Huddlestone

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

EssexYid said:
However, we've played that 4-2-3-1 formation a lot away this season, and imo that formation is perfect for Hudd. He could play alongside Parker as a 2, with Bale, VDV and Modric in front of him. Hudd doesn't need to be the designated DM, but he can be the deep lying play maker that he loves. I think that team would have a great balance away from home.
That's exactly what I was getting at. Obviously Bale is the first-choice on the left of the 3 and i'd say he's the least versatile, because Modric and Van der Vaart can probably play anywhere in that AM line. Lennon is similar to Bale in that he would be limited to the right. Either way that leaves loads of options because of the interchangeable players.

EssexYid EssexYid - Part of the reason I edited my post very quickly (and because I thought I was being rude), but you quoted while I was rewriting. I think of him as a deep lying playmaker as well, and having Tom available this season would have eased some selection difficuties.

Abbey Yid said:
EssexYid said:
However, we've played that 4-2-3-1 formation a lot away this season, and imo that formation is perfect for Hudd. He could play alongside Parker as a 2, with Bale, VDV and Modric in front of him. Hudd doesn't need to be the designated DM, but he can be the deep lying play maker that he loves. I think that team would have a great balance away from home.
That's exactly what I was getting at. Obviously Bale is the first-choice on the left of the 3 and i'd say he's the least versatile, because Modric and Van der Vaart can probably play anywhere in that AM line. Lennon is similar to Bale in that he would be limited to the right. Either way that leaves loads of options because of the interchangeable players.
We settled the VdV part earlier in the season. He can only play AM. If you play him on the right he plays AM anyways, and then you're wide open down the flank, kinda like Kranjcar.

I rate Huddlestone, but I don't really see a way back in for him any time soon.

I really like Big Tom, wish he wasnt injured :(

And just to add, if i was a midfielder and was faced with Tom and Sandro, i would personally shit my pants. Both of them wouldnt look out of place in a cage fight.

If ya cant win clean, kick the fuck out of them with tom and sandro lol

hmmm, who was it who played with a 6 man midfield?,

Bradders

Walker --- dawson --- King --- disco benny

Tom --- Modric --- Parker --- Sandro
Lennon --- Bale

Thats a stupid formation, but............imagine the counter attack speed it would have, Tom & benny with pin point accurate 45 yard diagonals (tom to bale, benny to lennon), sandro beating every1 up for shits and giggles, modric mooching about where ever he felt like it, walker and lennon at a gazillion miles an hour up the right, bale dragging the oppositions defence all over to the left, fuck it, the oppositions defence wouldnt know which way to look!, parker just being the brick wall he does so well to support dawson and king. Just need lennon to get a bit better with his shooting and then no need for over paid forwards in the team at all.

Flame away.............its only a bit of fun lol

Not trying to piss on Hudd's chips but I'd wager a lot most professional footballers would much rather face Hudd than Scott Parker.

Hudd is a big ol cuddly bear.

Rilla said:
I really like Big Tom, wish he wasnt injured :(

And just to add, if i was a midfielder and was faced with Tom and Sandro, i would personally shit my pants. Both of them wouldnt look out of place in a cage fight.

If ya cant win clean, kick the fuck out of them with tom and sandro lol

hmmm, who was it who played with a 6 man midfield?,

Bradders

Walker --- dawson --- King --- disco benny

Tom --- Modric --- Parker --- Sandro
Lennon --- Bale

Thats a stupid formation, but............imagine the counter attack speed it would have, Tom & benny with pin point accurate 45 yard diagonals (tom to bale, benny to lennon), sandro beating every1 up for shits and giggles, modric mooching about where ever he felt like it, walker and lennon at a gazillion miles an hour up the right, bale dragging the oppositions defence all over to the left, fuck it, the oppositions defence wouldnt know which way to look!, parker just being the brick wall he does so well to support dawson and king. Just need lennon to get a bit better with his shooting and then no need for over paid forwards in the team at all.

Flame away.............its only a bit of fun lol

check the thread i started called "some food for thought."
was all about us going 4-6-0.

ah some 1 else has already said it then, fair play.

Just imagine that formation with hazzard in the team aswell.

It started as a stupid idea but the more i think about it the less stupid it becomes (?)

IMHO we have THE best midfield in the prem this season, and all these continual long balls to ady just bypasses it all.

how about

--------------------Brad-------------------

-----Walker----kaboul----King-----Benny----

-------Modric------Parker------Sandro------
Lennon-------------VDV----------------Bale

Modric to 'roam' a bit more centrally, VdV to do similar. I think opposition defences would be totally fucked if we came at them like this, pace, skill and flair on all sides?

its definately something i would like to see, but as somebody mentioned in the other thread
we cant even get players to stay in position now we shouldnt be dicking around trying maverick
shit like that.
still would love to see it though. just a wall of attacking players moving forwards.
could be glorious...

Yeah your right there, perhaps last night would have been an ideal opportunity to test the water for 30mins or so, give it a test to see how the players would fit around that system. Failing that, on the practice fields for a friendly kick about (not that they can do it now with half the team out injured)

Back
Top Bottom