Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For a player who usually has to deputise, he is surprisingly effective. Its a sign of how good we are that he doesn't command a regular start.

He made himself a regular towards the end of last season and only hasn't started until tonight because he's still getting back to full fitness after his broken arm. No way would Sissoko have started ahead him in the league had he been fully fit.

He made himself a regular towards the end of last season and only hasn't started until tonight because he's still getting back to full fitness after his broken arm. No way would Sissoko have started ahead him in the league had he been fully fit.
unless they wanted to save him for tonight. he ran a lot.

I know his inclusion was as much to do with Dele's absence, but I'd like to think that Poch KNOWS Son thrives (and has the measure) of German opposition, and would've played him anyway!

He ALWAYS seems to do well against any German outfit we play. Whether it's 'cos their overall style suits his strengths, or just that he knows their weaknesses having played over there, I dunno...
But he's certainly a talisman whenever we play German opposition.

I don't think it is just German opposition though, I think he is criminally under-rated for what he brings to the team and seriously deserves that starting spot in a 3-4-3 no matter who else is available.

Son is the perfect player for us against hard pressing teams where we have to go on the counter and mainly play defensively. Dele on the other hand is better for games where we are the team with the ball and set the pace. Dle would likely not have been able to pull off that run

That was one of his best performances for us. Probably would have been the best if he scored that chance in the second half.

He was relentless in his press. Ran up and down all game and got us off to the perfect start. Such a great player to have in the squad. Never moans and comes up with game changing moments

I know his inclusion was as much to do with Dele's absence, but I'd like to think that Poch KNOWS Son thrives (and has the measure) of German opposition, and would've played him anyway!

He ALWAYS seems to do well against any German outfit we play. Whether it's 'cos their overall style suits his strengths, or just that he knows their weaknesses having played over there, I dunno...
I think he often thrives when given the chance to shine. He is such a versatile player and keeping him fixed on the left is such a waste. and you're right, he has a killer record against dortmund.

Well...post my "trouble" claim: Burnley, a team who just lost, at home, to 10 man West Brom: Took two points away from us at home/Wembley. A team with Harry Kane, Alli, Dembele, Toby etc?

Real Madrid have the pace of fucking Bale and Ronaldo. We have Dier and Winks. Or Kane who is slow but amazing. I feel so sorry for Kane. He is the one impacted the most by the lack of movement by Eriksen and Dier.

All I have is literal proof of my claim is unfolding in real time. All you lot have is name calling. Like I said. I don't have to do that. I'll just watch, crestfallen as Poch's misguided tactics compound the best squad I've ever seen as a Spurs fan.

Even without signings we should lift the title. We will be lucky to get 4th, and that's down to Poch being green.
Red card for gibbs131 wonder why?

Apparently he's especially good against Dortmund. 7 goals in 6 games against them if you include yesterday.

I love Sonny- the guy is first and foremost a nice bloke who is popular amongst the whole team. You need that glue to keep a squad together.

Sonny can be infuriating at times but his strengths of direct running, strong finishing with each foot, hard work and unpredictability is such a weapon for us. Plus I love his right foot step over back onto his left foot that he always does.

Back
Top Bottom