If Poch does go, who would you like to see next?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We don't need to fire Poch, we need to hire a psychologist to coach him & the players.

Enough of this mentally weak and negative bullshit. Also, enough of looking down on the Cups.

Did it not take 4 years for Drunk Sir Alex to win a trophy at Man Pooh ?

Given context I don’t feel panicked that Poch has not won anything in 4 years. Overall he’s done superb.

There are things he needs to iron out and this is a period of necessary reflection, but get Top 4. And get on with the job at hand. Sacking him / letting him walk off the back of the past week is absolutely not the answer. Obviously if he fucks up 4th then he has to go. That’s harsh but there would be no way back from that.
Ah, but you're conveniently forgetting that was in 1989-90... a full 2 years before football was invented!
The FA Cup was an Amateur Cup back then... piss easy to win, as WE proved a year later... which was STILL before Football was officially invented, so doesn't REALLY count!

Hmmm, not sure you are disagreeing with my point thought... I wasn't saying it was right or wrong but more who I felt it was aimed at. Perhaps he was also trying to deflect some pressure from the players and taking on more himself.

Sure I didn't like to hear it but i'm not going to like anything I hear after a loss, there were few positives to be taken from the game.

We have a better run in that Liverpool and Chelsea. I still feel confident 4th is ours to lose, other teams may or may not be feeling the pressure. Perhaps there is less pressure on those teams? For Chelsea Conte has already fallen on his sword so the players don't need to worry, Liverpool will be distracted quite rightly so by the CL... All eyes are on us as we know it means so much as without the CL money we can't compete. Chelsea, Liverpool and City will always attract players who want money...

well with the way we keep leads. it being ours to lose is a worry. potentially 2 point gap when we play watford next week

Why can't drop Sanchez?
why didnt poch go with a back 3 (dier, sanchez, jan) and dembele wanyama in the middle on saturday? thought toby would be in the back or at least dier. Why change the shape. We basically lost two goals from them coming in wide positions

why didnt poch go with a back 3 (dier, sanchez, jan) and dembele wanyama in the middle on saturday? thought toby would be in the back or at least dier. Why change the shape. We basically lost two goals from them coming in wide positions
I think poch did go with back 3 after 2-1 down when he took Davies off for Lamela.

well with the way we keep leads. it being ours to lose is a worry. potentially 2 point gap when we play watford next week

or eight but more than likely 2... thank god we've got the goal difference. I believe between us, Liverpool and Chelsea positional changes are likely. Liverpool could easily slip up against Stoke, Lambert knows anything but a win has them relegated so they will go all out, they are then followed by Chelsea...

Chelsea have Swansea next, if they lose they are within touching distance of the bottom 3.

No easy games this point of the season would rather it didn't go down to the wire but our run on paper looks easier.

If Pochettino wants to stay and carry on the project (and the company agrees), it is better not to change. If instead you have to change I recommend Simeone.

Great personality, international experience. He knows how to value young people and revitalize players in crisis. It does not make a spectacular game but its Atletico Madrid is difficult to deal with. I would like to Juventus if Allegri went away (I hope he stays).

Simeone has fought for years against Real & Barcelona without the same money.

He’s got a better squad than Liverpool, United and Chelsea - stop making excuses for Pochettino’s failure.

He had a better team than Leicester and Chelsea when they won the league ahead of him - the man is a loser, just accept it and stop trying to deflect from the reality that this team should be doing more, and probably would under a proper manager.

Fucking incredible how quick some fickle fuckers are to turn on the best manager we’ve had in decades. Some people need to be seriously careful what they wish for because the day Poch leaves, there is more chance of us sliding down than there is suddenly becoming world beaters.

59f5e843eb4a436b8cc1c6c3afa0f286.jpg

Why is it we are getting the shit for not beating a team who cost around 750 million and are the most successful in British football history?

Liverpool were knocked out rounds before us, have won naff all (yet) have finished below Spurs for 7 years out of the last 8 and yet Klippty Klopp still gets a reach around. I don’t get it. We have played 34 away games this year and yet are still top 4. Hardly a crisis is it ? Poch stays and we move on and up. Media love a Tottenham crisis don’t they ?

Fucking incredible how quick some fickle fuckers are to turn on the best manager we’ve had in decades. Some people need to be seriously careful what they wish for because the day Poch leaves, there is more chance of us sliding down than there is suddenly becoming world beaters.

It’s also the best squad in decades, and a once in a generation opportunity to win trophies; Pochettino isn’t doing that.

The spine of the team is Lloris-Vertonghen-Dembele-Eriksen-Kane, all of whom pre-dated Pochettino; he’s inherited great players, players who Mourinho/Simeone would win titles with.

He’s failed to win the Premier League in the previous two season despite having the best team both years, and that team is now beginning to disband; coinciding with the Manc clubs’ respective revivals, the project is losing momentum and need fresh ideas to kick-start it. Otherwise, the likes of Eriksen and Kane will begin to lose faith and patience, and it’ll be back to where we were a decade ago.

Pochettino has thus far proven to be nothing more than a glorified youth coach - he’s 46 now, so no novice either. Most great coaches had already put some trophies in cabinets by that age.

It’s also the best squad in decades, and a once in a generation opportunity to win trophies; Pochettino isn’t doing that.

The spine of the team is Lloris-Vertonghen-Dembele-Eriksen-Kane, all of whom pre-dated Pochettino; he’s inherited great players, players who Mourinho/Simeone would win titles with.

He’s failed to win the Premier League in the previous two season despite having the best team both years, and that team is now beginning to disband; coinciding with the Manc clubs’ respective revivals, the project is losing momentum and need fresh ideas to kick-start it. Otherwise, the likes of Eriksen and Kane will begin to lose faith and patience, and it’ll be back to where we were a decade ago.

Pochettino has thus far proven to be nothing more than a glorified youth coach - he’s 46 now, so no novice either. Most great coaches had already put some trophies in cabinets by that age.

I really wish we had pep as a manger, he has done so much for city on such a limited budget! :nawty:

what a cunt !

Fuck off, Gooner scum.

Back
Top Bottom