Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the same interview quoted above Hugo also opened up about if he would finish his career with us. To which he said "most likely not". He sees himself as having plenty of years left in him and is open about having an adventure in the states once he is done with us.

How long is his contract? Can we expect a change between the sticks in the near future or not you think?
Should be planning for he's replacement now tbh and need someone better playing with the ball

Embarrassing from our fucking club captain. Said it before and some ppl here criticized me for it but i'll keep saying it again, Hugo is simply not captain material. Motivation required at all times from the Captain whatever he thinks. Good goalie, but hes too negative to be a proper leader. About time to hand Kane the captaincy without doubt or even Jan/Toby.

I think he's an excellent keeper but I've always preferred the captain to be an outfield player. Kane should be captain, bottom line.

I think he's an excellent keeper but I've always preferred the captain to be an outfield player. Kane should be captain, bottom line.
Totally agree. For some reason I just cannot imagine a player getting a bollocking or a motivational talk from Hugo just before a game or at half time. I keep seeing (and hearing) Inspector Clouseau for some reason. I'd just piss myself laughing :roflmao:

"There are no players more important than the club. It is normal there were a lot of rumours because in the transfer window that happens. It happened to Tottenham, it happened to many clubs. But now the window has closed, all the players are focused and want to enjoy this season".

"They all want to give their best to enjoy another emotional moment this season."

"That's not the case for Tottenham. But as we saw last year, everything is possible if you have the belief, the talent and the discipline. Why not be back again? But obviously we have a different profile to that type of club – Juventus, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern. That type of club. It's
not a lack of ambition"

"When we go on the pitch, it's to win, whoever is the opponent in front of us. We don't want to look too far forward. Those type of things you can spend energy on and you can leave an accident. The best way is to focus on game one. Then game two. Then game three. Step-by-step to build your ambitions, as we did last season. The main thing is to go through this group stage."

Lloris often the more measured man in the Spurs squad, always willing to front up and talk after a defeat in a considered way, but does the captain ever scream and shout at his team-mates?

"Of course, many times, but I don't need to tell it. I grew up with this approach: everything that happens in the changing room has to
stay in the changing room," he said.

"Of course, now football changes a little bit and it's easy to find out what happens, but you guys don't know everything!"

Much was made of Trippier's description of the injured Harry Kane geeing up the troops in Ajax at half-time before their dramatic comeback and Lloris is only happy to share the responsibility, although he admits there was another couple of big voices that night.

"For me, it's important to give credit to all the players. Of course, I'm the captain. I have this responsibility but it's important for me to share with the other leaders," he said.

"It's not the responsibility of just one player. It's very good that when someone has something to say, he has to tell it. Like Harry did. I remember Danny did it too. I did.

"It's important in the changing room to tell the truth and I want the players to feel this freedom. This is how you can make the team better. But for this, you need to show on the pitch too. You cannot talk only in the changing if, on the pitch, you don't go the same way. Everything is connected."

It's a bit far fetched but I think we really lack a Sargent out there to get the boys pumped for it all. He leads by example and I'm sure he's a top bloke but where's the bloke telling Dele to get into their faces or the one geeing Kane on when you can see he's huffing and puffing. Hugo seems too distant and not vocal enough which leads me to my next question about Poch.

I watched Simeone tonight rattling his boys. If there's not a guy on the pitch to do it why isn't Poch getting that extra 10% out of them? He's got to be telling the, to start fights, getting crowds up for it, get the guts back in the squad. Is there anyone that is there right now that can do that? Million dollar question as I see a lot of professionals but no war winners.

Time for a Freund like character perhaps? Sometimes it's not about technique it's about character and I think Poch may need a man he can rely on to get the fires stoked.

It's a bit far fetched but I think we really lack a Sargent out there to get the boys pumped for it all. He leads by example and I'm sure he's a top bloke but where's the bloke telling Dele to get into their faces or the one geeing Kane on when you can see he's huffing and puffing. Hugo seems too distant and not vocal enough which leads me to my next question about Poch.

I watched Simeone tonight rattling his boys. If there's not a guy on the pitch to do it why isn't Poch getting that extra 10% out of them? He's got to be telling the, to start fights, getting crowds up for it, get the guts back in the squad. Is there anyone that is there right now that can do that? Million dollar question as I see a lot of professionals but no war winners.

Time for a Freund like character perhaps? Sometimes it's not about technique it's about character and I think Poch may need a man he can rely on to get the fires stoked.
That would be Lamela and Dier out of our current players. But looking at last night Lamela started on the bench and was brought on too late and Dier seems to be persona non grata.

Usually when we get real feisty its one of those two at the center of it.

Not pages slating him. It's not first time, it's not the last one. New keeper in the summer, move on.
Moronic post.

He's the best keeper in the world that we're able to get and keep.

Names of others? And how much would they cost? Which we can't spend where we need it a fuck more?

btw he's been getting a lot better with ball out of hand recently.

caught two interesting stats yesterday, via 5 live and sky sports news.

In his entire time with us in the premier league, Lloris has made 9 errors leading to a goal being conceded
in 2018-2019, last season, Allison made 9 errors leading to a goal being conceded (and got away with half a dozen

He makes miatakes but the guy has the reflexes of a panther. He's saved our arses many many more times than he's cost us points. In his current form there's no-one else I want. Viva Captain Hugo!

Back
Top Bottom