Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It doesn't offend me mate. It just makes you look totally stupid.

You do realise he didn't call for a stretcher like ordering a bag of peanuts! This is the assessment of the medical team and there were many of them there in attendance, sounds to me like you should be venting towards them, the ones who have the responsibility of the players' welfare in their hands.

He could have refused the stretcher, Kane didn't need one did he? Far worse injury as well, unless of course his arm prevented him from walking?

What I am saying is I am sick of players with weak mentalities playing for this club, that's the issue here overall, I miss players that would not roll over and give up at the first sign of the shit hitting the fan, that's the wider issue, the reality is Lloris isn't the only one who has that sort of mentality in this team.

Not sure who is their designated defensive/attacking coach but it's common sense they have a coach that focuses more on the defensive side and one that focuses more on the attacking side. I somehow doubt John Terry is telling Wesley how to go around a keeper in a 1 on 1 situation.

So going by what you've said....you have no opinion as to whether or not Lloris was to blame the week before with the Danny Ings goal against Southampton?
Highly likely that if Wesley has an ounce of brain cell to his name that he is spending time with Terry and asking him what he found most difficult to defend against in an effort to become a better attacker.?!

"in this case" I wrote. When it comes to 'keeper positioning I genuinely haven't got a clue and so too does everyone who's never played in goal before.

He could have refused the stretcher, Kane didn't need one did he? Far worse injury as well, unless of course his arm prevented him from walking?

What I am saying is I am sick of players with weak mentalities playing for this club, that's the issue here overall, I miss players that would not roll over and give up at the first sign of the shit hitting the fan, that's the wider issue, the reality is Lloris isn't the only one who has that sort of mentality in this team.
You are, as many others have said, talking out of your arse!

2nd guessing levels of pain experienced by someone else's injury based on no prior experience of said injury is embarrassing.

I've broken a leg and I've ruptured my ACL & MCL, seeing you are self-certified Dr. Pain please tell me what one was the most painful to me and why?

The same lloris that refused to come off at Everton when he was knocked out?

The guy was in pain, a dislocation of the elbow is bloody painful and some think he's a pussy? Ffs

It's a dislocated elbow...I honestly can't believe people think it's normal to be stretched off and taken to a hospital with a bunch of paramedics and given oxygen and morphine for something like that, my fucking god, it's embarrassing, truly embarrassing.

Not bothering with this anymore because people will never change my mind over this, it's weak, players these days are soft, thinking they get underpaid and overworked etc, thank god these people didn't fight on the beaches.

We can argue all day long about the pain or not the bloke was under.

Pochettino or whoever needs to move him on.

Hard to get a better shot stopper on his day but we need greater reliability and s change of captain.

It's a dislocated elbow...I honestly can't believe people think it's normal to be stretched off and taken to a hospital with a bunch of paramedics and given oxygen and morphine for something like that, my fucking god, it's embarrassing, truly embarrassing.

Not bothering with this anymore because people will never change my mind over this, it's weak, players these days are soft, thinking they get underpaid and overworked etc, thank god these people didn't fight on the beaches.
You need to remember that it's not hugos decision, he was in the care of the medical team who took the appropriate course of action. The dislocation was probably only diagnosed once he was off the pitch.

You are, as many others have said, talking out of your arse!

2nd guessing levels of pain experienced by someone else's injury based on no prior experience of said injury is embarrassing.

I've broken a leg and I've ruptured my ACL & MCL, seeing you are self-certified Dr. Pain please tell me what one was the most painful to me and why?

I am not second guessing the levels of pain, I myself have had a dislocated elbow, my wifes sister has had her elbow dislocated about 5 times in her life, never seen her taken to a hospital on morphine and on a stretcher, that would be an absolute waste of NHS resources, don't you think?

I myself have had it like I said as well, it was painful as fuck, not denying that but I drove myself to the hospital when it happened, I didn't have a team of paramedics babysitting me.

But it would make sense to use a stretcher for those injuries you describe because they impair your ability to walk, at the very least you would need someone to help you, just like Kane did, Pain tolerance isn't an individual thing, people don't have higher/lower levels of it, it's a mentality thing, it's not about what "hurts more" of course certain things will hurt more than others, it's about HOW YOU DEAL WITH THE PAIN, that's my point.

You need to remember that it's not hugos decision, he was in the care of the medical team who took the appropriate course of action. The dislocation was probably only diagnosed once he was off the pitch.
There may still be further damage to his ligaments that only a scan will show and this can only be performed once any swelling goes down.

...nobody said that Lloris should have continued on and at the time people thought it was a genuinely serious injury so they understood why he was on a stretcher.
If Lloris doesn't have the sack to walk off the pitch after he dislocates his elbow, I don't want him as my captain, sorry if that offends you mate, seems like a lot of projection in here from people who are just as soft and they are getting upset about it.
It doesn't offend me mate. It just makes you look totally stupid.

You do realise he didn't call for a stretcher like ordering a bag of peanuts! This is the assessment of the medical team and there were many of them there in attendance, sounds to me like you should be venting towards them, the ones who have the responsibility of the players' welfare in their hands.
The same Lloris who continued with concussion away at Everton a few seasons back.... our medics/coaching staff got into serious trouble that day for putting the safety and welfare of a player (THAT VERY SAME PLAYER), at risk...

No WONDER they excersised some caution this time!!

You're right mate, should have airlifted him out of the stadium as a precaution, can't be too careful with these things...
I wanna know at what point you're prepared to acknowledge that a dislocated elbow is not only fucking painful, but fucking SERIOUS for someone whose job and livelihood DEPENDS on their arms/hands!!

What did you want him to do... ? To walk off doing a Bruce Grobelaar handstand?

The same Lloris who continued with concussion away at Everton a few seasons back.... our medics/coaching staff got into serious trouble that day for putting the safety and welfare of a player (THAT VERY SAME PLAYER), at risk...

No WONDER they excersised some caution this time!!

So why didn't the apply the same logic to Kanes injury then? Sorry mate, makes no sense. Also, often when people have a concussion they don't even realise it, look at Jan not so long ago, he was "fine" to play on and then he started vomiting, turns out he didn't have concussion either though.

I wanna know at what point you're prepared to acknowledge that a dislocated elbow is not only fucking painful, but fucking SERIOUS for someone whose job and livelihood DEPENDS on their arms/hands!!

What did you want him to do... ? To walk off doing a Bruce Grobelaar handstand?
He could have at least waved to the crowd. Not with both hands, obviously...

When it comes to Goal Keepers I listen to him and what he has to say. Outfield players no fuck all about how to play in goal, positioning etc on account that he was a 'keeper I think he knows more than most gobby shite ex-pros.

There aren't any/enough ex-keepers that comment in the game which is why it's important to listen and learn from them. He thinks you are wrong, given your relative backgrounds on the subject matter excuse me for siding with an infinitely more qualified option.
Mate I'm a qualified Goalkeeping coach and it was a keeper error.

Personally, I don't know what the fuck Hugo's footwork was all about. He goes to land on his left foot, he for some reason misses landing on that foot and that puts him off balance resulting in him dropping the ball and landing and injuring himself. It really is a MH370 mystery what he was trying to do.

Back
Top Bottom