If Poch does go, who would you like to see next?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Arsene Wenger

tumblr_o1gqrcQZWf1si961ko1_400.gif

Just joking lads

Last edited:
If Poch leaves I might stop following football for a while. I can't see myself getting over the loss.

I love the guy and how he approaches football management. Most of it echos everything I think is the right approach. Train hard, work hard, be respectful, create a great team atmosphere, play ambitious, entertaining football, do not make excuses, be honest and brave and respectful when merting the press. He does most of it close to perfectly.

The guy is the ideal manager for me. If he goes, right now I can't be bothered to think who should replace him, as I think nobody could.

Love love love Poch and I want him to stay as long as possible.
He's been here for 4 years and improved the squad and every/most players within that time.
Do we want to go back to having 10 different managers in 12yrs.
NO
In Poch we trust.

This thread is bad ju ju.

Poch is our best manager since burkinshaw. I am still haunted by the tenures of ardiles, Francis, gross, pleat and Graham.

Yes he has much to learn but rather him than anyone else.

I was so annoyed after Saturday but genuinely believe we have the right manager in place. Our league positions in the last 3 seasons are proof of that.

From what I see poch needs to think differently about his subs in matches and needs to start sending out the right tones with regards to the domestic cups.

It’s also the best squad in decades, and a once in a generation opportunity to win trophies; Pochettino isn’t doing that.

The spine of the team is Lloris-Vertonghen-Dembele-Eriksen-Kane, all of whom pre-dated Pochettino; he’s inherited great players, players who Mourinho/Simeone would win titles with.

He’s failed to win the Premier League in the previous two season despite having the best team both years, and that team is now beginning to disband; coinciding with the Manc clubs’ respective revivals, the project is losing momentum and need fresh ideas to kick-start it. Otherwise, the likes of Eriksen and Kane will begin to lose faith and patience, and it’ll be back to where we were a decade ago.

Pochettino has thus far proven to be nothing more than a glorified youth coach - he’s 46 now, so no novice either. Most great coaches had already put some trophies in cabinets by that age.
You’re being a total ingrate. Poch has steadied a sinking ship and actually made us a competitive team. We’ve only looked like “the best team” of the last two years because of what he’s got out of them. Whether Levy got lucky or knew something the rest didn’t, we struck gold getting this guy as our manager. It’s fucking disgraceful how quick some people are to start claiming he’s not doing enough for us. Just you wait and see what happens when he’s not around any more. Do you really think we would get a Mourinho or Guardiola level manager if he leaves? No fucking chance. They couldn’t handle having a reduced budget.

Edit : Also, claiming that Mourinho would have won titles with the team that Poch inherited is also clearly fucking ridiculous. He has spent huge amounts just to try and get Man U to be competitive, and he hasn’t won the league with them yet. Ask a Utd fan whether they would swap him Poch, I think you’ll find many would.

Last edited:
I couldn’t care less about CL qualification...
If you were to try to identify the root cause of your problem with Pochettino, I think it would be these few words.

Whether we like it or not, developments like the evolution of the former European Cup for champions into a money-spinning Champions League competition for 'also-rans' (together with the winners of the glorified repechage round, the Europa League), has fundamentally changed the way clubs think. Revenue is now the be-all and end-all, with domestic cup success more an inconvenience than an ambition. It's become a rather tragic anti-sport in many ways, with some teams being backed by corrupt individuals and regimes whose primary aim is to elevate their status, not by winning anything meaningful, but by breaking the record transfer fee, or paying record wages. Take the Neymar transfer: was this really anything other than a €222 million advertisement for Qatar? And, you can be sure someone at the Bernabeu will be trying desperately to find a way to reinstate Real Madrid as 'transfer record' title holders. FFP, what FFP?

I guess my point is, if you start out targeting a seat at the top table, as our club does, then CL qualification is paramount. And if you, as a supporter, were to reevaluate the job Pochettino has done through this prism, it's hard to escape the conclusion he's done a fantastic job, in my view.

Back
Top Bottom