Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

dude everyone fucking losing their pants. I gave my subjective opinion.

He is a great player and good for Spurs but I think like any other player he can improve. Also I think he has been overrated for the aforementioned reasons. It is subjective.

Same way some people think Messi is better than Ronaldo and vice versa. I did not go out there and say Kane is shit. I just criticised certain parts of his game.

There are many reasons

1. Kane in the eyes of many Korean are overrated.

2. Kane is not the best facilitator. He often hogs the balls and slows down the game. He is very good at slowing down the game and forcing the opponent to do a foul. But this does not suit Son's countering style of play that is seen more often in Liverpool.

3. Speaking of point 2. Strikers like Suarez and Firmino are a lot better at fluid play with their wingers. If you look at a statistic at assists Kane massively underperforms than Firmino for example. (this also despite playing a lot more than Firmino).

4. Kane is very selfish. He has the most shots. Often does not play the best pass and shoots himself at absurd angles. It is fine as a striker to be selfish at times but Kane takes it to the extremes. In the past 2 seasons he has taken by the far most shots. Yeah but players like Salah and Son have way better conversion rates which is often overlooked.

I'm afraid that if the average Korean fan believes this to be true that they are letting their bias alter their perception of the game.

I get that they want Sonny to do well but Harry is the main man, he is a remarkable footballer.

People say he's selfish, have you seen how much deeper he has dropped for club & country to bring others into play? He's a class act at being a team player but he's deadly and ferocious with it. I can't see how anyone that truly follows Spurs for the club has a beef with H

In a way it is
1. Can't cut with being a Harry Kane team
2. Stop being a Harry Kane team
3. 1 and 2 and play team ball.

I could easily go on a page or two on it but there is no point doing it now especially when Harry is trying to come back. I also like to see how we would ride the last month or so of what could be an incredible journey left for the season. If Harry can strive for 20 goals and 20 assists instead of going for 40 plus goal every season and the team trying supporting it? With the talented team mates he has around? Like you say and wish we would be unstoppable. Kane has all the quality of making it happen. If he tried the 20 -20 he d probably get 30 20 and the Ballondor

Thank you for your response

I think all our attackers have to take more responsibility when Harry is in the team. Son, Dele and Eriksen can shoot more, be greedier and not look to pass to Harry all the time. Be confident, take control themselves.

There are many reasons

1. Kane in the eyes of many Korean are overrated.

2. Kane is not the best facilitator. He often hogs the balls and slows down the game. He is very good at slowing down the game and forcing the opponent to do a foul. But this does not suit Son's countering style of play that is seen more often in Liverpool.

3. Speaking of point 2. Strikers like Suarez and Firmino are a lot better at fluid play with their wingers. If you look at a statistic at assists Kane massively underperforms than Firmino for example. (this also despite playing a lot more than Firmino).

4. Kane is very selfish. He has the most shots. Often does not play the best pass and shoots himself at absurd angles. It is fine as a striker to be selfish at times but Kane takes it to the extremes. In the past 2 seasons he has taken by the far most shots. Yeah but players like Salah and Son have way better conversion rates which is often overlooked.

I could see some truth to what you are saying but you are blowing it way out of proportion. This is just as bad as NW1spurs saying all Koreans are happy to see Kane down so Son could score more lol

Your 'subjective' opinion is just objectively wrong. You are on a spurs forum! Even on a united forum people would push back.
dude you are being incredibly uneducated as fuck.

instead of saying im a spurs fan I am right how about you just take a look. This is the stats for last season.

Kane took 40 more shots than Salah last season and still got beaten by him. There you go. you twat instead of saying I was a liar how about you go look it up yourself.

Yes Harry Kane has dropped deeper but it only has been this season hasn't it. Trying to be all smart by saying he has dropped deeper ffs.

Also by accusing Koreans of saying that they are glad Kane is injured is sadistic as hell. I sure as hell do not wish harm on any individual especially Kane who isn't on purposely doing anything. But still it is no coincidence that Son does better without Kane.

dude you are being incredibly uneducated as fuck.

instead of saying im a spurs fan I am right how about you just take a look. This is the stats for last season.

Kane took 40 more shots than Salah and still got beaten by him. There you go. you twat instead of saying I was a liar how about you go look it up yourself.

You bring that bearded Scouse cunt with a simpleton's face into it? You're just showing your ignorance. Kane shoots more because defenders find it harder to stop him shooting! It's what makes Kane Kane - the ability to get off shots where others can't. Accurate and powerful shots.

Kane, Eriksen and Vertonghen are a clear top 3.

Could probably argue Alderweireld too.

I was quite amazed to see that Son only has 2 more league goals than Lucas Moura this season. I had assumed a potential Premier League POTY would have more.

He's been Spurs POTY though this season. Sissoko and Winks run him close for that too.

Then again, as we see on here every single week, you're only as good as your last game. It only takes Son to have one of his quiet games where he can't trap a bag of sand and is scared to take a shot for people to start criticising.

I think thats a bit harsh. I agree he's not as good as Kane, but he's not far behind.

I'm a huge Son fan, as my posting history would show, but he's not on the level of Kane. Son is a product of hard work and dedication. You can see it in his shooting - a million repetitions of curling a ball into the top corner showed its dividends the other night. Added to his great pace, that little step over thing he has, adds up to a terrific footballer that can be deployed by a manager to be a very effective player in certain positions. But Kane is just naturally more gifted to add to his dedication. You can see it in his first touch, awareness of what's around him, his passing range and vision. You could play Kane in numerous positions in a way you couldn't with Son.

Last edited:
There isn't team in the world that would rather have Son than Kane. Don't get me wrong, Son is ahead Eriksen right now.

Kane scored 130goals for us. Respect that bit more.

I'm a huge Son fan, as my posting history would show, but he's not on the level of Kane. Son is a product of hard work and dedication. You can see it in his shooting - a million repetitions of curling a ball into the top corner showed it's dividends the other night. Added to his great pace, that little step over thing he has, adds up to a terrific footballer that can be deployed by a manager to be a very effective player in certain positions. But Kane is just naturally more gifted to add to his dedication. You can see it in his first touch, awareness of what's around him, his passing range and vision. You could play Kane in numerous positions in a way you couldn't with Son.
I agree. That's why I said he's not as good as Kane.

Kane, Eriksen and Vertonghen are a clear top 3.

Could probably argue Alderweireld too.

I was quite amazed to see that Son only has 2 more league goals than Lucas Moura this season. I had assumed a potential Premier League POTY would have more.

He's been Spurs POTY though this season. Sissoko and Winks run him close for that too.

Then again, as we see on here every single week, you're only as good as your last game. It only takes Son to have one of his quiet games where he can't trap a bag of sand and is scared to take a shot for people to start criticising.
I've always been a Son fan. Loved him from day one.
He's also second on the team in assists. Don't over look that. Second in goals scored. Second in assists. 8 goals in the CL. Don't undersell his contribution.

Back
Top Bottom