Home Attendances

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have mentioned this a few times before but my brother in law and I have sat together every game we have attended in the last two seasons (apart from Woolwich last season) despite having seats in different blocks/stands.

Spurshaker Spurshaker has come down from the North Stand and sat with us the last 2 games we went to.

Pretty sure Brentford will be the same 🤣

Semi related but how do you get from the east stand to the south stand? Earlier in the season I tried and got blocked.
It was the first game of the season and the staff probably cared then however.

Is it any surprise attendances are down? The football has been shit most of the season, we aren't playing for anything meaningful. And we are in a clear decline.

Nothing that can't be turned around if the club finally starts showing a bit of ambition in the summer though with the right signings and manager in place
For me the shit football is the only reason I decided to sell my tickets for the last three games; I just couldn't face any more of it.

I don't care if we're mid-table (well actually I do) as long as its enjoyable to watch and I never miss a home game unless I have to. Up to and including Bournemouth I'd missed two home matches all season (plus I went to Palace even though I didn't fancy it); one while on holiday and one while on grandparent duty, so thats 20 matches I've attended.

Semi related but how do you get from the east stand to the south stand? Earlier in the season I tried and got blocked.
It was the first game of the season and the staff probably cared then however.
I think the only route is via the gate things by the brewery and theyonly block access on safety grounds when the south bar area is at capacity. If you’re there early it’s not a problem.

For me the shit football is the only reason I decided to sell my tickets for the last three games; I just couldn't face any more of it.

I don't care if we're mid-table (well actually I do) as long as its enjoyable to watch and I never miss a home game unless I have to. Up to and including Bournemouth I'd missed two home matches all season (plus I went to Palace even though I didn't fancy it); one while on holiday and one while on grandparent duty, so thats 20 matches I've attended.
I stopped going about five months ago. I can't watch anymore Dier to Hojbjerg. These are financially tough times Levy needs to get the message that he has exhausted a large group of the dedicated match going support.

You reap what you sow.

Charging silly money for the first game after COVID when most clubs tried to help fans out showed some true colours.

Post Kane and Son will be the true litmus test though. At the moment we are still a decent side to watch with those two in the side.

But 64 league goals scored this season. 36 by those two. Next 2 biggest scorers. 9 from Bentancur and Hjolberg.

The futures not that bright………

For various reasons, I wasn't able to attend the last 3 home games, and they didn't sell on the ticket exchange. It's a single which possibly makes it a herder sell, but I was surprised that not even one of them went.
Going by what I've heard from other fans(ST holders and members), people are definitely voting with their feet, and spending quality time with family etc, rather than face the possibility of yet another uninspired, and insipid performance. It's ok for some to label this as a "fair weather" attitude, but can you blame people for wanting to find more fulfilling things to do with their well-deserved free time?

Unless anyone lives within walking distance of the ground so can keep costs down if they want it's no surprise the others when you factor the fare on offer plus costs that they will pick and choose matches .Hopefully Levy sees that and does something positive for next season or else it will get worse .

For various reasons, I wasn't able to attend the last 3 home games, and they didn't sell on the ticket exchange. It's a single which possibly makes it a herder sell, but I was surprised that not even one of them went.
Going by what I've heard from other fans(ST holders and members), people are definitely voting with their feet, and spending quality time with family etc, rather than face the possibility of yet another uninspired, and insipid performance. It's ok for some to label this as a "fair weather" attitude, but can you blame people for wanting to find more fulfilling things to do with their well-deserved free time?

I think a lot of “legacy” fans also feel like they are not really wanted by the club. In the past I would have bought anywhere between 20- 100 tickets a season for me and my family. Anywhere up to 6 memberships.

This season tickets bought = 3. Next season will be 0 memberships and 0 tickets.

Fair weather… not at all. I’m just done with giving the marketing machine that is ENIC my money.

Does this mean that some current season ticket holders are not bothering to attend on a matchday, or sell their seat, despite having paid for it in advance?

This suggests that some people can not give their seats away.

Can Levy sustain the high ticket prices if he can't sell all his seats?

The man who exploited demand, through lack of supply, at the 36,000 ground, could slowly die on the hill of low demand and lots of empty seats.

I like that.
Absolutely this. There were probably 15K available on resale for Sat. It’s over

They may have to do it if we come 7th and qualify for the Conference League. I wouldn't pay more than £10 for a knockout match. Zero for the group games.

That way they'd at least get some F&B revenue from me. Otherwise it will be zilch.
Should be targeting u25 members for concessions. How can a 24 year old on 40K afford £80 for a ticket?

Absolutely this. There were probably 15K available on resale for Sat. It’s over
I fucking hope so.

It is this that will have the greedy cunt selling the club for a more realistic price.

In the past he has always found a way to paper over the cracks and do just enough to keep the wolves from the door.

These days he is looking more and more desperate and is hanging on by the skin of his teeth.

Should be targeting u25 members for concessions. How can a 24 year old on 40K afford £80 for a ticket?
If you want to achieve that then Spurs need an Independent supporters association that will have nothing to do with ENIC.

No dialogue and no other message apart from ENIC out.

Set that up and stay put with that message until the majority come around to that way of thinking.

All of a sudden ENIC want to 'listen'.

Fuck that.

Lip service and crumbs from the captain's table is all you will get.

Back
Top Bottom