Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Impressive. How's his distribution 'cos we've been there already.
Also top class. He's probably the next World's best. Bayern are interested, but they want to extend Neuer's contract. At 23, surely the chance to come and play as first choice in the big boy's league appeals to him.

I’d be getting Vorm back for the remainder of the season as second choice, he’s competent, knows the club and has a good ethic. Of course it would be a “same old face” but needs must. The guy is available after all.

Anyone know if the emergency loan rule for keepers still applies ? Or is that only for next year when we are in the Championship ? :)

is he still a free agent? If so get him in sharpish for cover until January then go out and buy a long-term replacement. Lloris has been loyal, I feel the club have also supported him through his troubles and poor runs of form. For me playing out from the back is modern football which he isn't able to do. I would also have the goalkeeping coach in my office asking "why the fuck aren't you working on his ball and passing skills?"

is he still a free agent? If so get him in sharpish for cover until January then go out and buy a long-term replacement. Lloris has been loyal, I feel the club have also supported him through his troubles and poor runs of form. For me playing out from the back is modern football which he isn't able to do. I would also have the goalkeeping coach in my office asking "why the fuck aren't you working on his ball and passing skills?"
agree with everything you say here, but 1 thing you missed off why hasn't Hugo got a coach to help him with his footwork & kicking, its easy to blame the coaches (and right to blame them) but the player has to want to improve as well

Would they let him go though?
Perhaps in the summer if he really wants the move, contract until 2022, will probably cost something like £30m, but he could easily perform on top level for the next 12 years (as I said, only 23).

Last year Bayern were interested as well after his impressive Champions League campaign.

Last edited:
Perhaps in the summer if he really wants the move, contract until 2022, will probably cost something like £30m, but he could easily perform on top level for the next 12 years (as I said, only 23).

Last year Bayern were interested as well after his impressive Champions League campaign.

Levy is not going to sanction £30M for an-up and coming keeper. You say he can easily perform at the highest level for the next 12 years but I suspect the reality is the best you’ll get out of multi million pound contract “kids” is five years - so he’ll be done at 28.

I’d like to se him here though :pochsmirk:

Levy is not going to sanction £30M for an-up and coming keeper. You say he can easily perform at the highest level for the next 12 years but I suspect the reality is the best you’ll get out of multi million pound contract “kids” is five years - so he’ll be done at 28.

I’d like to se him here though :pochsmirk:
Probably makes too much sense for the bald fucker. :llorishowudoin:

Don’t have too many drams tonight:
especially while posting. :pochrolleyes:
tenor.gif

agree with everything you say here, but 1 thing you missed off why hasn't Hugo got a coach to help him with his footwork & kicking, its easy to blame the coaches (and right to blame them) but the player has to want to improve as well

it's beyond bizarre... weakest part of his game. Stop the shot stopping training for a few days and get that footwork under control. Also there must be time after training to work on this. He could even work on keep ups in his garden which would help... just don't get it. But it's like the CE corners. Put the people models in different places in the box and practice getting the ball over them

I’d be getting Vorm back for the remainder of the season as second choice, he’s competent, knows the club and has a good ethic. Of course it would be a “same old face” but needs must. The guy is available after all.

Anyone know if the emergency loan rule for keepers still applies ? Or is that only for next year when we are in the Championship ? :)

mate, Vorm is dodgy as fuck.

Back
Top Bottom