If Poch does go, who would you like to see next?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Poch leaves I might stop following football for a while. I can't see myself getting over the loss.

I love the guy and how he approaches football management. Most of it echos everything I think is the right approach. Train hard, work hard, be respectful, create a great team atmosphere, play ambitious, entertaining football, do not make excuses, be honest and brave and respectful when merting the press. He does most of it close to perfectly.

The guy is the ideal manager for me. If he goes, right now I can't be bothered to think who should replace him, as I think nobody could.

Replying just to keep echoing this sentiment. His departure would be a win for media bullshit and a huge loss to the spirit of the game.

Pochettino is not ready for the Madrid job and they won't gamble on a manager who has yet to show he can be a winner when it matters most.

I would give him 6 months.

However big we are we are not Madrid.

I know what you mean but fuck it I love the club more than I love Poch. The club matters more and whilst Poch's been perfect, you never know, next geezer may be even better.
Zidane a World Cup winner, a quietly tough man, manager of their B side at the time and a player who stars like Ramos, Ronaldo and co would have to respect.

Pochettino, a manager who is getting there but has fallen short.

Agree with this completely - at this point I’d gladly replace Pochettino with a proven winner; Zidane has even been mentioned, possibly nonsense but would be an obvious upgrade in terms of pedigree and prestige. People will point to the fact that he’s had a great squad and won at Real, but Poch has had a very good squad and failed to win.

Simeone and Conte have both managed to win honours with a similar/inferior depth of quality in the past 5 seasons - absolving Pochettino of any obligation to win because he doesn’t have infinite resources is moronic, especially when you acknowledge that while not an expensive to assemble squad, it’s a almost unprecedentedly valuable one.

The hero worship Pochettino gets here is identical to that Keegan received at Newcastle in the 90’s - it’s as if the fan base has a strange fetish for failure.

Contrary to the popular narrative, there is no evidence that Zidane can take a bunch of misfits and unproven young players and take them to the next level, like Poch has done. He is good at what he does - winning mainly cup competitions with a world class squad.

+ No sniff of la liga since he took over.

If the cryptic post match conference is anything to go by he may be gone at the end of the season. Who would you like to see as our next manager?
I think YOU should do the honours, and request this thread be *closed...

*at least until NEXT Summer, when you'll no doubt dredge it up again!

Agree with this completely - at this point I’d gladly replace Pochettino with a proven winner; Zidane has even been mentioned, possibly nonsense but would be an obvious upgrade in terms of pedigree and prestige. People will point to the fact that he’s had a great squad and won at Real, but Poch has had a very good squad and failed to win.

Simeone and Conte have both managed to win honours with a similar/inferior depth of quality in the past 5 seasons - absolving Pochettino of any obligation to win because he doesn’t have infinite resources is moronic, especially when you acknowledge that while not an expensive to assemble squad, it’s a almost unprecedentedly valuable one.

The hero worship Pochettino gets here is identical to that Keegan received at Newcastle in the 90’s - it’s as if the fan base has a strange fetish for failure.
You speak like a bitter Gooner...
Well ..... are you?

200w.webp

Back
Top Bottom