Huddlestone

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ok lets all forget about livermore... ha ha ha.
lets pretend he doesnt even exist.
when huddlestone is fit again he will be our EIGHTH CHOICE MIDFIELDER
and thats if we dont buy a new midfielder for next season.

for fuck's sake. I'm trying to get work done here, but every time I think the threads are all read there's gibberish here.

Can we just be cruel and say something like "how can he be eighth in the pecking order, but first to the feed trough"?

:disdain:

durbanspur said:
ok lets all forget about livermore... ha ha ha.
lets pretend he doesnt even exist.
when huddlestone is fit again he will be our EIGHTH CHOICE MIDFIELDER
and thats if we dont buy a new midfielder for next season.

Now I don't agree with that.

First XI for me would be Parker and Modric. Then you have Sandro to replace Parker but who to replace Luka? VDV plays further forward, Kranjcar like to play on the left. No way could Huddlestone be 8th choice.

Blanchflower said:
Modric, Parker, Sandro...........who's 4, 5, 6, and 7?!

our choice midfield is:
lennon, parker, modric, bale. (vdv in the mix also)

so IMO the rest in order of where they sit in the pecking order goes

sandro
kranjcar
huddlestone.

see above post for the details

durbanspur said:
WindyCOYS said:
Dru said:
We also had Bassong, Palacios and Crouch back then. Jus' sayin

Which makes Huddlestone's achievements all the more impressive!

completely disagree, makes them all the more unimpressive.

I was being facetious, and I do take the point that we managed 4th with some fairly unimpressive players palying regularly.

Huddlestone and Palacios actually formed a decent partnership in that season, and gave our centre backs a lot of protection. We tended to grind out results rather than play flowing football.

(For the record, Bassong started 25 games and Palacios 29.)

durbanspur said:
Blanchflower said:

our choice midfield is:

sandro
kranjcar
huddlestone.

That is like saying Assou-Ekotto is our 4th choice defender......he isn't, he's 1st choice left back

You wouldn't play Lennon holding midfield and you wouldn't play Huddlestone as a winger - they aren't comparable players in any way shape or form

ok forget the wingers and include vdv as a forward, that makes hudders our 5th choice.
we have no like for like cover as our past results have shown, and i mentioned in another thread.
so as far as whats available goes hudders would slot in 5th.

durbanspur said:
our choice midfield is:

sandro
kranjcar
huddlestone.

There's no way Kranjcar is ahead of Huddlestone for CM? Presume you mean for the other midfield positions.

I'd imagine it's a lot closer between Sandro and Huddlestone than many imagine too, although it'd depend on the type of opposition.

Blanchflower said:
durbanspur said:
Blanchflower said:

our choice midfield is:

sandro
kranjcar
huddlestone.

That is like saying Assou-Ekotto is our 4th choice defender......he isn't, he's 1st choice left back

You wouldn't play Lennon holding midfield and you wouldn't play Huddlestone as a winger - they aren't comparable players in any way shape or form

you cant argue like that we have no like for like replacements.
modric played left wing on sunday, if we in a jam we in a jam nothing we can do.
bale and modric are not comparable in any way shape or form if thats how your argument is based.

I must say i do not see Hudd coming in to the team. I love the way he distributes the balls and tries to offer defensive cover but he still lacks the mobility to challenge Sandro as a DM and if Modric is still with us next season the other CM position is pretty much sealed. Not even talking about the man with the 80's hair. Livermore has impressed me during his recent spells, even if he just plays simple and tidies up for the players in front of him. Krancjar on the other hand is a better option as AM (but cant see him staying at spurs)

But on the other hand i am one of the very few people that still think JJ is decent , so my opinion is to be taken with a bag of salt.

I know people love THUDD because his moments of brillance as a quarterback but we just evolved as a team to a somewhat different playing style and Thudd will suffer as does VDV , quality players (VDV being pure class) but pretty hard to play em in a 4 man midfield.

kranjcar used to be our miracle working midfielder till modric came along.
everybody is slowly just moving down the pecking order as they get older or better and
younger players are brought in

Belgian Spur said:
I must say i do not see Hudd coming in to the team. I love the way he distributes the balls and tries to offer defensive cover but he still lacks the mobility to challenge Sandro as a DM and if Modric is still with us next season the other CM position is pretty much sealed. Not even talking about the man with the 80's hair. Livermore has impressed me during his recent spells, even if he just plays simple and tidies up for the players in front of him. Krancjar on the other hand is a better option as AM (but cant see him staying at spurs)

But on the other hand i am one of the very few people that still think JJ is decent , so my opinion is to be taken with a bag of salt.

I know people love THUDD because his moments of brillance as a quarterback but we just evolved as a team to a somewhat different playing style and Thudd will suffer as does VDV , quality players (VDV being pure class) but pretty hard to play em in a 4 man midfield.
thanks, thats exactly how i see things happening as well.
and to open a whole new can of worms, if we get the strikers and midfilders we are linked to
next season vdv is gonna be sitting on the bench next to huddlestone :vdvcry:

Huddlestone and Sandro are the only occupants for the central midfield role after Modric and Parker. Niko playing centre midfield is not an option if Huddlestone is fit.

durbanspur said:
kranjcar used to be our miracle working midfielder till modric came along.
everybody is slowly just moving down the pecking order as they get older or better and
younger players are brought in
seriously dude, WTF? Luka joined over a year before Niko

durbanspur said:
Thelonious said:
keep making them caveats. :)
what is a caveat?
similar to a provision, basically you're moving the goalposts.

Back
Top Bottom