Have we signed Halilović yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was at highgate and football was one of our main sports. We had a house league for all the kids who weren't in the school team which was a lot of fun.
Our school team was pretty decent but chigwell always gave us a tough game and their pitches were amazing.
Biggest cunts by far were Brentwood. Last game I played against them it all kicked off because one of their players called one of our Indian lads a fucking p*ki.
I did score an absolute screamer in that one though
:freundgoal:

Ours were

1. Rugby
2. Rugby
3. Are you English or something you cunt? RUGBY!!!!!
I thought all Welsh schools played a sport I don't understand in which you have to wear Wellingtons and chase sheep all over the place? never understood how you scored, but apparently it was important to have cliffs nearby.

I thought all Welsh schools played a sport I don't understand in which you have to wear Wellingtons and chase sheep all over the place? never understood how you scored, but apparently it was important to have cliffs nearby.
sir-cliff-richard.jpg

I went to state school so received no proper education, but we were made to play rugby; cunts. Basically it was what the PE teachers liked; cunts. But we played football before school, break, lunch break and I played also after school and the weekends. I played a lot of football and had some ability but never received any proper coaching. It was accepted that we played it at the school in breaks though. So much so that the main public car park was kept clear in breaks with visitors allowed to use the staff car park. But one day we came out to lunch and there was a brand new dark green range rover right in the middle of our 'pitch'. Well we weren't having that. After deliberately pelting the ball at it a few times in a 'I dare you to...'fashion we played as normal and if it hit the car so be it. Then a man came out and approached the car. We thought he'd go mental but he didn't - he apologised for parking on our pitch. Said he didn't know until the school had just told him...in his head teacher interview! And yes, he got the job.

There are Weekend and after school leagues for kids but they are all set up to favour the bigger kids. No emphasis on ability, just strength so puberty is a major factor. Means the skilful kids get no improvement as kids cause they're just pushed off the ball. That's the huge problem in England when it comes to football coaching IMV.

I went to state school so received no proper education, but we were made to play rugby; cunts. Basically it was what the PE teachers liked; cunts. But we played football before school, break, lunch break and I played also after school and the weekends. I played a lot of football and had some ability but never received any proper coaching. It was accepted that we played it at the school in breaks though. So much so that the main public car park was kept clear in breaks with visitors allowed to use the staff car park. But one day we came out to lunch and there was a brand new dark green range rover right in the middle of our 'pitch'. Well we weren't having that. After deliberately pelting the ball at it a few times in a 'I dare you to...'fashion we played as normal and if it hit the car so be it. Then a man came out and approached the car. We thought he'd go mental but he didn't - he apologised for parking on our pitch. Said he didn't know until the school had just told him...in his head teacher interview! And yes, he got the job.

There are Weekend and after school leagues for kids but they are all set up to favour the bigger kids. No emphasis on ability, just strength so puberty is a major factor. Means the skilful kids get no improvement as kids cause they're just pushed off the ball. That's the huge problem in England when it comes to football coaching IMV.
Oh mate you should come to my football club I run the J14s and the J15s and the end of the year we had a game, J15s vs J14s I was with the J14s, we won 20-1, which I guess means I'm not a good coach :avbshock:

Grammer, Church, State & Reform schools for me when I was domiciled in the UK. Rugby, Rugby & Cricket. :rolleyes:

Oh mate you should come to my football club I run the J14s and the J15s and the end of the year we had a game, J15s vs J14s I was with the J14s, we won 20-1, which I guess means I'm not a good coach :avbshock:

Is it like the under 21s league where you have a certain number of overage players? I'm in my 30s now.

Good that you're involved in coaching.

Is it like the under 21s league where you have a certain number of overage players? I'm in my 30s now.

Good that you're involved in coaching.
Yeah the lumbering overage centre back, who didn't give a shit, when it came to the match but unlike Kaboul I didn't get injured. I coach football as well as rowing, but the I get a lot of benefits out of it which is why I do it. Whether that be playing football or getting out of extra rowing sessions.

Seriously, how did we get here?
From a 17 year-old Croatian who we may or may not sign, to Rugby playing Welsh schools and soggy biscuits!!!!

That's good going even for THIS site!!!

The way this thread read I wasn't sure if this comment was about Halilovic or Santahat at first. :gylfi:

It was directed at Haililovic and muscles.
Mr. Testosterone has yet to enter the premises... was implied.
He looks like my eight year old nephew who I duct tape to the floor in order to assess his whereabouts.

Biggest cunts by far were Brentwood.
:freundgoal:

You prick. :parker:

Highgate my year were always pretty poor (left 2 years ago now). Remember 1 year we were 4-0 up and the ref (your ref) sent one of our players off for "racism", because he said to a black guy who had dived - "you went down like a sack of shit". Has he never heard that phrase? :roflmao:

Anyway, you then got 3 goals back and we played about 15 minutes added time (no exaggeration), but held on to win.

Back
Top Bottom