Have we signed Halilović yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mate, '97 here and while that kid is being linked to Spurs I'm browsing football forums and being too scared to try out for my school team although I love football.

Dude PLEASE go do it. I'd give anything to have those days back. Great fun and does awesome things for your character. And of course, there's always Glory within reach. Even if you're a complete wanker out there, you'll regret it if you don't give it a go. And at the end of the day, who effin cares? Do it, my man.

Mate, '97 here and while that kid is being linked to Spurs I'm browsing football forums and being too scared to try out for my school team although I love football.
Give it a go, dude. Worst case you don't make it, but at least you tried. There's a nice quote from Teddy Roosevelt about the man in the arena you might want to google. You can't control the final decision, but you won't know the decision if you don't try out.

Currently play for my school's team and it is pretty awesome. It makes going back to school actually fun. I play RB and CB for my first two years in highschool (grade 9 and 10). Tuesday starts tryouts for the highest team (Varsity). My 10th grade year playing was the most fun thing i've ever done.

Currently play for my school's team and it is pretty awesome. It makes going back to school actually fun. I play RB and CB for my first two years in highschool (grade 9 and 10). Tuesday starts tryouts for the highest team (Varsity). My 10th grade year playing was the most fun thing i've ever done.

Good luck man!! Relax and do what you do.

At least your school does football, we have to represent the school when we can get away with it. We've tried campaigning to do football but instead I have to do sports from this 'fun' list:
  1. Rugby
  2. Rowing
  3. Hockey
  4. Squash
  5. Fives
  6. Athletics
  7. Cricket
  8. Tennis
  9. Kayaking
  10. Cross Country.
Who wants to do these? If you can play the beautiful game do.

At least your school does football, we have to represent the school when we can get away with it. We've tried campaigning to do football but instead I have to do sports from this 'fun' list:
  1. Rugby
  2. Rowing
  3. Hockey
  4. Squash
  5. Fives
  6. Athletics
  7. Cricket
  8. Tennis
  9. Kayaking
  10. Cross Country.
Who wants to do these? If you can play the beautiful game do.
Play hockey. It's like soccer with a weapon... team sport with very similar tactics and a few more. Supposed to be non-contact - like hell, you learn to use the stick so the umpires don't notice....
Seriously, try as many sports as you can. For me, to be a sport it has to be team sports, the rest are exercise or a hobby. Sure, i do them, but don't consider them sport!
I played them all, gave us rugby in early 20's, soccer in my 30's, cricket in my 40's and still going with hockey in my 50's and keeping up with the kids.

Back
Top Bottom