Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agent Lloris just took himself out of the transfer market
You see Real, it is De Gea who is the best goalkeeper in England.
:levyeyes:

tenor.gif

Meh, he does it for Spurs nearly every week. Luckily, it usually doesn't result in a goal.

Though funnily enough, it did against Leicester last month when he gave the ball away.

That's absolutely embarrassing from Lloris. There is a reason he's with us and not one of the elite. That's the reason.
he's a better keeper than Ter stegen. he's a better keeper than Navas. Better than Cillisen. Madrid and Barca are fairly elite.
The reason he aint with one of the elite is because they prefer to spunk their cash on midfielders and attackers.

Even the great Pat Jennings made howlers in his career, name me a keeper that hasn't. The problem with keepers is that when they make a mistake, it usually leads to a goal, as they are the last line of defense. A striker can miss a hatful in a game but if he scores one and his team win, no-one remembers the misses. That's the way the cookie crumbles.
PS Mind you, when Hugo does get it wrong, it is pretty spectacular.
PPS If he's gonna screw up, I'd rather he did it for France than for us - get it out of your system Hugo

Lol one mistake and "he's fucking shit". Neuer has made a shitload of howlers too, as has de gea, cech, buffon... It happens. Yesterday, gabriel jesus and willian both missed unmissable shots but because their team didn't concede there was less noise about it. I don't hear people saying their shit because of it. Shows how hard it is for defenders and goalkeepers, one mistake and your reputation cops a bollocking but if an attacking player fucks up it's alright.

Don't see why people is arguing with Totti. He's not saying Lloris is shit, he's saying his kicking is. It is true that Lloris has far too many passes like the ome against Sweden per season. Luckily we rarely concede to it. More often than not those mistakes, imo, seems to come in big games.

He's still, even with those mistakes, the best keeper in the league, and we're were we're at (best team in the league over the last two seasons) much thanks to him. And I believe, like Totti, that those mistakes are why we've not been much bothered by richer clubs trying to snag him.

Don't see why people is arguing with Totti. He's not saying Lloris is shit, he's saying his kicking is. It is true that Lloris has far too many passes like the ome against Sweden per season. Luckily we rarely concede to it. More often than not those mistakes, imo, seems to come in big games.

He's still, even with those mistakes, the best keeper in the league, and we're were we're at (best team in the league over the last two seasons) much thanks to him. And I believe, like Totti, that those mistakes are why we've not been much bothered by richer clubs trying to snag him.
We play out from the back, probably the best at doing so in the League. The more you do it the more likely a mistake will result at some point. It has happened rarely before, in fact so rarely I can almost name them, Navas goal vs Citeh and errrm........To go through all the passing numbers would be a bore but I'd guess few goalkeepers have as many touches of the ball as Lloris.

Where his kicking is poor is when he kicks long and out to the wings, usually they go out for a throw, Dawson esk. As for last night, he should have put it into row Z seeing it was the last kick of the game but hindsight is a wonderful thing as is watching a game from a sofa with a beer in your hand.

We play out from the back, probably the best at doing so in the League. The more you do it the more likely a mistake will result at some point. It has happened rarely before, in fact so rarely I can almost name them, Navas goal vs Citeh and errrm........To go through all the passing numbers would be a bore but I'd guess few goalkeepers have as many touches of the ball as Lloris.

Where his kicking is poor is when he kicks long and out to the wings, usually they go out for a throw, Dawson esk. As for last night, he should have put it into row Z seeing it was the last kick of the game but hindsight is a wonderful thing as is watching a game from a sofa with a beer in your hand.

I think (cba to check stats) that Lloris has one of the best pass completion percentages amongst gks in the league. But when he does miss it is not uncommon that it is horrible, like against Sweden. The fact that you can only remember one does not mean there was only one. But he's been better this season than previous years in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom