Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus some of you here please stop wanking so hard. Isn't this good Friday or something. Go out for a walk or shop eggs anything.

I've always been a Son fan. Loved him from day one.
He's also second on the team in assists. Don't over look that. Second in goals scored. Second in assists. 8 goals in the CL. Don't undersell his contribution.

Yeah he's been brilliant this season - don't think anyone would disagree.

dude everyone fucking losing their pants. I gave my subjective opinion.

He is a great player and good for Spurs but I think like any other player he can improve. Also I think he has been overrated for the aforementioned reasons. It is subjective.

Same way some people think Messi is better than Ronaldo and vice versa. I did not go out there and say Kane is shit. I just criticised certain parts of his game.

What the fuck is this ‘dude’ bullshit?

Fuck off and don’t come back, this is a Spurs forum not a fanboy site, if you want to suck off Son then do it somewhere else.

We’re not interested in your divisive opinion bourne out of jealousy, go and do your dicksucking elsewhere.

dude you are being incredibly uneducated as fuck.

instead of saying im a spurs fan I am right how about you just take a look. This is the stats for last season.

Kane took 40 more shots than Salah last season and still got beaten by him. There you go. you twat instead of saying I was a liar how about you go look it up yourself.

'uneducated fuck'. Lol. Whilst I would love to list my educational achievements, I don't really fancy playing who has the biggest dick.
You are on a spurs forum arguing Kane is overrated. Are you serious?

Where is that aledged half Korean first time poster Troy Redding character by the way. I mean Sonny is playing lights out scoring some critical goals and moving his team forward and all. Is he taking in all these proud moments again and bidding for the right time to come out to say You Koreans are fucking ruining the board again?

How is he one of my favorite players yet this is my least favorite thread on the forum?

I remember this thread at the start of Son's arrival where Korean Son fans and Spurs fans were optimistic together about how he'd turn out for us. Came back thinking everyone would be over the moon in this thread but it's just a pissing contest LOL

I remember this thread at the start of Son's arrival where Korean Son fans and Spurs fans were optimistic together about how he'd turn out for us. Came back thinking everyone would be over the moon in this thread but it's just a pissing contest LOL

Between the subtle racism by some and the douche chill fan boying by others, there is nothing good about this thread.

Kane, Eriksen and Vertonghen are a clear top 3.

Could probably argue Alderweireld too.

I was quite amazed to see that Son only has 2 more league goals than Lucas Moura this season. I had assumed a potential Premier League POTY would have more.

He's been Spurs POTY though this season. Sissoko and Winks run him close for that too.

Then again, as we see on here every single week, you're only as good as your last game. It only takes Son to have one of his quiet games where he can't trap a bag of sand and is scared to take a shot for people to start criticising.
Nope. Son has been more clinical than Moura, Lamela, etc this season. Easily one of the top 5 player for us in the club. Without him, Spurs would've never progressed against City. Winks? Seriously?

Nope. Son has been more clinical than Moura, Lamela, etc this season. Easily one of the top 5 player for us in the club. Without him, Spurs would've never progressed against City. Winks? Seriously?

I must have forgotten Llorente's goal.

If he can win us the CL, everything in this thread will change. If he can't, then we will be talking "If Kane was there" All about the results. So far, he has been better than Kane this season for sure.

But there is no doubt we are stronger with both of them on the field together.

If he can win us the CL, everything in this thread will change. If he can't, then we will be talking "If Kane was there" All about the results. So far, he has been better than Kane this season for sure.

But there is no doubt we are stronger with both of them on the field together.

Kane got us here.
Son is helping keep us here whilst he's out.

If we win the CL - it'll be because as a team we're pretty good.

Kane got us here.
Son is helping keep us here whilst he's out.

If we win the CL - it'll be because as a team we're pretty good.
Kane didn't get us here. Sonny is not keeping us here like you said the team is, but if Sonny can score as he does right now without Kane and win the CL as our main striker, you have to give him the credit for it and stop talking about Kane all the time.

The media doesn't give him the credit he deserves. If he was English, he would be considered a top 10 maybe 5 players in the world right now. But still, the media will be like what if "Kane....." not fair to him or the team.

Kane didn't get us here. Sonny is not keeping us here like you said the team is, but if Sonny can score as he does right now without Kane and win the CL as our main striker, you have to give him the credit for it and stop talking about Kane all the time.

The media doesn't give him the credit he deserves. If he was English, he would be considered a top 10 maybe 5 players in the world right now. But still, the media will be like what if "Kane....." not fair to him or the team.

Ey?

I must have missed Kane's late winner against PSV and the assist away at Barcelona that quite literally got us through.

Son gets plenty of credit. He's quite literally the most 'overrated' underrated footballer in English football. He's highly rated by everyone in the media. Most non-Spurs fans and most on here agree he's been our best player this season.

Is he a better footballer than Kane? No, of course not. It'd be fucking stupid to think so.

Has he had a better season than Kane? Yes. It'd be stupid to think he hasn't.

Ey?

I must have missed Kane's late winner against PSV and the assist away at Barcelona that quite literally got us through.

Son gets plenty of credit. He's quite literally the most 'overrated' underrated footballer in English football.
Well, if you put it that way, Eriksen goals and assists were just as important against inter Dortmund etc.
How can you take one game and give Kane credit for everything? :pochfacepalm:
This is not "Kane's" team. We as a team are very good even without him. Sick of hearing that from people here and from the media all the time.

Top 5 player in the world? Give it a rest. As much as I love Son, Liverpool have two wingers that are on his level. That's before you include Neymar, Mbappe, etc.

He has 12 league goals, great season for him. Kane was about to put 20+ for 5 straight seasons (he's at 17 right now). Kane has more European goals this season than Son THIS season. I don't want to piss all over him but let's be a little realistic. Before the City tie, he hadn't scored in two months? This talk of top 5 in the world, cmon man.

Well, if you put it that way, Eriksen goals and assists were just as important against inter Dortmund etc.
This is not "Kane's" team. We as a team are very good even without him. Sick of hearing that from people here and from the media all the time.

This is definitely HIS team and the players respond to him in that way too. He is our talisman and leader. Hugo is captain but I think he even knows that Kane is the marker for this team. We wouldn't even be in the CL if we didn't have such a stallion up front.

I've already said Eriksen is also a better player than Son - so I wouldn't disagree that Eriksen helped get us here too. Not really sure Son contributed anything at all in the group stages. A shame really.

To be fair, the group stages of the Champions League were back earlier in the season when Son was being his usual off form out of the game self.

Top 5 player in the world? Give it a rest. As much as I love Son, Liverpool have two wingers that are on his level. That's before you include Neymar, Mbappe, etc.

He has 12 league goals, great season for him. Kane was about to put 20+ for 5 straight seasons (he's at 17 right now). Kane has more European goals this season than Son THIS season. I don't want to piss all over him but let's be a little realistic. Before the City tie, he hadn't scored in two months? This talk of top 5 in the world, cmon man.

Sounding like Dippers thinking Son is anywhere near top 5 in the world lol - he's not even top 5 in the fucking Premier League.

But we love him and I'm glad he's ours. Such a nice guy and a great player.

Silly, unnecessary arguments going on here.
We should all be grateful that we have two of the best strikers in Europe and that they both seem to be happy playing for us.
I will say though, that Sonny seems to modify his game when Harry plays alongside him, doesn't always shoot but looks to pass instead.
Anyone who doesn't see that both players are important to us needs to visit an optician!

Back
Top Bottom