Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's block J east upper like?
Never been in there before.Any idea if we can raise the roof of?

It's never quite been the same since 'we' were up there against Maribor, I'm afraid!
article-0-1916773000000578-295_634x435.jpg
article-0-15EC7F60000005DC-836_634x396.jpg

(and yes, that's me with the Blue & White chequered flag with the rubbish Sharpie writing on!... had to show it to a Steward in case it said CUNT or YID on it!!!

OK... only gonna say this once more...
ENOUGH WITH THE 4-3-3 4-5-1 4-0-7 FORMATIONS...
...enough with the FIFA PRO'15 Carling OPTA stats...

...whatever team 'picks itself' online, probably won't be the team that Poch picks...

...but as long as THAT team beats Stoke on Saturday... I won't give a nun's rancid dried out closed over cunt what ya'll think (no offence!) I want to win on Saturday... and no ITK's or Internet warrior Pro-FIFA manager wannabe's are gonna make that happen... but a focussed Tottenham First XI and our manager might help... so I'm putting my faith and trust in them!

COYS!

Agreed. Any manager who has a score of 78 & +1 for negotiation on Fifa14 obviously know what he's doing

Personally I would go for something like this:

Some serious work rate in the middle of the park. Still concerned about not pace in the wide areas. Assuming Rose is still injured also?

evMzSHf.jpg

Bench: Vorm, Trippier, Wimmer, Dier, Lamela, Pritchard, Dembele

I was literally just going to post that we should play a 4-3-3, but you pretty much beat me to it. I think that my only difference would be playing Chadli on the left with Eriksen behind him and Lamela on the RW with Alli behind him. Bentaleb to hold.

I just want to see caution thrown to the wind. it's White Hart Lane and it's Stoke. Let the lads get their confidence up on the scoring front and give the fans a show. I'd love a 3-1 Spurs win, but I'm worried that this is going to be a 1-0.

-------------------------Kane
------Eriksen ---------------------------Lamela
--------------------------Alli
--------------Dembele ---- Mason

Rose - Vertonghen - Alderweirald - Trippier

------------------------Lloris

Walker played well on Saturday but I think in order to break them down we will need Trippier's delivery. I'd like to see Dembele in his natural position alongside Mason who looked great when he came on. Alli deserves a start too.

-------------------------Kane
------Eriksen ---------------------------Lamela
--------------------------Alli
--------------Dembele ---- Mason

Rose - Vertonghen - Alderweirald - Trippier

------------------------Lloris

Walker played well on Saturday but I think in order to break them down we will need Trippier's delivery. I'd like to see Dembele in his natural position alongside Mason who looked great when he came on. Alli deserves a start too.
Chadli plays much better with Rose behind him so I might take Lamela out and put Eriksen out there.

Stoke now have out and out pace on the wing. If we play our conventional tactics then they will absolutely murder us on the break, so I'd actually like to see us drop a lot deeper than usual and aim to control the play through the middle of the pitch with Dembele, Eriksen and Bentaleb.

Why wait till Saturday...? here you go... have a good early butchers!!
250039893.jpg

I met him in the flesh just before the end of last season - Brentford are a client of the company I work for. I was doing some contract work at the training ground and he walked in the room - nice lad, very unassuming.

-----------------------Lloris----------------------
Trippier----Tobes----Vertonghen----Rose
-------------Bentaleb----Dembele-------------
---------------------Eriksen-----------------------
Lamela------------------------------------Chadli
-----------------------God--------------------------

Don't understand some of the calls to drop Walker, he was one of, if not the best player for us against United. If Arnautovic plays he will have him is his pocket, something Dier and Chiriches struggled with in May.

Back
Top Bottom