Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just a shit Erik Lamela :sonlol::sonpoint:

I think he must be trying extra hard because he knows Lamela is gonna walk back into the team when fit because he can do everything he can do and more. Those Dortmund defenders must have been feeling so grateful Lamela wasn't fit and Son was playing instead. Yeah, he caught them out once but Lamela - with his ability to shoot with either foot, bamboozle defenders with his stepovers and drag backs, his turn of pace and ability to ping the ball all over the park - would surely have got a hatrick last night. We're actually very lucky Son stayed because he must surely know his career at Spurs is over once Lamela gets fit.

I think he must be trying extra hard because he knows Lamela is gonna walk back into the team when fit because he can do everything he can do and more. Those Dortmund defenders must have been feeling so grateful Lamela wasn't fit and Son was playing instead. Yeah, he caught them out once but Lamela - with his ability to shoot with either foot, bamboozle defenders with his stepovers and drag backs, his turn of pace and ability to ping the ball all over the park - would surely have got a hatrick last night. We're actually very lucky Son stayed because he must surely know his career at Spurs is over once Lamela gets fit.

I don't think Lamela can do what Son does but better, they are 2 different types of player.
I think Lamela is a better passer and technically more gifted but that is all.
I think Sonny is a better scorer and physically he is stronger and faster than Lamela.

He can't find the back of the net as much. Son scored more goals last season alone than Lamela has during his entire Tottenham career. That fact alone refutes your statement Lamela can do everything he can do and more. Next time try a less extreme argument you can actually back up

Are you serious? Lamela has done nothing since he arrived bar the odd assist and Rabona. Yes he works hard but Sonny actually affects the game and has the stats to back him up. I will bet you any money that Sonny's Spurs career lasts longer than Lamela's. I cant see Lamela staying for much longer

Are you serious? Lamela has done nothing since he arrived bar the odd assist and Rabona. Yes he works hard but Sonny actually affects the game and has the stats to back him up. I will bet you any money that Sonny's Spurs career lasts longer than Lamela's. I cant see Lamela staying for much longer
Fairly certain Lamela is our biggest chance creator outside of Eriksen.

Son scores more goals but Lamela creates more chances and assists statistically. It's a matter of comparing apples and oranges. Different types of players with different roles in the team. Lamela is not in the squad to compete with Son.

Fairly certain Lamela is our biggest chance creator outside of Eriksen.

Son scores more goals but Lamela creates more chances and assists statistically. It's a matter of comparing apples and oranges. Different types of players with different roles in the team. Lamela is not in the squad to compete with Son.

I dont know if that is true or not. If you have the stats Id like to see them.

How many goals/assists for either player since Sonny arrived at the club.

The other poster said that when Lamela returns to the team Sonny's Spurs career is over- now you have to disagree with that sentiment! Sure if Lamela ever gets fit he will be useful off the bench but this is the last year of his contract I think and I cant see it being renewed.

I don't think Lamela can do what Son does but better, they are 2 different types of player.
I think Lamela is a better passer and technically more gifted but that is all.
I think Sonny is a better scorer and physically he is stronger and faster than Lamela.
Anything about Lamela should be phrased on the past - "he was a better passer" - it's far from garaunteed he'll be the same player

I dont know if that is true or not. If you have the stats Id like to see them.

How many goals/assists for either player since Sonny arrived at the club.

The other poster said that when Lamela returns to the team Sonny's Spurs career is over- now you have to disagree with that sentiment! Sure if Lamela ever gets fit he will be useful off the bench but this is the last year of his contract I think and I cant see it being renewed.
Sonny: 30 goals & 15 assists all competitions since joining us.
Lamela: 19 goals & 31 assists all competitions since joining us.
(all this is from Transfermarkt)

Sonny has produced almost twice the amount of goals for us but Lamela evens it out by providing just over double the amount of assists. Lamela could also be argued is better at set pieces such as free kicks and corners. TL DR version is Son is the better finisher, Lamela the provider.

