Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So... you send me a message and immediately turn off the thread so I can't reply?! 🤦‍♂️

You're an idiot, now fuck off. :dembelefingers:
I’ve never initiated a message in all the time I’ve been on here, I thought the option that I clicked made it private between us as opposed to ‘public’ given the topic, it’s contents of a personal nature that’s quite understandable I think. Clearly that’s not the case but here you are getting personal again. Something not right about you but will give you the chance to explain nonetheless.l by resetting the message.

I’ve never initiated a message in all the time I’ve been on here, I thought the option that I clicked made it private between us as opposed to ‘public’ given the topic, it’s contents of a personal nature that’s quite understandable I think. Clearly that’s not the case but here you are getting personal again. Something not right about you but will give you the chance to explain nonetheless.l by resetting the message.
You sent me a message, now you claim you didn't? Fucking liar.

Look... you're a fucking scumbag, that is there for all to see. I won't be interacting with you again.

You sent me a message, now you claim you didn't? Fucking liar.

Look... you're a fucking scumbag, that is there for all to see. I won't be interacting with you again.
The message I have sent you was the first message I have ever sent to anyone!!! I wasn’t aware that I had locked it or what that meant. I’ve now unlocked it.
Do what the fuck your want now, I’ve now unlocked it, so reply don’t reply, it’s up to you.

Looks pretty good for someone who looked like he was going to die on the pitch 2 weeks ago.

Some people can handle pain better than others, look at Tommy Makinson in last weekend's Superleague grand final, dislocated his shoulder 2 minutes into the second half, popped it back in place on the pitch and played on for another 38 minutes.

But a goalkeeper with a dislocation is an automatic no-no. Forgetting the pain in the actual joint, there's the mindset of a keeper knowing part of him isn't 100% and having to use that joint and possibly landing on it again.

Maybe Hugo wasn't the warrior we want him to be, but he definitely wasn't able to continue.

The mistake he made leading to the goal and injury....well that's an entirely different matter.

Some people can handle pain better than others, look at Tommy Makinson in last weekend's Superleague grand final, dislocated his shoulder 2 minutes into the second half, popped it back in place on the pitch and played on for another 38 minutes.

But a goalkeeper with a dislocation is an automatic no-no. Forgetting the pain in the actual joint, there's the mindset of a keeper knowing part of him isn't 100% and having to use that joint and possibly landing on it again.

Maybe Hugo wasn't the warrior we want him to be, but he definitely wasn't able to continue.

The mistake he made leading to the goal and injury....well that's an entirely different matter.

Dislocations are also not all the same, depending on the damage a dislocated elbow can be one of the most painful things you can experience. If Tommy Makinson was able to continue after dislocating his shoulder, definitely not the same magnitude of injury. After I dislocated my elbow, I was unable to do anything with that arm for weeks. Couldn't pick up anything, hurt to move the joint at all (couldn't even straighten my arm), took me ages to put on a shirt in the morning. You can see in the video that Hugo also is holding his left arm at an awkward angle, probably can't even move the joint that much at all.

Dislocations are also not all the same, depending on the damage a dislocated elbow can be one of the most painful things you can experience. If Tommy Makinson was able to continue after dislocating his shoulder, definitely not the same magnitude of injury. After I dislocated my elbow, I was unable to do anything with that arm for weeks. Couldn't pick up anything, hurt to move the joint at all (couldn't even straighten my arm), took me ages to put on a shirt in the morning. You can see in the video that Hugo also is holding his left arm at an awkward angle, probably can't even move the joint that much at all.
In fairness Rugby League players are probably the toughest athletes in the World.

EHag073WkAYiyom

In fairness Rugby League players are probably the toughest athletes in the World.
Change the word League for Union and this Welshman will agree with you ;) :thumbup: Although since living in Ireland I have to say that for a totally amateur sport, I have never witnessed anything more physically demanding or skilful than hurling. How these men are willing to put their bodies on the line for a game they quite simply love and receive no financial remuneration for playing is testament to the definition of True Sport. I have nothing but admiration and respect for all of them. Last of the gladiators who play the big finals at Croke Park, Dublin in front of a capacity audience of 82,300.
Although at times (like rugby) it can get a bit 'rowdy'. ;)

Enjoy.....

Change the word League for Union and this Welshman will agree with you ;) :thumbup: Although since living in Ireland I have to say that for a totally amateur sport, I have never witnessed anything more physically demanding or skilful than hurling. How these men are willing to put their bodies on the line for a game they quite simply love and receive no financial remuneration for playing is testament to the definition of True Sport. I have nothing but admiration and respect for all of them. Last of the gladiators who play the big finals at Croke Park, Dublin in front of a capacity audience of 82,300.
Although at times (like rugby) it can get a bit 'rowdy'. ;)

Enjoy.....

Sorry mate, can't endorse a game that my sort aren't allowed to play.

Speaking of the Union/League debate, did you enjoy Gareth Thomas' League debut. Think this was his first touch

Like with most rugby things, I assume “loose forward” is a term in the gay community that I’ll never really fathom.

But well done to the lad for inserting his knee back in the channel (wait, is that also a thing??? Fuck).

Sounds like he'll be out for longer and that surgery was required to do what natural healing couldn't. I wonder if this will see Gazzaniga oushnhimself ahead or if a certain Ajax goalkeeper might get fastracked if we are keen?
Surely Ajax are not going to sell Onana mid season? If Hugo is out long term I think we will soldier on with Gazza for the season since we have brought Vorm back home as cover. And move for Onana/Nübel/Whoever in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom