Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When we got shot of Chadli and brought in Son, I thought that we had basically picked up another Chadli who frustrates and does very little but is always good for a goal. I stick with that assessment, but actually he is more useful than Chadli was because he has pace to burn as well.

I still think he has a long way to go to improve his overall game and contribution, but you can't deny that his goals this season have been gold dust and he really has a knack for nailing them when we need it. Good purchase in my books.

When we got shot of Chadli and brought in Son, I thought that we had basically picked up another Chadli who frustrates and does very little but is always good for a goal. I stick with that assessment, but actually he is more useful than Chadli was because he has pace to burn as well.

I still think he has a long way to go to improve his overall game and contribution, but you can't deny that his goals this season have been gold dust and he really has a knack for nailing them when we need it. Good purchase in my books.

He's not as good as the Chadli we had before his father died, but he's been very effective.

Hopefully the annoying aspects of his game are areas for him to improve, rather than drawbacks. If so, and he cuts them out, he might have a chance of playing his way out of military service.

He's not as good as the Chadli we had before his father died, but he's been very effective.

Hopefully the annoying aspects of his game are areas for him to improve, rather than drawbacks. If so, and he cuts them out, he might have a chance of playing his way out of military service.

Whhhaaat??? Son is way better than Chadli and still has more potential.

Chadli was perhaps the more naturally gifted player but he was missing something, perhaps to do with his mentality. He used to drift out of games and not impose himself enough. Son has far more daring and is involved more

Son has 16 goals in the equivalent of 22 starts this season. A very good return.
What do you mean by the equivalent of 22 starts?

Sounds a little bit like presenting the stats in the most favourable light.

Don't get me wrong 16 goals has been a very good return and he's scored some important ones too.

I still find him to be a bit unreliable though and never really know what we're going to get from one game to the next.

I think the 16 goals in 22 games is a tad more flattering than it should be as the biggest problem with him has been when he HAS started games. So comparing his goals just to his number of starts scews the facts a bit.

Last edited:
What do you mean by the equivalent of 22 starts?

Sounds a little bit like presenting the stats in the most favourable light.

Don't get me wrong 16 goals has been a very good return and he's scored some important ones too.

I still find him to be a bit unreliable though and never really know what we're going to get from one game to the next.

I think the 16 goals in 22 games is a tad more flattering than it should be as the biggest problem with him has been when he HAS started games. So comparing his goals just to his number of starts scews the facts a bit.

Minutes played. The amount of minutes he's played equates to 22 starts.

I think it's not a coincidence how Janssen always assists Son whenever they play together. Fantastic combination. Janssen knows where Son is gonna play most of the time. Time for Son to do the same. Then it's gonna be deadly.

I've seen a few mentions of "military service" on here, what's the reality with this? Is it something that is actually likely to happen?

He needs to win the next Asian Cup or he will need to serve in the military soon. That's the last chance he has left.

Absolute rose tinted nonsense

Chadli's two main abilities were invisibility and kicking ball into right backs shin. Wasn't great with the ball at his feet, dined out on the occasional decent goal.

Son can score a greater range of goals and has more technical ability.

Chadli is a luxury player without the luxury.

Absolute rose tinted nonsense

Chadli's two main abilities were invisibility and kicking ball into right backs shin. Wasn't great with the ball at his feet, dined out on the occasional decent goal.

Son can score a greater range of goals and has more technical ability.

Chadli is a luxury player without the luxury.

That's severely short sighted.

I'd suggest looking back on the goals and assists Chadli made before this topic gets any more embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom