Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Although this is terrible and most unexpected from Hugo especially, there is context before we all bash and vilify him. Was 3 times over the limit? Just over? Did he have a glass of wine and a shandy on an empty stomach?

Yes drink drive is a aberrant thing to do and people are easily killed by drink drivers, thankfully no was in this scenario. Its even worse when someone like him who could easily afford a taxi, but all thats been released is the basic facts and we'll likely not hear anything more anyway.

He'll get reprimanded by the club and he should be, maybe loose the captains armband and miss a game, after that move on.

All of that to say I'm immensely disappointed in him and want to see Vorm for about the next month. Hand Harry the arm band for the rest of the season.
If he's found guilty he'll be rightly and suitably punished by the law of the land.
Putting Vorm in goal risks punishing the club and the fans too. I'd rather see Kane in goal than Vorm after his FA cup shambles.
No, Hugo needs to play. We shouldn't pre-judge a court of law. In fact we have no right to pre-judge a court of law

Oh dear Hugo, in for a tough time here pal.

...C'est la vie. No sympathy. You're minted. Get a cab you fuckin tool! (Hugo that is, not you!)

More concerned about the continued spotlight on us. Could REALLY do without this shit right now. Last person I thought we'd be reading bad press about tho'. Even if it's just in the name of PR(*), I think he needs to drop the arm-band.

(*The deeper hierarchy of the dressing room won't suddenly change overnight.)

Gutted. I love Hugo, but people who drink drive total dickheads because they risk killing or harming others. If you're rich it's even harder to comprehend. He's not even in his twenties any more so can't put it down to a lack of experience. Real shame he's dented his image.

If he's found guilty he'll be rightly and suitably punished by the law of the land.
Putting Vorm in goal risks punishing the club and the fans too. I'd rather see Kane in goal than Vorm after his FA cup shambles.
No, Hugo needs to play. We shouldn't pre-judge a court of law. In fact we have no right to pre-judge a court of law
A couple of points from a football match are hardly of equivalent importance to endangering the lives and welfare of the public. Is he contending that he's innocent? No, he's admitted his actions. Put him in the stands for a while.

In that they're both private individuals and not officeholders, what they do outside of the ground should have no consideration in their selection for the team. With media pumping their moralist BS in the background to stir a fuss.

Drink-driving. for all we know he had 2 pints not a bottle of Vodka.
Do you actually understand how silly you sound? God I hope you're a spammer or Woolwich fan posing as a spurs fan.

A couple of points from a football match are hardly of equivalent importance to endangering the lives and welfare of the public. Is he contending that he's innocent? No, he's admitted his actions. Put him in the stands for a while.
Yeah lets punish the club and the fans because of this, what is putting him in the stands going to achieve? He will be rightly punished by the law and I assume a fine from the club, that's enough, he didn't kill or rape anyone and we have no idea how over the limit he actually was (yes that's important).

Damn, gutted about this and pretty confused as to what should happen next. Hugo was the last person I thought we'd have to worry about with something like this. Glad I'm not the one making the decision. This season is just one setback after another littered with bad news. Hopefully it unites the team instead of letting it affect our form. COYS!!

Is there anything more insufferable than that "Last Word on Spurs" Twitter page, run by Ricky Sacks I believe? He's straight in there with his stupid cringy jokes about the subject.
Just fucking leave it off mate....

Just reaffirms what I already thought about fuckers like this. Social-media cred and attention more important to them than the club.

Yeah lets punish the club and the fans because of this, what is putting him in the stands going to achieve? He will be rightly punished by the law and I assume a fine from the club, that's enough, he didn't kill or rape anyone and we have no idea how over the limit he actually was (yes that's important).

Drink drive limits are so low that anything more than a pint or a glass of wine is asking for trouble (presumably purposefully so as to deter it all together); over the limit is over the limit. PERIOD.

That fact that money is largely no object to a player only underlines the stupidity. Get a cab FFS.

I think we need to remember that "drink driving" is vague. Hugo could have been 1% over the limit or absolutely plastered.

I'm sure many of you have had a few pints and then waited an hour, two, for your blood alcohol level to go down before driving home.

It's a mistake, but how big a mistake is hard to judge.

I think we need to remember that "drink driving" is vague. Hugo could have been 1% over the limit or absolutely plastered.

I'm sure many of you have had a few pints and then waited an hour, two, for your blood alcohol level to go down before driving home.

It's a mistake, but how big a mistake is hard to judge.
Disagree with the second part but agree (to an extent) with the first. I do worry that being pulled over at 2 am is a bad sign regarding how far over the limit he was.

In that they're both private individuals and not officeholders, what they do outside of the ground should have no consideration in their selection for the team. With media pumping their moralist BS in the background to stir a fuss.

Drink-driving. for all we know he had 2 pints not a bottle of Vodka.

"Moralist BS"? Come on, it's not exactly some extreme SJW campaign against free speech we're talking about, it's drink driving. Which unlike getting a tattoo is illegal because it can kill people (yes, even if you've "only" had two pints - being just at the drink-drive limit makes you six times more likely to kill someone than if you hadn't drunk anything). When you're lucky enough to have a job like Hugo does, part of that involves sending the right message off the pitch too, acting responsibly and being a good role model. On this occasion he's failed that, badly.

Expect him to lose the captaincy, get a fine of a few weeks wages and still be playing against United.

And then be out doing a lot more for the foundation warning about dangers of drink driving.

And the Metropolitan police will deal with the rest of it. Sad times for Hugo. But we all make mistakes.
Hope it doesn’t come out he was way over the limit.

You need to do some research mate about the consequences of video piracy and the drug trade if you belive that no one gets hurt by it other than the end user.

Who's in danger when I do a few cheeky downloads on soulseek? ...I'm sure somewhere in the world the dodgy DVD-trade may still be a thing, but piracy isn't the kind of racket it used to be.

I've been known to do a little gardening too.

I get where you're coming from, but they're not mutually exclusive, fella.

You need to do some research mate about the consequences of video piracy and the drug trade if you belive that no one gets hurt by it other than the end user.

Interested to know exactly how downloading films off of bit torrent is funding the drug trade?

If anything it’s reducing the money to the drug trade, as people who are downloading for free are not paying for dodgy copies elsewhere!

Thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, last person in the world I would have thought would bring disrepute on himself and the club in such a fashion. At least he apologised and took full responsibility for his actions. Let's now see if he is a man of some integrity and take whatever punishment is meted out by the club and the authorities. Don't envy Poch in having to deal with though, but trust him to do the right thing. Ironically enough, Poch cracked a joke about him not being able to tell Hugo what to do, now that he was a World Cup winner.... that's come back to bite him. We need this like a hole in the head, if things come in threes, hopefully that's the end of it.

Back
Top Bottom