Huddlestone

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure how recent this is
5mbre.jpg

Also - my fav pic of Benny

x61012.jpg

Is anyone out there more more cool/laid back/stoned at thir place of work?

Dru said:
Maybe durbanspur is trying to say Livermore has made some pretty massive strides in a short period of time. Huddlestone never really done that in my opinion, he's more of a slow burner.

If Hudd is finished at Spurs, Bentley may as well retire!

thanks hit the nail on the head.

Dru said:
Maybe durbanspur is trying to say Livermore has made some pretty massive strides in a short period of time. Huddlestone never really done that in my opinion, he's more of a slow burner.

Completely disagree, Huddlestone grew massively in stature in Redknapp's first season and the season we finished 4th, formed a great partnership with Modric in the 2 wins over Woolwich and Chelsea. It's easy to forget how good he is because Livermore has had a few good games.

Thelonious said:
Dru said:

Completely disagree, Huddlestone grew massively in stature in Redknapp's first season and the season we finished 4th, formed a great partnership with Modric in the 2 wins over Woolwich and Chelsea. It's easy to forget how good he is because Livermore has had a few good games.

yes but durbanspur has spoken about what Livermore has done in a few games, not a whole season.

I'm not taking sides here, just trying to see durban's pov

Dru said:
Thelonious said:
Dru said:

yes but durbanspur has spoken about what Livermore has done in a few games, not a whole season.

And I'm saying that writing someone off who has performed over a greater period is kneejerk and folly. It's Huddlestone's first serious injury of his career so I think he can bounce back, Livermore's versatility and commitment make him good to have around and it's a nice dilemma to have when he returns but he's by no means finished. (I'm bored so decided to keep the argument going).

Dru said:
Thelonious said:
Dru said:

And I'm saying that writing someone off who has performed over a greater period is kneejerk and folly. It's Huddlestone's first serious injury of his career so I think he can bounce back, Livermore's versatility and commitment make him good to have around and it's a nice dilemma to have when he returns but he's by no means finished. (I'm bored so decided to keep the argument going).[/quote]

Folly - good word :thumbup:

Surely it should be ankle jerk?

What Hudd is so good at is getting the ball and pinging it out wide to our wingers. We'd counter even quicker and rape teams on the wing with Hudd giving Bale and Lennon service

Dru said:
Being his first really long term injury I wonder if he will come back really fat?
Like Razor Ruddock, Jan Miolby, Mido, Adriano, Neville Southall, Benni McCarthy, Ronaldo (at the end) fat?

Thelonious said:

That's pretty much exactly how I feel, Thelonious!
Also, remember Huddlestone started 33 games in 2009/10 (4th place finish), whereas Modric only started 21 (broken leg).

im also bored thats why im fighting the cause...
ok lets look at it differently.
according to the official spurs website these are our midfield players,
excluding players out on loan.

bently, sandro, livermore, rose, kranjcar, modric, vdv, parker, lennon, huddlestone, bale.

our choice midfield is:
lennon, parker, modric, bale. (vdv in the mix also)

so IMO the rest in order of where they sit in the pecking order goes

sandro
kranjcar (who i dont even like and wish we would sell already)
livermore/huddlestone
rose
bently

when is huddlestone ever going to get game time?

Dru said:
We also had Bassong, Palacios and Crouch back then. Jus' sayin
my point exactly, the team is being upgraded slowly hence huddlstone not having much
chance of getting off the bench these days.

edit= the same reason pav, corluka, bassong, pienaar etc got sold or sent out on loan.
we dont really need them.

Can't wait for thudd to get fit, that afro gonna look awesome also he can't cut it until he scores.

Back
Top Bottom