Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just out of interest, why does anyone think Son would want to leave?

Hes worshipped here by pretty much everyone now. Made it pretty clear how much he loves Spurs too. A move to a "bigger" club doesnt necessarily mean a better experience, and since hes not "the man" here (we all know who it is) why would he "the man" at Real Madrid / Man City / Juventus (insert **other big clubs*** here)?

Ask that young Bale fella how loved he feels at Madrid.

Personally I love it when both him and Kane are playing and they want to take a shot on. You dont shoot, you dont score. Simple. Put it on target and ask the keeper a question. It shows a desire, a NEED to score goals and confidence. Id rather that than fuck about with it endlessly working it wide while the oppo gets their 4/5 back in shape.

Hes worshipped here by pretty much everyone now. Made it pretty clear how much he loves Spurs too. A move to a "bigger" club doesnt necessarily mean a better experience, and since hes not "the man" here (we all know who it is) why would he "the man" at Real Madrid / Man City / Juventus (insert **other big clubs*** here)?

Ask that young Bale fella how loved he feels at Madrid

No one in our current squad should want to leave unless we treat them wrong.

This is what I mean.
The whole forum goes to shit particularly the English folks here.

The koreans including me are not saying Kane is shit. We are not saying he is average. We are saying he is a very fucking good player but just is slightly overrated. TO express an opinion should be met with an argument like why instead of swearing at us and saying we are fake fans.

I have literally given the reasons in my previous posts. Kane one touch is not that good either. He keeps the ball too long rather than playing fluidly like firmino or saurez. It does not suit Son's quick countering style of play. I also showed the stats of Kane's insane amount of shots he takes. his conversion rate is very poor compared to Salah for instance.

You do realise Son was in the asian games the first 4 or 5 fixtures of the champions league game and was only available as a starter in that Barcelona game.

Also the media is very biased towards Kane partially because he is white and english.
If Son was injured and Kane shot 3 goals against Man city the media would not be talking about du bruyne and sterling. If you look at almost every media article its about llorente being a hero, how good sterling is and so forth. If they mentioned son its 70 procent of times talking about how he stepped up in Kanes absence rather than seeing him as a person individually in his own right.

As an example look at this appalling article. it fucking talks about sterling when he got assisted twice by beautiful play from du bruyne and some shit defending by trippier whilst son is just seen as a replacement for Kane.
It is all the more ridiculous because Son has been playing insanely well since 3 seasons and even more funny when thinking that in 2016 when kane got his first ankle injury it was son scoring the goals.

Its been 3 fucking years and the media still acts like son is some cheap replacement of Kane.

That is called biased.

Yes, yes, yes, very good. Now take that and post it where it belongs - on a Scouser forum. And do you know what? Son would tell you to fuck off too. You're giving Koreans a bad name. You do realise he's referred to Kane as the best player in the world, don't you?

This is a Spurs forum not a place to bash every Spurs player apart from Son and claim there's some global conspiracy against him.

Bin vote cast.

Personally I love it when both him and Kane are playing and they want to take a shot on. You dont shoot, you dont score. Simple. Put it on target and ask the keeper a question. It shows a desire, a NEED to score goals and confidence. Id rather that than fuck about with it endlessly working it wide while the oppo gets their 4/5 back in shape.
Beekeeper would be perfect for Bayern. He knows German, his record against Dortmund is impressive and Bayern is currently in a rebuilding process.

Beekeeper would be perfect for Bayern. He knows German, his record against Dortmund is impressive and Bayern is currently in a rebuilding process.

Christ almighty, I think we need two Son threads, one just for Spurs fans from whatever background, English, American, Korean, etc. to discuss the Spurs player Heung-Min Son. And another for random Koreans to discuss which club he should join, which Spurs players he's better than, which Liverpool players are better than Harry Kane, and various Japanese war crimes, which zeke714 seems particularly fond of discussing.

You gotta understand many Koreans worship Son but we also have hardcore fans coming from Man city, Liverpool, and Man Utd.
This club naturally gained a lot of attention from most Koreans due to the media. Even among korean fans, opinions about Son and Kane are mixed. Hardcore EPL fans will always appreciate Kane’s presence in this club and others will just read and watch only for Son. The football culture is definitely different here too, you don’t get to witness players like Kane grow up to be a true home player from young age. So it might be hard for us to understand what it means to support Kane and this club.

