Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing about Sonny is, he'll have a quiet game or a poor game where his touch is off, can't beat a man or is far too greedy but he always has moments in him due to his incredible striking ability.

He was poor against West Ham (though I thought they doubled up on him well) but he has the ability to pull that moment of magic out. How many times has he saved us this season?

Saved us a point against West Ham and Watford. Won us all three points against Palace. Winner against Dortmund to help us top our Champions League group off the top of my head.

It always makes you wonder because Poch always seems to sub him off first even if Dele or Eriksen are playing a lot worse than him.

Thing about Sonny is, he'll have a quiet game or a poor game where his touch is off, can't beat a man or is far too greedy but he always has moments in him due to his incredible striking ability.

He was poor against West Ham (though I thought they doubled up on him well) but he has the ability to pull that moment of magic out. How many times has he saved us this season?

Saved us a point against West Ham and Watford. Won us all three points against Palace. Winner against Dortmund to help us top our Champions League group off the top of my head.

It always makes you wonder because Poch always seems to sub him off first even if Dele or Eriksen are playing a lot worse than him.
Indeed. I often think that he is the “game changer” that many people keep crying out for. I agree that it would be good to have another player on the bench who can do that too, but this guy has turned many games around for us over the last couple of seasons. How many times have we seen him flip a game on it’s head with flashes of genius or an amazing strike?? I love it when he scores those impossible looking tight-angled shots from the left (like he did twice against Wycombe last year). Bloody love the guy, he’s quickly becoming one of our most influential players.

Is there absolutely no way that this national service thing can be delayed at all? He is the jewel in the Korean sporting crown at the moment which is surely a great advert for S Korea?
I appreciate that National Service is hugely important to the Korean public & their perception of individuals but he’s hardly going to be unable to do his if it was delayed a few years. He will still be physically superior to 99% of the intake if he did it when he was in his 30’s.
It saddens me to think that he is quite possibly going to be “cut off in his prime” when the military come calling.

I cant agree more... but sadly.. I doubt it will happen. Even Cha Bum did not get an exemption in the past.

Want to know what's even better?

He's only started 87 games for us. So it could actually read:

87 starts
40 goals
21 assists

Want to know what's even better?

He's only started 87 games for us. So it could actually read:

87 starts
40 goals
21 assists

Amazing.

One of my favourite players. He’s inconsistent in terms of performances, but even when he’s not on it like he was today he still has a habit of making a valuable contribution. Seems to have a great attitude too.

Today was his best performance for us. Unlucky not to get 2 or even 3 goals.

Getting a lot of very deserved praise from the media today.

Scored in 5 consecutive home games. We've splashed millions on attacking players who've spent years here and not even scored in 5 home games in total. He, Dele and Eriksen need to be on 100k contracts.

Today I heard for the first time (for me anyway) crowd singing for Son ( nice one son ......). Should be singing for him every week. Unplayable at times today. Superb.

Damn, has Son ever been in better form for us than this run lately? Seems he is truly coming into his own right now. Beating his man, top shooting, excellent passing, even giving his fullback reliable help in defense. His game looks really polished these days. His positivity and camaraderie ooze optimism and cohesion into the squad. Thank goodness, cause I really love it when we can play a legit 4-2-3-1.

Damn, has Son ever been in better form for us than this run lately? Seems he is truly coming into his own right now. Beating his man, top shooting, excellent passing, even giving his fullback reliable help in defense. His game looks really polished these days. His positivity and camaraderie ooze optimism and cohesion into the squad. Thank goodness, cause I really love it when we can play a legit 4-2-3-1.

4-2-3-1 is my favoured formation. What do we do when Toby is back though :s

Is there absolutely no way that this national service thing can be delayed at all? He is the jewel in the Korean sporting crown at the moment which is surely a great advert for S Korea?
I appreciate that National Service is hugely important to the Korean public & their perception of individuals but he’s hardly going to be unable to do his if it was delayed a few years. He will still be physically superior to 99% of the intake if he did it when he was in his 30’s.
It saddens me to think that he is quite possibly going to be “cut off in his prime” when the military come calling.
A.lot of people say Son is bound for military in couple of yrs but I would be surprised if that indeed happens

Back
Top Bottom