Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Poch is in trouble"...
You really are a fucking idiot.
:dembele:

I said Poch was in trouble two games ago.

One loss as home due to pace/tactics.

One daw at home vs minnows. A banker on paper lost due to tactics.

I just screen captured your post. Seems like you have a Chrystal ball? Will be interesting to see how it pans out. If he brings in pace he'll be OK and crisis averted. If he stays as is with his obsession with bunching Dier, Dembele, Eriksen etc we will continue to spin our wheels outside the trophies.

I'm watching the Liverpool game. Seeing them 3 up vs the Gooners. I'm still furious Poch's tactics, bringing on Winks who's even slower than Dembele have those Gooners something to laugh about during their drubbing. He took off Son who has pace for another rusty player with pace. So it was a sideways move.

If you think Poch has a full grasp on the aspects I talk about then you are being blinded by Poch's personality. He still thinks it's bad luck. Seems a bit strange how we had all this bad luck in preseason. All this bad luck in Wembley etc? Perhaps he's getting out of bed the wrong side? It can't POSSIBLY be physics could it?

Good lord man. Wind your fucking head in.

That's how it goes. I state Poch is in trouble due to his tactics.

Then we lose to a struggling makeshift shit Chelsea at home. And lose two points vs a shit team. That's trolling and being a simpleton right?

I know you all want a back rub and story time...And can't handle it if someone talks to you straight like a man.

You want a sugary easy to handle narrative the press hands you regarding Poch. Anyone talking about the cracks of the game is the enemy. Ok let's try.

In Poch we trust. He sold Walker, our fastest player, talked about the quality of Siggy and Winks, slow players. His training and use of Dier has him flying and linking up play. Injured Wanyama and Son were purring with fitness and hit the ground running. His fairy tales about Roses fitness etc fill me with hope. We lost points due to Tripp...GAH! I can't do it.

Truth is I like Poch. I just won't kiss his ass when he throws away another title. Supporting someone does not mean you lie to their faces.

I just screen captured your post. Seems like you have a Chrystal ball? Will be interesting to see how it pans out. If he brings in pace he'll be OK and crisis averted. If he stays as is with his obsession with bunching Dier, Dembele, Eriksen etc we will continue to spin our wheels outside the trophies.

I'm watching the Liverpool game. Seeing them 3 up vs the Gooners. I'm still furious Poch's tactics, bringing on Winks who's even slower than Dembele have those Gooners something to laugh about during their drubbing.

If you think Poch has a full grasp on the aspects I talk about then you are being blinded by Poch's personality. He still thinks it's bad luck. Seems a bit strange how we had all this bad luck in preseason. All this bad luck in Wembley etc? Perhaps he's getting out of bed the wrong side? It can't POSSIBLY be physics could it?
Well done mate you are the dumbest person on the internet, you have absolutely 0 knowledge or understanding on football if you think you need 'pace' in the middle of the park. Your talking about bunching dembele,dier and erikson together, how about Real Madrid the current best side in the world "bunching" Kroos, Modric and Casemiro together, none of them have "pace" but they seem to be doing alright. You need pace in the right areas, central midfield is not one of the areas it is required.

Well done mate you are the dumbest person on the internet, you have absolutely 0 knowledge or understanding on football if you think you need 'pace' in the middle of the park. Your talking about bunching dembele,dier and erikson together, how about Real Madrid the current best side in the world "bunching" Kroos, Modric and Casemiro together, none of them have "pace" but they seem to be doing alright. You need pace in the right areas, central midfield is not one of the areas it is required.

Well...post my "trouble" claim: Burnley, a team who just lost, at home, to 10 man West Brom: Took two points away from us at home/Wembley. A team with Harry Kane, Alli, Dembele, Toby etc?

Real Madrid have the pace of fucking Bale and Ronaldo. We have Dier and Winks. Or Kane who is slow but amazing. I feel so sorry for Kane. He is the one impacted the most by the lack of movement by Eriksen and Dier.

All I have is literal proof of my claim is unfolding in real time. All you lot have is name calling. Like I said. I don't have to do that. I'll just watch, crestfallen as Poch's misguided tactics compound the best squad I've ever seen as a Spurs fan.

Even without signings we should lift the title. We will be lucky to get 4th, and that's down to Poch being green.

Well...post my "trouble" claim: Burnley, a team who just lost, at home, to 10 man West Brom: Took two points away from us at home/Wembley. A team with Harry Kane, Alli, Dembele, Toby etc?

Real Madrid have the pace of fucking Bale and Ronaldo. We have Dier and Winks. Or Kane who is slow but amazing. I feel so sorry for Kane. He is the one impacted the most by the lack of movement by Eriksen and Dier.

All I have is literal proof of my claim is unfolding in real time. All you lot have is name calling. Like I said. I don't have to do that. I'll just watch, crestfallen as Poch's misguided tactics compound the best squad I've ever seen as a Spurs fan.

Even without signings we should lift the title. We will be lucky to get 4th, and that's down to Poch being green.
Ronaldo and bale are wingers, im talking about you having a go at poch for us having "slow" central midfielders which is ridiculous. If your after a pacey winger why are you having a go at winks and dier? central midfielders aren't meant to provide pace to the team. Pochs "misguided tactics" is why the best squad of ours you've ever seen have looked so good over the past 2 seasons. Were you saying dier and dembele are too slow when we went on our winning run towards the end of last season?

I'm watching the Liverpool game. Seeing them 3 up vs the Gooners. I'm still furious Poch's tactics, bringing on Winks who's even slower than Dembele have those Gooners something to laugh about during their drubbing. He took off Son who has pace for another rusty player with pace. So it was a sideways move.

Not only are you a fucking idiot, but you talk the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard from a "football fan". How long have you been following football?

Poch hasn't once blamed bad luck at Wembley - quite the opposite.

Burnley, a team who just lost, at home, to 10 man West Brom
Is this the same Burnley that beat the champions on their own ground on the opening day?

Real Madrid has the pace of fucking Bale and Ronaldo. We have Dier and Winks. Or Kane who is slow but amazing. I feel so sorry for Kane. He is the one impacted the most by the lack of movement by Eriksen and Dier.

Even without signings, we should lift the title. We will be lucky to get 4th, and that's down to Poch being green.

I am pretty sure Poch knows about tactics and plays more than you.
It is amazing how people have short memories, before Poch came we didn't even make it to the top 4.

Now that he has taken us there, your whining his tactics are not good enough???

It just shows how much you know buddy..... (and I mean very little)

Football isn't for you. You paper your ignorance up as knowledge - "Poch doesn't do things the way I want, no manager does things the way I want, therefore they're all dumb and I'm smart". Honestly, what is wrong with you?

I read a comment somewhere saying that modern footballers are just athletes who happen to have a ball at their feet. They don't understand how to be subtle, how to have mental strength, how to focus, the guile needed to be an attacking player. It's why some players can be in on goal and yet miss time and time again. They're athletes, not footballers.

It seems like that's all you want our team to be; a bunch of athletes. You say Kane is "amazing", yet have you ever thought why? It's because Kane IS NOT an athlete. He's fairly slow. He isn't a giant. He's not bulging with muscle. He's good because he's a footballer.

As for Burnley and our tactics, let me break it down for you:
We push up high and press. We make the pitch smaller by doing so, 50-70 yards long instead of 110-130.
We then besiege the opposition goal. We group most of our players into a 30-40 yard area.
The opposite is usually confined to the area around their 18 yard box.

What do you think pace buys you in this situation? You can't "pace" past 6 defenders. You can't "pace" through their 18 yard box, packed with players, and score. The only thing you can do is "pace" down the wing, and slam a cross into the box, which is packed with defenders. You're not going to score many goals that way.

When you're playing in tight spaces and besieging an opponent the most important factors are:
Movement
Through balls
Close control
Dribbling
Long shots.

Our 3 main attackers are Eriksen, Dele and Kane. Can you see how this is all adding up - those 3 players are good at many of the above skills, as is Lamela.

This is how you beat someone like Burnley. You don't do it with pace.

Pace is not the same thing as 'running fast'. Anyone who has played any sport knows that a well drilled team can achieve pace by moving the ball at speed. You don't have to have Usain Bolt on your team to do this. It used to be called 'push and run' - look it up, gibbs131 . But I don't expect you to know anything about this , or Arthur Rowe because it was before the Premier League / football was invented.

Oh, and do yourself a favour and please stop referring to yourself in the third person - it makes you sound like a twat. The only people who do this (think The Donald, The Hoff and The Shermanator) are insecure pillocks.

Aren't they worse if they don't have Son? ( No offence, just getting from your quote).
BTW congrats on qualifying.

It's no doubt that he's the most skilled player we have but he's not a type of players who can change the game on his own. He needs support to do well. He's been the worst player out of all for the past few games. We would've done better without him, considering he was the one who lost the ball most of the time and failed at passing/dribbling/shooting.

Haha just catching up on this thread and this Gibbs cunt might be the least knowledgeable person I've seen post in regards to Spurs, or football in general.

Amongst his cacophony of false equivalencies, logical fallacies and undeserved arrogance (because, really, he seems like a fucking idiot), the funniest (and most incorrect) thing he said was that Kane suffers from a lack of movement from Eriksen. I mean, is this cunt for real? He's saying that about the guy that covers more ground than anyone else in our team and almost everyone else in the league and the player who provides more assists and chances than anyone else. If anything else, and there was a lot, cemented his place as a know-nothing WUM that was it. It was astonishing in it's blatant incorrect-ness.

Back
Top Bottom