Home Attendances

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To the immediate right of me are the premium seats and as you can imagine, it's mainly tourists, not all Spurs supporters and they tend to be all sold. However, yesterday there were quite a few gaps. The ST holder to the left of me has been missing for quite a few games and only attended yesterday because he couldn't sell. The Sonny fans are still turning up in huge numbers and spending a small fortune in the shop. It's not difficult to go along with the theory that Sonny's always plays, no matter his form (especially this season).
Next season is going to be interesting!

Most clubs do this. They claim it’s “easier” to count tickets sold plus season tickets.

But it’s almost certainly because they can charge more for sponsorship, etc.

They have to, by law, provide actual through the gates attendance figures to the Ground Safety Authority, but don’t have to publish these anywhere.

Maybe Levy can take more of what Fortunate Düsseldorf are doing in giving away free tickets to three matches next season. They are covering the cost of this through sponsorship. Think it’s a wonderful idea.

Only three matches, but at 30,000 tickets per match, it’s a fair whack. I’d like to see us doing similar, but giving away a couple of thousand tickets each match to kids, the forces, emergency service workers, etc.
Levy giving away free tickets?

Are you high?

For various reasons, I wasn't able to attend the last 3 home games, and they didn't sell on the ticket exchange. It's a single which possibly makes it a herder sell, but I was surprised that not even one of them went.
Going by what I've heard from other fans(ST holders and members), people are definitely voting with their feet, and spending quality time with family etc, rather than face the possibility of yet another uninspired, and insipid performance. It's ok for some to label this as a "fair weather" attitude, but can you blame people for wanting to find more fulfilling things to do with their well-deserved free time?

Is it any surprise attendances are down? The football has been shit most of the season, we aren't playing for anything meaningful. And we are in a clear decline.

Nothing that can't be turned around if the club finally starts showing a bit of ambition in the summer though with the right signings and manager in place

We will never get near capacity if we become a mid table team again.
Yea, trouble is i think we've been a mid table team for a few years now, just one that happens to have our best ever striker. 6th, 7th, 4th, 7th or 8th this season is mid table really with the 4th spot being the anomaly. I think its the state of the football as well, bloody expensive day to watch a 7th placed team play boring football.

Yes, large numbers of season ticket holders that don't want to (or can't) attend some matches are stuck with them when they don't sell on the exchange.

Whereas they were easy to flog for the first couple of seasons after NWHL opened and we were doing well, they are now difficult to impossible to sell for some matches (e.g. Palace yesterday); I had my pair listed for a couple of weeks and gave up on Friday and decided to attend rather than waste them.

I suspect that a lot of the ST holders who have a season ticket even though they only want to go to the big matches were happy in the knowledge that the could easily flog them for the other matches may change their minds now and not renew; FWIW there were 9 empty sets in the 16 or so next to and in front of me yesterday and they are very good seats in rows 1 and 2 of the south end of the east upper. I rarely see the ST holders either side of me these days and the ones in front are never the same even though they are definitely season ticket seats.

Of course if we start doing well again under a new manager the fair weather supporters will return and it will all be hunky dory again.
I gave up attending home matches as a season ticket holder 15 years ago. In the last few months I have received offers for home game tickets off people I haven't heard from in years.

I have also heard views expressed about how having a season ticket is now virtually pointless because you can never get away match tickets.

I get the feeling many will be picking and choosing their games going forward to avoid being saddled with home game tickets they may prefer not to attend.

Levy killed the hardcore support with his progressive penny pinching years ago.

He's now in the hands of the fly by night Spurs supporters, who've turned up in the last few seasons, and the tourists.

For various reasons, I wasn't able to attend the last 3 home games, and they didn't sell on the ticket exchange. It's a single which possibly makes it a herder sell, but I was surprised that not even one of them went.
Going by what I've heard from other fans(ST holders and members), people are definitely voting with their feet, and spending quality time with family etc, rather than face the possibility of yet another uninspired, and insipid performance. It's ok for some to label this as a "fair weather" attitude, but can you blame people for wanting to find more fulfilling things to do with their well-deserved free time?

I think a lot of “legacy” fans also feel like they are not really wanted by the club. In the past I would have bought anywhere between 20- 100 tickets a season for me and my family. Anywhere up to 6 memberships.

This season tickets bought = 3. Next season will be 0 memberships and 0 tickets.

Fair weather… not at all. I’m just done with giving the marketing machine that is ENIC my money.

Mates yesterday had two together on the exchange for a week, south lower and couldn't flog them.
Demand is definitely declining. The way we are playing, we’ve not much to play for, people have less money. A combination of these I’d say.

Maybe it will lead to less season ticket sales and the club may have to stall ticket price rises for more than next season.

Only a small percentage of our money comes from ticket sales, but having loads of empty seats isn’t a good look.

Levy has had a mare. Once you stop going regularly you realise you don't actually miss it that much.

The £1200 a season I am saving doing half the amount of games i usually do is going on my other hobbies. And the 9.5 hours extra time I have on match days is better spent on other things.

Mine were listed for Man U (I was working - could’ve called in a few favours if I’d REALLY wanted to go).

Went yesterday and me & the fella next to me (another ST holder) noted the gaping holes - middle of the south stand; first tier of the east; back of most stands. 8 seats in front of us unoccupied.

Whole day felt flat and the ground half full

I have mentioned this a few times before but my brother in law and I have sat together every game we have attended in the last two seasons (apart from Woolwich last season) despite having seats in different blocks/stands.

Spurshaker Spurshaker has come down from the North Stand and sat with us the last 2 games we went to.

Pretty sure Bournemouth will be the same 🤣
*Brentford :kanehand:

I haven’t been to a home game this calendar year (I think… our games are so immemorable I could be wrong) and only Brighton didn’t sell on the exchange. Amazing really. I’m only going to renew if I really want to, and something drastic will have to change for that to happen. Sad really. Club used to mean so much to me but Levy has killed the true club and now it’s just an entertainment product and customers.

Back
Top Bottom