Have we signed Frank de Boer yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whats the score, Frank de Boer?

• Total voters
Wenger and Mourinho were untested premier league managers once upon a time, and Mark Hughes has tonnes of experience managing in premier league

So that argument never valid, of course we would want one with knowledge of premier league but there is literally a handful of proven, quite respected good managers we can have, and De Boer leads it, way ahead of De Boar

Because .... The betting sites know. This whole shambles is all free money for them.

tumblr_inline_mgce59VvxS1qdfa3c.jpg

we're fucking doomed ffs ... doomed I tell ya
crying-waterfalls.gif

The betting sites know how to make money and they're often more ITK than you'd expect.. Though I worked for Ladbrokes, Betsafe, Betsson, and others, and still work in betting today - so perhaps I'm partial.

Was speaking to a Celtic fan today who was asking why we're not going for Neil Lennon - Celtic have beaten Ajax twice in the past 3 years, play in arguably a shitter league and lennon got them into the last 16. Not sure if FDb achieved the latter, although he was a more highly regarded player and is not a fucking ginger bastard. But the Celtic cunt maybe has a point.

Although I can see your point, Gary Hooper and Wanyama have been a bit poop since they came to the PL, whereas Eriksen, Suarez & Vertonghen have all been successful so far, so it's not all transferable in that respect.

Definitely strange to think about though

What are you basing that on? Who in the Atletico squad was a proven, known player prior to this season? Not even Costa. Villa is the only one really, and he didn't even play. Atletico is definitely not a bigger club than Chelsea is today, that's just a silly notion.

I don't think you're getting what I think ArcspacE ArcspacE means.

A big club isn't the one with the most experienced players in a season, it's the one with the most conviction in it's history.

Atletico have won far more trophies than Chelsea, and have got themselves where they are without billions gifted to them - in fact, they could be considered a selling club that struggle in a league of incredible overspending from Real & Barca, yet they continually challenge for honours.

It's enviable how much bigger they are than Chelsea, or a number of clubs in our league

I don't think you're getting what I think ArcspacE ArcspacE means.

A big club isn't the one with the most experienced players in a season, it's the one with the most conviction in it's history.

Atletico have won far more trophies than Chelsea, and have got themselves where they are without billions gifted to them - in fact, they could be considered a selling club that struggle in a league of incredible overspending from Real & Barca, yet they continually challenge for honours.

It's enviable how much bigger they are than Chelsea, or a number of clubs in our league

Point taken.
It comes down to definition then really.
To me the big club is the club with the purchasing power, the big name players as well as the world wide fan base.
The club with the rich tradition and fighting spirit is the admirable, likable club.

Atletico is not that hipster. Most of their players are from investment companies and they have relative more debt than Real and barca.

Loved them punching chelsea KO though

Fuck, i am a hipster

Point taken.
It comes down to definition then really.
To me the big club is the club with the purchasing power, the big name players as well as the world wide fan base.
The club with the rich tradition and fighting spirit is the admirable, likable club.

I think there's two different definitions.

A business comparison would be a "big company like Google", compared to a "big company like Forbes".

Whoever comes to THFC the right personnel, the players have to be there or be encouraged to sign otherwise it all means nothing. You can't polish 11 gems when one or two are shite?

I do try to see the best in all players but we need to move onto the next level. One or two players will need to be axed.[/QUO

Atletico is not that hipster. Most of their players are from investment companies and they have relative more debt than Real and barca.

Loved them punching chelsea KO though

Fuck, i am a hipster

Agreed with you. But I was just having a dig at old Arcy. If you compliment any player, club, manager, or tactic from the continent that doesn't come from Real Madrid he labels you a hipster. It's very odd.

Was unsure about him. Thinking he could be another AVB but I think we should risk it and get him. Love his comments about us being 'sleeping giants' and saying we're a 'beautiful club, with beautiful history'.

This is the sort of stuff I want to hear from our manager. Just want Levy to actually back our manager, give them time and the players they WANT!

Get rid of the DoF, they don't work!

Is it on or off? i just don't get the need for the club to make a statement.
It can't be to keep Tim happy - and would he really be looking to get bogged down in some legal dismissal shit if he's trying to put himself in the window to manage at another club?
Most importantly, I need to know how my 20-1 bet is looking :harrylol:

Pretty impressive. I know the Dutch League isn't incredible but four straight is no joke.

I did post, but then realised I was looking at his player achievements, not managerial

:paulinhofacepalm:

SPL is a joke without competition like Rangers, I reckon even Ince would win the SPL each season with Celtic

Back
Top Bottom