Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am pretty sure there will be an internal code of conduct in place and the level of punishment will be in line with what is within that CoC.

Drink driving can’t be condoned. It’s irresponsible. But the wider reality is that there is a lot of variables that make the offence one you can understand as opposed to one you must condone without any compassion. Best to wait and see what the wider circumstances were before we say much more.

Whatever the circumstances he will have a problem in the dressing room and on every terrace he plays in front of this coming season, after winning and captaining the World Cup winners that’s an awful fall from grace.

However, Marcos Alonso he’s not. And that cunt thrives. But he’s not that only because of good fortune.

Can everyone jumping on their high horses honestly say they've not driven while on the 2 pint borderline?

Getting in a car paralytic and wrapping it round a lamppost is one thing, being marginally over the limit after a second glass of wine with a meal is another. It's still silly and a high profile sportsman should really be operating "none for the road"... but i will reserve judgement until more info is released (if ever).
You are right, if Kane had one it or even Poch himself, people would find it teeny weeny bit easier to forgive. Somehow Jesus would appear in their hearts to forgive and forget.

Having said that, disgusting behaviour from Lloris. Other peoples lives should never have to be in danger because some idiot drinks and drives.

He needs to be fined at the very least (and possibly dropped if we are being totally honest).
True. Dropping him though doesnt help anyone. But the club does need to make a stand and take captaincy away. There has to be some message from the club that this is inexcusable behaviour. But then we had convicted racist Jonathan woodgate at the club after his conviction...

Shouldn't have done it, but did. For me it comes down to how much over the limit he was - if he was plastered then he should be punished by the club, but if he was only a little over then the public humiliation and damage to his reputation is sufficient. We all make mistakes.

I feel that I should have qualified my earlier statements suggesting the possible withdrawal of captaincy with (if he's found guilty and the level of severity of the crime). I honestly thought that went without saying, but clearly not! Obviously if hes not found guilty then of course he shouldn't be dropped etc, or if it was a menial amount over the limit...
If he is found guilty, and was severely over the limit, then I stand by my statement that he should lose the captaincy. Until the case is decided though, he should retain it.
I also stand by my comment that it's very possible he won't be mentally ready for the United game. Those of you who disagreed with that previously, can frankly polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake.

:dembelefingers:

Until all the facts are known, such as how much the reading was then theorizing about what the punishment should be be is just that theorizing!

True. Dropping him though doesnt help anyone. But the club does need to make a stand and take captaincy away. There has to be some message from the club that this is inexcusable behaviour. But then we had convicted racist Jonathan woodgate at the club after his conviction...

Woodgate was convicted of rape?

Edit: Misread the post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom