Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hey the ugly cunt is back. Why dont you try to slag Son off again. Obviously he only had one goal today when he probably could have one more plus a pass or two he couldv shouldve made to All or whoever? Innit?

LOL... Wot???

Jog on, mate. :pochfacepalm:

I'm getting worried he might ask to leave at the end of the season. I just don't think he's feeling the love from the fans. Got abused against Millwall and what was our response? Nothing. And then we cheer louder for Janssen's goal than for any of his. And today, he scored in front of the Spurs fans and tellingly he didn't even look at them. Can those going to Swansea show the guy a bit more love and sing a frigging song for him?

If you are not at the game, you have no idea what sort of bond a player has with the fans. How did he feel after the Wycombe goal with the entire East Lower chanting Yiddo at him...?

How many happy, settled players, playing as well as he is, with several extremely close friendships in the squad leave because he hasnt got a fucking song?

Why are people always looking for something to be broken

:defoe:

If you are not at the game, you have no idea what sort of bond a player has with the fans. How did he feel after the Wycombe goal with the entire East Lower chanting Yiddo at him...?

How many happy, settled players, playing as well as he is, with several extremely close friendships in the squad leave because he hasnt got a fucking song?

Why are people always looking for something to be broken

:defoe:

My motto is "support the players in the ground but say whatever the hell you want on a forum". Yours seems to be the exact opposite. No offence, but I hope you don't go to many games.

My motto is "support the players in the ground but say whatever the hell you want on a forum". Yours seems to be the exact opposite. No offence, but I hope you don't go to many games.
So thousands of people chanting Yiddo at Son is not support?
As I said unless you was at Burnley you can't know what support he got. You didn't see him while you were watching replays of the goal, or while he was warming up or leaving the pitch at the end.

You fear he will leave based on a celebration where he hugged Alli instead of jumping into the away end?
And because the Spurs fans did nothing when he was abused by Millwall. Like what?
Nuke the away section?

I can't say if you was at Millwall, but again, I'm pretty sure he was given enough support, even though you didn't hear a song.

Going to matches gives a personal interaction when a player comes close. Davies doesnt have a song and many would be forgiven for thinking he is unpopular, yet vs Everton he was extremely well supported and clearly appreciated it, which wouldnt translate on tv.

There are plenty of hyperbol merchants always waiting to sour things and over react to events though so knock yourself out.

Last edited:
Right now, in a 3-4-3, I think Son is impact sub #1 behind a front 3 of Eriksen, Dele and Kane.
In a 4-2-3-1 though, I think he starts out left in an attacking midfield of himself, Dele and Eriksen.

Hes not really a lone striker type, and has long term competition at LM from Lamela/Eriksen, but is great in his current role for us. A real difference maker who we can count on to change or save the game. I love him but I hope hes ok with the part-time role. I suspect he won't be satisfied with it forever though.

I want Son to be our baby faced assassin. A player who we can always rely on to make a difference from the bench. I'd love if he was okay with that role as well. Name me one other team in the league who has a difference maker like Son sat on their bench.

I just watched the highlights on Spurs TV. Just before his goal, Eriksen put him in and he shot instead of passing to Dele, and Dele went fucking mental and you can hear him scream "Sonny!!!" And I think Son made a point of going to Dele after the goal to thank him for the pass so it wasn't really a snub to the fans. I still think he deserves a song though.

Love Son coming off the bench for the last 20-30 minutes. I find that when he starts games he oftentimes fades out of them. That said, I think he should be starting over Janssen on Wednesday.

Love Son coming off the bench for the last 20-30 minutes. I find that when he starts games he oftentimes fades out of them. That said, I think he should be starting over Janssen on Wednesday.

Stoke away? Boro away? Sunderland at home? Mom in all of them. I think the thing with Son is that he needs to have a good moment in a game and from that point on he can be unplayable. We saw that against Millwall. A couple of bad touches early on and his confidence goes down but he was a different player once that first goal went in.

He's a huge star in South Korea and his personal highlights videos of each our games get watched by hundreds of thousands of people. I think the one against Wycombe is up to million, so he does carry more of a weight of expectation than any of our other players.

Stoke away? Boro away? Sunderland at home? Mom in all of them. I think the thing with Son is that he needs to have a good moment in a game and from that point on he can be unplayable. We saw that against Millwall. A couple of bad touches early on and his confidence goes down but he was a different player once that first goal went in.

He's a huge star in South Korea and his personal highlights videos of each our games get watched by hundreds of thousands of people. I think the one against Wycombe is up to million, so he does carry more of a weight of expectation than any of our other players.

In all of those matches mentioned, he dominated early on in the game. Millwall may be an exception, one of the very few matches I missed. You don't find him popping up in say, the 60th minute onward if he's started the match. If we're playing 3 at the back and Kane/Eriksen/Dele are all fit, I'd much rather see him come off the bench.

I want Son to be our baby faced assassin. A player who we can always rely on to make a difference from the bench. I'd love if he was okay with that role as well. Name me one other team in the league who has a difference maker like Son sat on their bench.

chelsea have that dickhead traitor willian sat on their bench. seems to have disappeared this season though

I still think he deserves a song though.

He's got one, it's just no one ever sings it!
"NICE ONE HEUNG-MIN... NICE ONE SON...
NICE ONE HEUNG-MIN, LET'S HAVE ANOTHER ONE, Oi!" :sonlol:

...plus, if anyone can be arsed to learn or change the lyrics, there's always this ready-made gem for him:

'Sunny' - Boney M. :sonhmm:
Sonny, yesterday my life was filled with rain
Sonny, you smiled at me and really eased the pain
The dark days are gone, and the bright days are here,
My Sonny one shines so sincere
Sonny one so true, I love you...

Sonny, thank you for the sunshine bouquet
Sonny, thank you for the love you brought my way
You gave to me your all and all
Now I feel ten feet tall
Sonny one so true, I love you...
:sonpoint:

The latest interview on the official site with our game-winners from last night revealed that Dele is no longer Sonny's BFF. Big Kev is his best friend in the squad apparently.

The latest interview on the official site with our game-winners from last night revealed that Dele is no longer Sonny's BFF. Big Kev is his best friend in the squad apparently.
On his goal celebration
“After, I ran to Kevin (Wimmer, on the bench) because he’s my best friend and he keeps fighting. That’s why I wanted to do it. It’s nice to have a friend like him, working with him every day.”

Bitch+_4bbc56302f5c78cbadeaacbd0ed2fb6b.png

Back
Top Bottom