Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did you know that Hugo Lloris has now made nine errors leading to goals in the Premier League since the start of the 2016/17 season, only Asmir Begović has made more (10).

That's indicative of an issue with mentality and he's our CAPTAIN, I mean he even made a massive fuck up for France in the WC final.
9 (10 now)in his entire league career with us, according to 5 live during the Southampton game. Allison managed 9 last season

I've said why, he is back tracking and clearly unaware of where he is. He attempts to catch the ball when under the bar he could have tapped it over. But it's what he does with his left leg is totally curious. He goes to land on it, then tries to reposition it while still in the air. He misses landing on it, drops the ball and both the goal and injury are a result of this.

It's not a miss hit cross, perhaps it could be classed as an overhit cross. The way a cross from the left with a right foot comes in should be driven hard, little over head height, started outside the back post and curling inside the post creating a corridor of uncertainty for a goalkeeper and difficulties for defenders.

Hugo lost his bearings, made a stupid decision and both us and Hugo paid the price.

Preece is full of shit, because Hugo didn't have far to move and it was how he dealt with what he had to do determined the outcome.
Cheers fella.

The one part of that which I too thought odd was the distance involved, that being the distance from the goal-line and his starting position and I'd agree it would appear only a couple of steps or so to make and given the ball has to come from distance it's fair to say the time might be there to reposition. However, feel that Preece was perhaps making allounce for this by saying the cross was miss-hit and therefore perhaps making it difficult to read or react to???

I am not second guessing the levels of pain, I myself have had a dislocated elbow, my wifes sister has had her elbow dislocated about 5 times in her life, never seen her taken to a hospital on morphine and on a stretcher, that would be an absolute waste of NHS resources, don't you think?

I myself have had it like I said as well, it was painful as fuck, not denying that but I drove myself to the hospital when it happened, I didn't have a team of paramedics babysitting me.

But it would make sense to use a stretcher for those injuries you describe because they impair your ability to walk, at the very least you would need someone to help you, just like Kane did, Pain tolerance isn't an individual thing, people don't have higher/lower levels of it, it's a mentality thing, it's not about what "hurts more" of course certain things will hurt more than others, it's about HOW YOU DEAL WITH THE PAIN, that's my point.
5 times? What does she do, wank horses off for a living?

Does a dislocated elbow impair your ability to walk as a human being?

If he goes in to shock while walking off and injures himself further, maybe keeping himself out for longer, would that make you proud? Maybe if he collapsed, split his face open and has blood pouring out everywhere you could get a picture of it and put in on a t-shirt as a captain you could be proud of!

Personally, I don't know what the fuck Hugo's footwork was all about. He goes to land on his left foot, he for some reason misses landing on that foot and that puts him off balance resulting in him dropping the ball and landing and injuring himself. It really is a MH370 mystery what he was trying to do.

I think he realises that if he lands on his left leg it will be directly under him and he'll fall, so he tried to reposition in the air yet fell anyway.

I think he realises that if he lands on his left leg it will be directly under him and he'll fall, so he tried to reposition in the air yet fell anyway.
I actually think it's a mental thing where he didn't want to land behind the line and almost tried to reposition himself with his feet in front of the goal line. It's a split second thing and I reckon if Hugo could do it again he would either push it over the bar or land with one foot, maybe both behind the line but with his arms fully outstretched in front of him.

I actually think it's a mental thing where he didn't want to land behind the line and almost tried to reposition himself with his feet in front of the goal line. It's a split second thing and I reckon if Hugo could do it again he would either push it over the bar or land with one foot, maybe both behind the line but with his arms fully outstretched in front of him.

Yeah, he definitely didn't seem to know where his line was until he went over it. Either way, without his feet positioned properly catching the ball was never an option, my first thought would be to punch it clear.

What a truly shit 10 days for us... the Southampton result was a mere one off!

...and to think, I thought we'd carry on where we left off last season after Man City away... in some respects, we have!

Lloris is still one of the best pure shot-stoppers in the league but his decision making has really gone downhill the past 2 seasons. Just bizarre that he doesn't tip it over the bar.

I've been advocating looking for a replacement for a while his shot stopping is great but for me he fucks up way to much to be a top top keeper. Problem is who's better then him we could get?

Back
Top Bottom