We don’t think Son will leave Spurs for a very long time and this club/other players have been growing on us over time. Of course it’s not the end of the world if Son chooses to leave for us and spurs.

WTF do you have against Kane? If Son was English blah blah... Kane didn't get us here... I don't get it at all. Your stats don't prove anything to me either.

To your last point... Kane is considered elite because he has 20+ domestic goals for 5 straight seasons!!! two golden boots!!! a world cup golden boot!! that's why he is considered one of the greatest in the world and Son isn't (yet).
I think if Son was our main striker and was the focus of all our attacks, he would probably get 20+ domestic goals a season as well.

Christ almighty, I think we need two Son threads, one just for Spurs fans from whatever background, English, American, Korean, etc. to discuss the Spurs player Heung-Min Son. And another for random Koreans to discuss which club he should join, which Spurs players he's better than, which Liverpool players are better than Harry Kane, and various Japanese war crimes, which zeke714 seems particularly fond of discussing.
You hate the fact that he might be attracting actual top-tier clubs? I'm Vietnamese btw.

I don't think Son even consider leaving the club unless

1. Tottenham puts him in transfer list and put a price tag upon him.
2. Pochettino leaves to other high and mighty "big club".

Pochettino played a huge role bringing him here and didn't lose faith when he had a bad first season in EPL, when he had trouble settling in a new league, new team, etc.
If he didn't stop Son going back to Bundesliga after first season, he may have left already.
Son developed so much under Pochettino with Tottenham, and he knows it.
Son's love for the club and Pochettino is genuine, so leaving on his behalf is unthinkable.

As for some Koreans, I know why they got pissed off about whole Kane thing.
When Kane is playing, most key passes tend to go to Kane, thus depriving Son's goal scoring chances.
Why Kane gets more passes? Kane plays the target man and holds up the ball, his strength, jumping reach and heading is far superior than Son, so Kane getting more passes is understandable. It is a tactical thing, really.

Kane being English might be related to his popularity and being treated specially, but what do you expect? Tottenham Spurs is an English club and it's natural that fans like their homegrown players more.
No need to be upset about it. I wish fellow Koreans stop making fuss about that.

Last edited:
You hate the fact that he might be attracting actual top-tier clubs? I'm Vietnamese btw.

No, I just hate the fact he attracts dickheads like you to sign up to a forum for Spurs fans when you're quite clearly not a Spurs fan. Why not go and post crap in the comment section of YouTube videos.

I don't think Son even consider leaving the club unless

1. Tottenham puts him in transfer list and put a price tag upon him.
2. Pochettino leaves to other high and mighty "big club".

Pochettino played a huge role bringing him here and didn't lose faith when he had a bad first season in EPL, when he had trouble settling in a new league, new team, etc.
If he didn't stop Son going back to Bundesliga after first season, he may have left already.
Son developed so much under Pochettino with Tottenham, and he knows it.
Son's love for the club and Pochettino is genuine, so leaving on his behalf is unthinkable.

As for some Koreans, I know why they got pissed off about whole Kane thing.
When Kane is playing, most key passes tend to go to Kane, thus depriving Son's goal scoring chances.
Why Kane gets more passes? Kane plays the target man and holds up the ball, his strength, jumping reach and heading is far superior than Son, so Kane getting more passes is understandable. It is a tactical thing, really.

Kane being English might be related to his popularity and being treated specially, but what do you expect? Tottenham Spurs is an English club and it's natural that fans like their homegrown players more.
No need to be upset about it. I wish fellow Koreans stop making fuss about that.

Spot on.

As much as I love SON, the issue with him has always been inconsistency. He's been better about it this season compared to last but it’s hard to build around a player who can be so Hot/Cold.

When Son’s 'on it' he's damn near WC; off form SON can look like an amateur footballer with his passing and first touch, don't forget how dreadful he was before the Chelsea match at Wembley.

Kane's contribution to this team for the last year has so been far more than just his goal, his ability to come deep and pick out a pass is crucial, and in some ways, that's the reason we are seeing a better/more consistent SON this season. SON gets to play in his best position (SS), where he gets to do less on the ball. Then with, Kane dropping to the midfield from time to time opens the game for SON and gives him the space to run into.

I see to many people using a five-game sample (which the entire team were poor) to say that we play better without Kane and/or SON and Kane cannot play alongside each other, when in reality, they played perfectly fine before the Asian Cup.

Back
Top Bottom