do that then hire someone else unless they are relatives of the Chairman of course!!

I seem to recall we brought in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Verheijen to advise on such things for a while.

This is why we need a professional coach in. Some injuries are obvious and unavoidable such as Paulinho, Sandro,Townsend and Vertonghen .then There is a long list that does not make any sense..Holtby, Sigurdsson,Lamela and Defoe.
Dembele has a hip problem so he needs a special routine, Lennon often has hamstring problems but his training was improved.I do not see holtby and lamela as injury prone players.Muscle strains is not something they should be picking up in training.

Fuckin' hell... I'd say that's only 3 players (Naughton, Defoe, Siggy) off being pretty much full strength!

Apparently, the medical dept was a concern for AVB. From Jason Burt's article after AVB was sacked:
A pinch point arrived last May on Spurs’ post-season tour to the Bahamas which was also used as an opportunity for Villas-Boas, Levy and the club’s owner Joe Lewis, who lives on the islands, to meet. Top of the agenda was Bale’s future, with Villas-Boas urging the club to keep him for one more year – and add Hulk and Villa to create a new forward line. Villas-Boas wanted that evolution – not a revolution – at Spurs in the playing staff but was also pushing for off-the-pitch changes, including the hiring of Baldini and the overhaul of the medical department.
If he wanted an overhaul, I wonder just how bad the problem is.

I think we have had a bit of bad luck with injuries. However, I also think we could do better, and should do better, than we do with our injured players. They are often out longer than it seems players with similar injuries are out at other clubs, and more importantly, they seem to reoccur.

Out the people in the medical department!! Who are they??
Are they qualified and/or are they working from 1990s treatment material?
Get them to take some responsibility.
Show yourselves!!!!

Could it also be a case of club policy, whereby any little niggle or hurt picked up at any stage becomes cause (for whatever reason) to be placed on the injury list for monitoring or treatment, as a means to prevent the complaint potentially becoming something more serious later on? This, as opposed to a policy of "just facking run it off fella" or somesuch.

I think we have had a bit of bad luck with injuries. However, I also think we could do better, and should do better, than we do with our injured players. They are often out longer than it seems players with similar injuries are out at other clubs, and more importantly, they seem to reoccur.

A bit??? It's been over 20 years now! (I like to think Gazza started the modern 'trend' in the '91 Cup Final)
...our injury record hasn't quite been right since!

I think I found what kind of injury Lamela is currently suffering from, it seems to be a case of elephantiasis to his right thigh whereas his left thigh has shrunken into a stick. Poor lad.
BdYn1iqCMAAqxs5.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom