Huddlestone

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WindyCOYS

The Fighting Cock
It occurred to me in the United game that we were missing someone like Huddlestone who is prepared to bang in shots from distance (albeit not always successfully).

I thought (especially at 2-0) that we should be looking to leave Sandro/Livermore holding, and allow the full backs and even Kaboul to push on, and if we couldn't get behind them we should have been trying our luck from distance regularly.

I remember Adebayor taking on a shot early on - I was surprised, as he so rarely does - and Livermore had one crack (which was deflected), but other than that we were not prepared to shoot from distance enough IMO.

I'm not saying that Huddlestone would be a regular started, but in that game he'd have been a useful asset IMO.

this ain't American Football

edit: I'll be less facetious, in that game he'd have got pwned with his lack of mobility, Man U moved the ball too quickly for him to have made an impact.

i hate to be an asshole but as much as i love hudders his future at spurs
is not looking good. i honestly done see him coming back from injury
and having much chance of being more than a bench warmer.
i would pick livermore and sandro over him anyday...

durbanspur said:
kneejerk :baletroll:

Thelonious said:
durbanspur said:

:shrug: its the truth

durbanspur said:
Thelonious said:
durbanspur said:

:shrug: its the truth
I think it's folly to write off Huddlestone so flippantly. Livermore has done well but he's still got a lot to learn.

I love the Huddybear but his injury, given his size, is a bastard. He can have a significant position at The Lane but he'll have to be prepared to play intermittently which might not be up his strada.

His goal against the scum was a beauty

i love huddlestone but i just dont think he is even near par with the rest of our midfield.
even livermore has a slight edge over him. hudders is just to slow these days i guess.

durbanspur said:
i love huddlestone but i just dont think he is even near par with the rest of our midfield.
even livermore has a slight edge over him. hudders is just to slow these days i guess.
You're basing the Livermore argument on a few decent performances, should be getting carried away with him as yet. He'll have bad games and we'll see how he responds, Huddlestone has shown strength mentally after a few bad games and we'll see how he responds to an extended period out of the side.

Thelonious said:
durbanspur said:
You're basing the Livermore argument on a few decent performances, should be getting carried away with him as yet. He'll have bad games and we'll see how he responds, Huddlestone has shown strength mentally after a few bad games and we'll see how he responds to an extended period out of the side.

i have nothing else to base it on, so it is biased yes, but i have also watched hudders career at spurs
and even in the short time livermore has been there im more convinced by what i see now,
as well as the potential it could become. just personal opinion.

durbanspur said:

Seriously?!
I've read before that some of our players rate Huddlestone, technically, as one of the best at the club.

WindyCOYS said:
durbanspur said:

Seriously?!
I've read before that some of our players rate Huddlestone, technically, as one of the best at the club.

how recently? the same could be said for loads of players years ago.
what matters most is the here and now and where to from there.

im not hating on the player, i do remember he was the player who coupled with
modric during our 4th finish season as well as our champions league adventure.
he was and still is a great player im just being realistic.
he definatley isnt first or second choice that would be the pairing of modric and parker.
and if 1 of those 2 got injured during a match who would you bring on?
huddlestone, livermore, or sandro? my first choice would be sandro,
so that leaves hudders scrapping it out with livermore for last choice?
he is still 25 with loads of football ahead of him, and hopefully injury
hasnt stopped his career from peeking but for the moment
he is gonna have a rough time getting back into the team.

durbanspur said:
Thelonious said:
durbanspur said:

i have nothing else to base it on, so it is biased yes, but i have also watched hudders career at spurs
and even in the short time livermore has been there im more convinced by what i see now,
as well as the potential it could become. just personal opinion.

Maybe durbanspur is trying to say Livermore has made some pretty massive strides in a short period of time. Huddlestone never really done that in my opinion, he's more of a slow burner.

If Hudd is finished at Spurs, Bentley may as well retire!

Back
Top Bottom