Have we signed Paulo Dybala yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is well worth your time to read.

Very frustrating that fucking image rights got in the way of that signing. When I saw that he'd sold them to a Maltese based company owned by his former agent it didn't make good reading.

Very badly advised in the past as it stopped him moving to us when he clearly wanted to.

But we never had any genuine interest in signing Dybala. :pocheyes:
It all smacks a bit of Tevez & Mascherano.... 3rd party ownership, be it image rights or ACTUAL player rights always smells fishy.... maybe it's an Argentine/South American thing, I dunno...

Doesn't mean they're not great players, they are... but have clearly been ill-advised to benefit someone ELSE'S bank account... and sometimes, the mess and baggage that come with such a transfer, is worth avoiding more than any potential benefits it might bring....

Real shame though...

Maybe this is one to add to the 'Modern football is broken' thread?

If that’s true....gutted. Maybe next year.

Also wtf.....where is all our new money coming from?
There is every chance that he will now go to PSG, it would appear Juve need to sell this window, so no next year.

We now generate some healthy revenues, we are no longer in a 35k stadium and our run in the CL last year might have seen us earn 90m!

Last edited:
If there were no image rights issues we wouldn’t have stood a chance of signing him. He would have been snapped up way before we got a sniff.

I don't understand why Juve need the money this window. Their financial year end is June 30 which means income received in January would fall within that. I don't know if the FFP rules have different timings and I can't be bothered to look into it.

But since personal terms were agreed and for all intents and purposes Dybala wanted to come I don't see why he can't put his foot down and say I don't want to go play in that farmers league just because you need a few quid.

They can't force him to accept terms with another club so hopefully he's not sold and then we continue discussions with this cunting image rights company and sort something out for Jan.

Bullet dodged for me. An exotic name people have an idealised view of. The reality is he's a player Juventus were desperate to get rid of because he doesn't excel in any particular position. He's not a striker, not a number 10, not a wide player. If Eriksen stays, he'd struggle to get in the starting line up. He'd become as dissapointing and divisive a figure as Lamela. Reading a Juventus, he's actually becoming their Lamela.

If there were no image rights issues we wouldn’t have stood a chance of signing him. He would have been snapped up way before we got a sniff.

Not necessarily; sounds as though most other leagues allow third party ownership of image rights, but the Premier League doesn't. If that's the case, this would only have been such a ballache for an English club, and as far as we know the only other English club interested was United, and Dybala wasn't that keen.

If that’s true....gutted. Maybe next year.

Sounds grimey as fuck to me....

There'll be other players for that kind of dosh (For example we could have bought Sane or Griezman for what he'd have ended up costing.)... I'm over it.

tumblr_ogcv2jZ5an1tsfx8ro1_400.gif

Isn't the image rights only an issue for the epl and only man u were interested and he didn't fancy them, all other leagues I don't think have any issue.

There is every chance that he will now go to PSG, it would appear Juve need to sell this window, so no next year.

We now generate some healthy revenues, we are no longer in a 35k stadium and our run in the CL last year might have seen us earn 90m!

Quick question to anyone that knows the answer. Can we signna player on a pre-agreement? For example continue to negotiate with Juve and his image rights team, agree something in let's say a month and then get him in 1st January? I'm pretty sure Real had a pre-agreement with Militao and Bayern with Pavard and Hernandez. If time was an issue and all parties are up for this, we should and can't let an opportunity to sign someone like him pass by.

If we genuinely wanted him, we'd still be in for him even if that means we lump the money in Jan.

Another question, do Juve need the money now or is early 2020 OK does anyone know? I'm pretty sure FFP accounts run May to April don't they?

Back
Top Bottom