I don't think Lamela and Son will be the ones fighting for a spot in the starting 11 agaisnt each other. Lamela in my eyes is the guy who has to chase Eriksen and act as his deputy looking at our current 11 should he return on form. Allowing christian some rest

Sonny: 30 goals & 15 assists all competitions since joining us.
Lamela: 19 goals & 31 assists all competitions since joining us.
(all this is from Transfermarkt)

Sonny has produced almost twice the amount of goals for us but Lamela evens it out by providing just over double the amount of assists. Lamela could also be argued is better at set pieces such as free kicks and corners. TL DR version is Son is the better finisher, Lamela the provider.

I don't think Lamela and Son will be the ones fighting for a spot in the starting 11 agaisnt each other. Lamela in my eyes is the guy who has to chase Eriksen and act as his deputy looking at our current 11 should he return on form. Allowing christian some rest

Maybe but hasn't Lamela been playing for Spurs for two more years than Sonny? If we take it from the day Sonny arrived I dont think Lamela's goals/assists comes anywhere close to Sonny though I understand that he has been injured for nearly a year

I dont mind Lamela but for me that ship has sailed and his time with the club is coming to an end I think. I agree that Lamela is a useful tool to have from the bench and he might prove to be adequate cover for CE.

time will tell but I hope to see him back for a bit at least as we will need the extra bodies come xmas time.

Maybe but hasn't Lamela been playing for Spurs for two more years than Sonny? If we take it from the day Sonny arrived I dont think Lamela's goals/assists comes anywhere close to Sonny though I understand that he has been injured for nearly a year

I dont mind Lamela but for me that ship has sailed and his time with the club is coming to an end I think. I agree that Lamela is a useful tool to have from the bench and he might prove to be adequate cover for CE.

time will tell but I hope to see him back for a bit at least as we will need the extra bodies come xmas time.
In fairness to Lamela then we have to take into account that he has spent nearly 1 entire year on the shelf injured/suspended/whatever. So how the numbers would stack up if Lamela had gone the entire season that was uninjured is purely hypothetical. As is how he will perform on his return.

You're obviously new around here and I used to think like you but I was sent to a re-education camp and now understand that Erik Lamela is an elite level player that would probably have been sold to Real Madrid or Barcelona had it not been for his injuries.

You're obviously new around here and I used to think like you but I was sent to a re-education camp and now understand that Erik Lamela is an elite level player that would probably have been sold to Real Madrid or Barcelona had it not been for his injuries.

er Ok- lets just say we will agree to disagree

One is a better passer/creator the other is a relentless runner/goal scorer.
Both are good option to have on the team.
However, I do rate Son higher because he can play multiple positions and can come off the bench have a big impact in a short amount of time.

... if you absolutely have to compare the two... Lamela is a poor mans Son

They're nothing alike and both have different jobs and roles.

Ask Son to make the passes or tackles that Lamela does and he'd struggle.

Ask Lamela to have the confidence in himself to shoot and he'd struggle.

Different players with different issues and different benefits.

They're nothing alike and both have different jobs and roles.

Ask Son to make the passes or tackles that Lamela does and he'd struggle.

Ask Lamela to have the confidence in himself to shoot and he'd struggle.

Different players with different issues and different benefits.

You realise that talking sense and providing stats like ShutUpPatrik ShutUpPatrik is not allowed!!
You must take sides in the great Son vs Lamela debate and completely dismiss any facts given.
You must also repeat the same nonsense over and over because then it makes it true.

I assume you's both now understand correct etiquette and will change your foolish behaviour :)

Guus Hiddink has been offering his service to Korean Football Association virtually free of charge since they fired the national squad manager in last June. But the corrupted KFA and its conniving officials have kept the news from public and hired someone they could control and use for running errands. The news is out now bc they just could not keep the lid anymore and the Korean football fans are fucking furious. Can you imagine what Hiddink could do with and for Son and his Korean national team in Russia next June? KFA wants non of it bc they want to do Korea and fuck it up as long and quietly as possible. They are definitely not there for the good of Korean Football but there only for the good of their wallets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom