Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All of those had much better seasons than Son - you can't look at the numbers only
So then what are you making the case from? Hazard, from the impact of his dribbling, perhaps. Sane? From what, getting paid more? He will likely be better than Son in future, but last year, he wasn't. Mane got all the headlines, but Son actually was better than him in the same role.

As galling as it may be to admit for some, a few of our guys last year had really amazing seasons. Son's was legitimately massive. As a wide forward, there were very, very few players who were better. I know that doesn't fit a lot of narratives fans like to offer, about us not being good enough or that it's still possible to improve the squad, but the fact remains that as a wide player, Son's season was right up there last year. There's no need to add qualifiers, it was that good.

If that's your only metric and picking only a single season as sample then Ryad Mahrez is one of the best midfielders in the world as well... doesn't sound right does it?

I think he could be very good for us, but let's not go slapping each other's dicks just yet.
The year before, Mahrez did have that kind of year. Last year, he didn't. Son was pretty good the year before, but last year he was legitimately elite-level in terms of his performance. He was very good for us. No conditional required. Will he be that good again? I don't know, and we can only hope. My point was that there were only a handful of players better than him last year, and most people who perform like he did get the superlatives.

I'm not racist at all, infact far from being one.

It just boggles my mind that you can express your subjective views on white, black and arab players without being labelled racist but not asians.
Oh, so you just know nothing about football then? Why don't you go and follow lawn bowls?

So then what are you making the case from? Hazard, from the impact of his dribbling, perhaps. Sane? From what, getting paid more? He will likely be better than Son in future, but last year, he wasn't. Mane got all the headlines, but Son actually was better than him in the same role.

As galling as it may be to admit for some, a few of our guys last year had really amazing seasons. Son's was legitimately massive. As a wide forward, there were very, very few players who were better. I know that doesn't fit a lot of narratives fans like to offer, about us not being good enough or that it's still possible to improve the squad, but the fact remains that as a wide player, Son's season was right up there last year. There's no need to add qualifiers, it was that good.
I'm not adding qualifiers - he had a great season but all those players mentioned (bar Sane) were better overall

Cast is off. I'd be surprised if he's not in the squad by the start of the season.

Just give him one of those removable casts to wear while playing

Off-topic, but this is probably the best place to ask a question for all of the Korean fans that visit the board...

Anyone know of a bar in Jeju City that people gather to watch football? Moving there for a year in September, and I'm hoping that Sonny has helped build some sort of a Spurs fan base on the island.

Off-topic, but this is probably the best place to ask a question for all of the Korean fans that visit the board...

Anyone know of a bar in Jeju City that people gather to watch football? Moving there for a year in September, and I'm hoping that Sonny has helped build some sort of a Spurs fan base on the island.
Lucky you man, I've always wanted to visit beautiful Jeju. May I ask what you are going there for? Sorry I can't help, but I'm very jelly....;-) Just avoid the hordes of Chinese tourists ;-)

So did Poch actually confirm Son is fit and available for selection? I know the website doesn't list him as injured in the team news article but bearing in mind he hasn't played a minute of pre season I would find it hard to believe he'll play Sunday.

So did Poch actually confirm Son is fit and available for selection? I know the website doesn't list him as injured in the team news article but bearing in mind he hasn't played a minute of pre season I would find it hard to believe he'll play Sunday.
If he plays it is probably from off the bench

Back
Top Bottom