Huddersfield (H) 03Mar - 15:00KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hope the dembele is ok, he looked a bit awkward before he came off. Other than that, brilliant relaxed performance, I hope lack of Kane goal means we get two against Juve. :allitongue:
I’d be really surprised if he was hurt, told the bench but they kept him on,
We are a light there with Winks still shaking off his lay off.
Sissoko is the only option unless we play Dier in there with Wanyama.

Comfortable win without being particularly good. Son did well with both goals but only 7 shots on target when we were so dominant is not up to the usual standard. Thought Ince looked dangerous for them.

Comfortable win. Like a training session really. Bit disappointed actually as we were sloppy at times and should have scored a few more goals. Kane definitely not at his clinical best.

And sorry to be negative, but I thought Ali was shite today - how many fucking times did he lose the ball? Should have been subbed off earlier.
Job done though, no drama ahead of the big one.

Dear Dierdre,

I just had to write to you as I don't know where else to turn. I've been in a long term relationship ever since I was young with my football team, Spurs, and whilst there have been many ups and downs, I've always been faithful. Recently things just feel different, and I don't know what to make of it. In the past its always been so exciting, it seemed like you could never be sure what was going to happen next. Now, well today for example, I just watched us play and it was such a comfortable win, almost, well I won't say dull (never that!), but just, well, almost routine. Never for a moment did I think we were going to play their striker in, or that Hugo (that's our goalkeeper) was going to throw one in his own net. Even the referee didn't seem to be trying to gift the opposition the game. This has been happening more and more recently, and I'm starting to worry the thrill might be going out of our relationship. Don't get me wrong, I've never even dreamed of watching another team, I still love Spurs dearly, in fact recently they've been better than ever to me. Its just this all feels so strange. Is it normal after a long time that the initial excitement wears off, and people just become, well, more like good friends with their club? Is this how most football fans feel all the time? The other thing that worries me a lot is that if this carries on I might end up becoming like one of those smug entitled cunts from down the road, and that's such a horrible thought, I just find it unbearable. I'm at my wits end, please can you help Dierdre?

Confused,

N17

DXYUX4LXcAAPLMb.jpg:large

Dear Dierdre,

I just had to write to you as I don't know where else to turn. I've been in a long term relationship ever since I was young with my football team, Spurs, and whilst there have been many ups and downs, I've always been faithful. Recently things just feel different, and I don't know what to make of it. In the past its always been so exciting, it seemed like you could never be sure what was going to happen next. Now, well today for example, I just watched us play and it was such a comfortable win, almost, well I won't say dull (never that!), but just, well, almost routine. Never for a moment did I think we were going to play their striker in, or that Hugo (that's our goalkeeper) was going to throw one in his own net. Even the referee didn't seem to be trying to gift the opposition the game. This has been happening more and more recently, and I'm starting to worry the thrill might be going out of our relationship. Don't get me wrong, I've never even dreamed of watching another team, I still love Spurs dearly, in fact recently they've been better than ever to me. Its just this all feels so strange. Is it normal after a long time that the initial excitement wears off, and people just become, well, more like good friends with their club? Is this how most football fans feel all the time? The other thing that worries me a lot is that if this carries on I might end up becoming like one of those smug entitled cunts from down the road, and that's such a horrible thought, I just find it unbearable. I'm at my wits end, please can you help Dierdre?

Confused,

N17
Dear confused
They are cheating on you

Dear Dierdre,

Confused,

N17
Dear Confused,
Please remember why you fell in love with them in the first place. Every relationship grows and develops.
Spurs' past is what made them what they are today.
So in closing I would just ask you to remember this, Spurs have grown and changed to please YOU, yet it appears you do not appreciate this. Remember Spurs will always love you and do they're best for you.

Lots of Love
Dierdre

Dear Dierdre,

Confused,

N17

Killer post beneath the comedy veneer.

:tobyarm:

Kind of game we'd have fucked up in the past. Not any more. Not Pochs Spurs. Great 3 points...and if we do go on to make top 4 its a huge achievment under the circumstances. UP THE SPURS!

Also, how refreshing to see our official attendance as the number of people actually attending the match, rather than the laughable bullshit dribbled out by Woolwich (and others)
Over 68,000 v Huddersfield is a remarkable turnout given the circumstances. Compare that to 25,000 or so that actually turned up for Woolwich v MAN CITY!!? and its easy to see who's Londons top club.

Last edited:
Comfortable win, and i can take teams coming to play us and setting out to defend that deep, because i know it's just a matter of time.

Son was magnificent, Aurier possibly his best game, and Moura looks like he's going to be a handful for any defence.

Hope Levy docks Lloris some pay for turning up and standing idle for ninety minutes..

Also, how refreshing to see our official attendance as the number of people actually attending the match, rather than the laughable bullsit dribbled out by Woolwich (and others)
Over 68,000 v Huddersfield is a remarkable turnout given the circumstances. Compare that to 25,000 or so that turned up for Woolwich v MAN CITY!!? and its easy to see who's Londons top club.

Noticed St Marys was half empty today. Usually pretty full, or at least way more full than that.
So many fans dont understand that its time like this, the team needs them more than any other.

Back
Top Bottom